This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers for Origin & 4th Horseman. An Ori question

When I first watched Origin I began to think, is it possible they can force someone to become a Prior I mean if they can transport someones spirit, for the lack of a better term, (See the end of The Fourth Horseman) to another galaxy in an instant.

If they can do that surely it must be in their power to force someone good, like Cameron or General Landry, to their side.

They didn't force Gerrak to their side, but the power that they gave to him convinced him that the Ori were true gods, if they took Cameron etc.. they would be able to give them the funky powers, but who said they would comply? and besides.. the Ancients would prevent it (Or I think they would).

Comment

I don't think the Ori would give any special powers to anyone who doubted them. Such a person could potentially do a lot of damage.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

free will! is the biggest weapon we have against them
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whatazarian
          ...the Ancients would prevent it (Or I think they would).
          I think they would also. Convincing someone of your power and forcing them to comply are two very differnt things.
          302's lead the way!

Comment

The Ori are probably gonna have the ascended ancients screwed pretty soon, and the mortal earthlings are gonna have to save them. That's something I'd like to see, even though the Ori and other aliens are very supernatural, humans have the will, creativity, and ingenuity to overcome ridiculous obstacles. I got no clue how it would work, but TPTB are creative, I'm sure they'll give us something more interesting than the ascended ancients step in. We've already used them enough, we used there weapons console to defeat the replicators, Oma fought Anubis, and spoiler we are going to be looking for an ancient console in Camelot. The ancients are interesting, but it would be cool to see things go vice versa for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
              free will! is the biggest weapon we have against them
              nicely said! I totally agree!
              if they do turn someone good though, we will have an advantage and this person will help us fight the Ori!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I don't think the Ori would give any special powers to anyone who doubted them. Such a person could potentially do a lot of damage.

They could jsut take the power back, or kill the person of they weren't complying with the Ori's wishes.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                X