Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pro-Vala Season 10 thread... and the reason why.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pro-Vala Season 10 thread... and the reason why.

She is going through some serious poo-poo (since this forum is PG I can't use the word I'm searching for, but I think you guys can get My drift). She's off in Ori-ville, and supposedly at the end of season 9 they'll get her back to our side of the Galaxy... well, maybe she'll be the fun loving, humor-all-the-time Vala... but maybe she won't.

The producers could go that way and have her be the exact same Vala we all know and love (or hate lol), but on the same note, her encounters with the Ori might make her a more serious character, especially given she will be a main character in season 10. We know that the SGC won't be done with the Priors or the Ori in season 9 and that they will continue to be a major threat in season 10, so perhaps in her interaction Vala will become a major thrust of season 10 because of some knowledge she has gained from the Ori.

Heck, imagine if one of the Ori had "possessed" her, and so she had the knowledge of the Ori in her brain, and someone she was freed when she returned to our Galaxy... that could be one definete reason that they allow her into the SGC and SG-1, because of her knowledge to fight the Ori.

Just one of a slew of possiblities. Of course, i could be 100% wrong and she'll just be cracking one joke after another and making sexual advances on Daniel (which, btw, I like lol).

But I guess we shall see!

There are several Vala threads on this forum already.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
      There are several Vala threads on this forum already.
      But Vala is SPECIAL. So much more important than all other characters in the show and we all have to love her, don´t you know that???

Really this stuff annoys me. There are people who don´t like Jack or Daniel or Sam or even Teal´c and their fans usually accept this.
      Why can the Vala crowd not accept that the same is true for their darling.
      It´s almost as if this board were overun by Ori-priors "All Hallowed is Vala"

But for me does this stuff the opposide: As more as I feel forced to love her as more I dislike her.

Comment

I love Vala I just don't see the point in having dozens of the similar threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirara
          But Vala is SPECIAL. So much more important than all other characters in the show and we all have to love her, don´t you know that???

Really this stuff annoys me. There are people who don´t like Jack or Daniel or Sam or even Teal´c and their fans usually accept this.
          Why can the Vala crowd not accept that the same is true for their darling.
          It´s almost as if this board were overun by Ori-priors "All Hallowed is Vala"

But for me does this stuff the opposide: As more as I feel forced to love her as more I dislike her.
          The difference is that the "Vala issue" is very contenious

People just don't like Vala, they HATE her, some blame her for all the things that are "wrong" with the show - ie the direction the show is taking

The people who do like her are put on the defensive starting threads in defence of a character that some of the fans are very vocal in hating, and take any oppurtunity to promote her

I wasn't around Gateworld back then but I think this must have been what the "Jonas Wars" were like. Difference is that the majority of viewers like Vala alot and shes coming back next season
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
            The difference is that the "Vala issue" is very contenious

People just don't like Vala, they HATE her, some blame her for all the things that are "wrong" with the show - ie the direction the show is taking

The people who do like her are put on the defensive starting threads in defence of a character that some of the fans are very vocal in hating, and take any oppurtunity to promote her

I wasn't around Gateworld back then but I think this must have been what the "Jonas Wars" were like. Difference is that the majority of viewers like Vala alot and shes coming back next season
            I wouldn´t call it hate what I feel about Vala, but I must admit that in
            my opinion Vala is the most prominent symptom of the things that are wrong with the show.
            As season 8 was on air some of the now most vocal Vala-defenders were blaming RDA (and I mean the actor NOT Jack the character) for the things that they felt were wrong in this season (lack of Gate-centred stories, lack of team, characters behaving out of character). RDA is gone and the problems are still the same. But how strange now they are no longer problems, it´s just a sign that the show has "progessed" and is
            now much better than ever before

If you ask me,than have the PTB since season 7 worked to change the show into that what we have now and the problems for which RDA was hold so often responsible were in truth the steps that lead to the all new, all cynic Stargate. And for that I don´t hold Vala, or her actress (who must like all of us pay her rent) but the people who made this decissions (RCC and the
            Sci Fi channel managment) responsible.

But I had said nothing about this thread if the poster which had created it played by the rules and put it in the folder for "thunk" threads. What I don´t like if someone seems to believe that they are standing above the intrests of all users of this board and don´t have to play by the rules. But to the same time going the advocates of the "progressed" Stargate mad if someone who has another opinion like them dares to do the same (like asking Joe about RDA apearing in season 10 or what´s about Jonas or about Sam in season 10).
            Last edited by Kirara; 05 December 2005, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
              I wasn't around for the Jonas Wars either but I get the feeling that a large chunk of the fans hated Jonas simply because he replaced Daniel. Right now Vala stands on her own, but if she ever replaces Sam then this board will go through another, possibly worse war...

Comment

Folks, please let's stick to the multitude of already exisiting threads. And in those threads please remember to stick to the topic - pro or con Vala.

Feli
                GateWorld Moderator

Comment

Working...
                X