This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Current Sci-Fi Flicks

Has anyone been to the theatres for a good sci-fi/fantasy/horror thriller lately?

I really wanted to see Dawn of the Dead but never got around to it.

Yikes. I won't be seeing Dawn of the Dead ever if I have a choice. Horror flicks disturb me. Deeply. But if your able to watch them without hiding your eyes for almost the entire movie than kudos to you!

It seems like there haven't been any good sci-fi movies released lately. I am looking forward to the Riddick Chronicles which is coming out soon. Can't wait.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I went to see Shawn of the Dead. That had zombies in it and a couple of horrific bits, so would that count as horror? I thought it was hilarious, really well done.

Other than that, this year has been a bit light on that genre for me, although I did go to see Return of the King four times.

I want to go see Van Helsing - apart from Hugh Jackman looking droolworthy, the special effects look pretty tasty too from the trailers.
      sigpic

Comment

Shawn of the Dead? Well I might go see that one.

Hugh Jackman....mmmm....uh what was the topic again?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
          Other than that, this year has been a bit light on that genre for me, although I did go to see Return of the King four times.
          I saw ROTK twice (grrrr at you lucky people) but to be honest I don't get to see much in the way of films.

More's the pity.
          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

If it makes it to the US - it's a British film. Mind you 28 Days Later, a British horror, did quite well in the US.

http://uip.co.uk/romzom/

The best bit for me is that until the zombies actually attack them they don't even notice, Shawn just keeps on going about his daily business only seeing what he expects to see and therefore missing things like the dead bodies in the front gardens, and the pool of blood he nearly slips over in.
            sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed The Ring. Own it. Mildly enjoyed Jeepers Creepers 1&2. Those are both one-timers for me.

Comment

I did go to see Return of the King four times.
                Cool! I saw ROTK twice, and can't wait for the DVD to be out in May. I also intend to get the extended DVDs too in Nov/Dec.

Comment

I saw Ella Enchanted - does this qualify as Fantasy? It's quite funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Norlioness
                    I saw Ella Enchanted - does this qualify as Fantasy? It's quite funny.
                    Oh, sure. Fairytale=fantasy=...sure!

Comment

Originally posted by David
                      Has anyone been to the theatres for a good sci-fi/fantasy/horror thriller lately?

I really wanted to see Dawn of the Dead but never got around to it.
                      Sadly, I've only seen LotR this year, and that only once. (Despite working at a movie theater.)

I've heard Dawn of the Dead was excellent, but am a big scaredy cat so never had any interest in seeing it.
                      ** Dax

Slowly but surely
                      regaining my post count.

Dax(ie)Parrot the Very Bored Wierdie Nitty Bluie Alien Purple THUNK Fan

Comment

<snip>

I want to go see Van Helsing - apart from Hugh Jackman looking droolworthy, the special effects look pretty tasty too from the trailers.
                        Van Helsing, (and Hugh Jackman) both look pretty good. And the Chronicals of Riddick look good too.

What I'm really looking forward to though, is the new Harry Potter movie, coming out in June.
                        ** Dax

Slowly but surely
                        regaining my post count.

Comment

isn't troy coming out soon? it's sort of fantasy-ish...i'm excited for it :-)
                          My flickr photography.

Comment

Originally posted by daxterdd
                            And the Chronicals of Riddick look good too.

Two Stargate residents, Michael Adamthwaite (Herak) and David Palffy (Anubis/Sokar) are in Riddick!!

Comment

Originally posted by David
                              Two Stargate residents, Michael Adamthwaite (Herak) and David Palffy (Anubis/Sokar) are in Riddick!!
                              As are Christina Cox (T'akaya) and several actors who played characters without names.

I do believe it was filmed in Canada, that's why there are so many SG1 actors.
                              ** Dax

Slowly but surely
                              regaining my post count.

Comment

Working...
                              X