This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DST Making Figure-Sized Stargate!

If you haven't seen it yet, go over to http://www.diamondselecttoys.com and register to be a "Radical." Then you can click on Spectrum Monthly to see pictures of the Serpent Guard action figure and a Stargate replica. It goes on to say that each figure in Series 1 and Series 2 will come with pieces of the Stargate and ramp so we can build our own gate. Very cool!

PS: DST sends out free figures every so often, like the World Tour Willow and Chosen Spike from their Buffy line. I missed the first one because I put in a fake address, so make sure you don't make the same mistake

The good news keeps coming down the pike

Diamond Select Spectrum newsletter has the first pic of the Serpent Guard and he looks great! He comes with a removeable helmet so army builders and customizers get ready. They also are reporting, like Gateworld did, that each fig will come with a part of a Stargate model (aliens like SG form part of a ramp)

So head over to diamondselecttoys.com/spectrum.asp to check them out.
    Oh BTW you need to register your email to sign up for the newsletter but their is no fee.

Comment

Awesome. I just signed up for it. I can't wait to get a look at them.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't wanna register. Can someone post the information/picture?
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
          I don't wanna register. Can someone post the information/picture?
          Why not? It's free. I just registered.

Comment

Registered to too many places.
            sigpic

Comment

just registered, thanks for the link
              sigpic

Comment

Man I can't wait for these figures to come out so I can build my Stargate. God, I feel like a little kid again.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Diamond released a few more photos to various on line toy sites, and they look good.
                  http://www.action-figure.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=18599[/URL]

My only question is where is the articluation? The DST site claims that the Daniel has 12 pts. of articluation but where is it? Are they using the material that Art Asylum did with the first wave of Star Trek Enterprise figs? Or are we looking at prototypes without the articluation? (unlikely) What do you all think? As it stands, they remind me of McFarlane figure- great sculpts but not really any action to the figure. I wonder if Jean St. Jean work on them has any thing with it?

Comment

These look like prototypes without the articulation. That's why the neck looks a little funky. If I recall correctly, the very first prototypes are made of resin, which is near impossible to put decent articulation into without having it fall apart. The final plastic version with full articulation comes out more toward the release date.

Comment

Eyes look a littleoff, but other than that I'm impressed.
                      sigpic

Comment

I agree that these previews are resin figures with no articulation. Serpent Guard Looks awesome! I guess either the Daniel Jackson figure will either be without a vest or have a soft goods vest? I would almost rather see a sculpted vest.

Deadly Beauty...

Comment

The Stargate should have an iris available to place on it. You know, for realism.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I wish you didn't have to buy all the figures to get a Stargate...

Comment

Cool looking website. Thanx for posting. I agree with most, that Serpent Guard looks sweet. Only wish there were more characters listed, personally I'd be ecstatic for characters like Ra, Hathor, Anubis, etc...(lol, basically all of 'em ) But this is a great start

Also signed up for the newsletter.....
                              "....the sound became words. His words and yet not his words. His thoughts and yet not his thoughts. An announcement of triumph and an admission of defeat: I AM HERE"
                              - Bentley Little, Dominion

Comment

Working...
                              X