X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderator Team Changes!

Hi, all!

We're very happy to announce several additions to GateWorld Forum's team of Happy, Cheery Moderators (TM). In addition, we have a promotion and a departing mod to announce.

TameFarrar, Major Tyler, and kiwigater have been asked to join the moderator team, and have unwisely agreed! Their individual and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. These three have been active, supportive members of the forum for many moons now -- longer than me, I think.

Meanwhile, we are bidding farewell to our beloved Major Clanger, who sails into the West. After many years of modding, she has opted for the retirement plan. MC was one of GateWorld's founding members (and frequent holder of the GateWorld Top Poster award back at Delphi Forums), and one of the very first mods brought on board when I decided I couldn't handle this crazy business all by myself. Her contributions to making this forum what it is today cannot be overestimated. She'll still be around the forum as a playmate, but will have to sheath her mighty spoon (at least whenever I'm looking).

Promotion! Skydiver has kindly agreed to step into GateGipsy's shoes as our Forum Manager, which is something akin to "Senior Mod and Idea Person." In addition to having the final say when I am not around (and I'll be less and less, with a baby coming this Monday!), she's been tasked with brainstorming some cool new things for us to do with the forum.

Thanks once again to our moderators for the often thankless job of keeping this place in tip-top shape. And thanks to all of you for making the forum great, and for giving us rule-enforcers your grace and benefit of the doubt!

Darren
    Last edited by Darren; 01 December 2005, 09:36 PM.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

What he said. (Who is he, anyway??)

MC and Gips, though your positions have changed don't you dare decide to leave us without the blessings of your company. I have learned so much from both of you. This place would be too different without you.

Sky, I am very proud of you. As Gipsy, you'll do us proud.

Tame and Kiwi. I genuinely love these gals. They are going to do an awesome job. Matt Tyler is the most cool and level-headed guy (besides myself, of course) that I've met on this forum. This is going to be a great batch of people to work with.

David
    The Doci to Darren's Ori.
    Last edited by David; 01 December 2005, 10:21 PM.

Comment

What they said. It's been a great experience working with MC, working under Gipsy, and I've learned masses from you. And Darren, this Monday? Crikey, I'd got the idea it was Friday. Wow!

Madeleine

Comment

Congradulations on the promotion, Skydiver.

Congradulations on the new Mods, Tame, kiwi, and Major Tyler!

I'm sorry I forgot you, kiwi.
        Last edited by greytop; 01 December 2005, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I wonder if there's a hazing?

Comment

Wo0t! wo0t!

Better you than me. There are some crazy people on these boards...

Hey! Don't look at me...I am normal...by comparison at least.

*~S.T.A.K.S.~*~LiveJournal Leik Woah~*

"Dosmrti, dosmrti na to nezapomenu."

Comment

Congrats on our new Mods Tame, kiwi and Major Tyler !
              Congrats on the promotion Sky !

Oh, and MC... now that you're not a mod anymore, do you think you'll have some time to join us in the Shep Thunk thread ? (we won't miss your spoon though ! )

Darren - Baby this Monday ? Woot !
              Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                Hi, all!

We're very happy to announce several additions to GateWorld Forum's team of Happy, Cheery Moderators (TM). In addition, we have a promotion and a departing mod to announce.

TameFarrar, Major Tyler, and kiwigater have been asked to join the moderator team, and have unwisely agreed! Their individual and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. These three have been active, supportive members of the forum for many moons now -- longer than me, I think.

Meanwhile, we are bidding farewell to our beloved Major Clanger, who sails into the West. After many years of modding, she has opted for the retirement plan. MC was one of GateWorld's founding members (and frequent holder of the GateWorld Top Poster award back at Delphi Forums), and one of the very first mods brought on board when I decided I couldn't handle this crazy business all by myself. Her contributions to making this forum what it is today cannot be overestimated. She'll still be around the forum as a playmate, but will have to sheath her mighty spoon (at least whenever I'm looking).

Promotion! Skydiver has kindly agreed to step into GateGipsy's shoes as our Forum Manager, which is something akin to "Senior Mod and Idea Person." In addition to having the final say when I am not around (and I'll be less and less, with a baby coming this Monday!), she's been tasked with brainstorming some cool new things for us to do with the forum.

Thanks once again to our moderators for the often thankless job of keeping this place in tip-top shape. And thanks to all of you for making the forum great, and for giving us rule-enforcers your grace and benefit of the doubt!

Darren
                MC not a mode????? Wow thats a difficult idea to get used to! I can understand though. ((((((((((((((((((((MC))))))))))))))))))) you are the best!

Comment

Congrats to the new MODS I guess

Comment

Congratulations to all!

*thinks what to bribe the new mods with*

Thanks Major Clanger; it has been fun.
                    Last edited by Kliggins; 02 December 2005, 01:25 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Don't you know by now that chocolates and shoes are very powerful bargaining tools on this forum, Kliggins...

Does this mean we're safe from THE SPOON... *quietly rejoices*

Best wishes to the new mods... We'll try not to make life too difficult for you people...
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Congratulations to all of you I wish you best of luck.
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Something tells me we're never safe from THE SPOON.

I'm very sorry to see MC stepping down (she's so much fun!), but congrats to Tame, Tyler, and Kiwi! Although, really, I feel like I should be offering my condolences. You guys are gonna be in for a rough ride, methinks. At least you're all up to the task.

Good luck with the promotion, Skydiver and Gips... you're still a mod, right? Just not so high up the totem pole anymore? I hope the compromise works, 'cause I'd hate to lose two of our best mods in one go. Not that there are any BAD mods, of course. Although I'm not sure about Tame, she's a troublemaker...

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                            Don't you know by now that chocolates and shoes are very powerful bargaining tools on this forum, Kliggins...

Does this mean we're safe from THE SPOON... *quietly rejoices*

Best wishes to the new mods... We'll try not to make life too difficult for you people...
                            You mean *gasp* one of the new mods can be bribed with chocolate or shoes?

I will miss the threat of the spoon.
                            sigpic

Comment

Congrats to the new moderators!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X