PDA

View Full Version : Can The Wraith Feed on Jaffa?

newtrekker
December 1st, 2005, 04:29 PM
I have been thinking, if the Wraith reach the MW will they be able to feed on the Jaffa?

In my opinion I don't know, but I would like to know what you think.

Zekk
December 1st, 2005, 04:32 PM
I dont see why not....

MarshAngel
December 1st, 2005, 07:35 PM
I'd say Yes. The Jaffa look edible to me... and they should have all the same tasty stuff in their chests.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
December 1st, 2005, 07:48 PM
Yes, jaffa are exactly the same as human as we are.

i wonder if the wraith can feed on the asgard?

Exiled Master
December 1st, 2005, 08:05 PM
If they tried to feed on the Asgard, they'd prbably have some sort of reaction. Remember that the wraith are human based (or their bodies are mostly human). The Asgard probably would produce some sort of reaction in them. Not the death-of-steve reaction, but a "you taste like garbage" reaction.
As for the jaffa, I think if they somehow took the Ford route, then they'd be stronger than even a supersoldier when first injected. I think that a Jaffa would take longer to drain, with the extended life span. So it would become more likely that Jaffa would go Ford if they met a wraith.

newtrekker
December 1st, 2005, 08:26 PM
Yes, jaffa are exactly the same as human as we are.

i wonder if the wraith can feed on the asgard?

The Jaffa are humans but don't forget they have a completely different immune system. As for the Asgard, I have no idea, they probably could feed on them.

helio9
December 1st, 2005, 08:41 PM
Yeah, probably.

Syera
December 1st, 2005, 08:49 PM
The Jaffa are humans but don't forget they have a completely different immune system. As for the Asgard, I have no idea, they probably could feed on them.

So the question would be whether or not the chemicals released into the body by the Goa'uld symbiote would have an adverse affect upon the Wraith.

The Asgard don't look particularly tasty to me... still, who knows? Maybe they'd be like escargot to the Wraith.

newtrekker
December 2nd, 2005, 12:15 AM
So the question would be whether or not the chemicals released into the body by the Goa'uld symbiote would have an adverse affect upon the Wraith.

The Asgard don't look particularly tasty to me... still, who knows? Maybe they'd be like escargot to the Wraith.

That's an interesting thought. I was thinking that since the Jaffa have a different immune system they might be immune to the Wraith enzyme that they release into their victims before they start feeding on them.

Syera
December 2nd, 2005, 08:01 AM
Well, both symbiote and Wraith release a "performance enhancement drug," so to speak. Would the symbiote recognize this as a foreign substance, or would it do nothing about the enzyme? And would this enzyme strengthen a Jaffa, or would the presence of the Wraith enzyme/Goa'uld symbiote be like mixing chlorine and ammonia? (Both awesome household cleaners on their own, but deadly together.) Hmm... possibilities, possibilities.

Also, being immune to the enzyme (which only acts to strengthen the victim) wouldn't necessarily make them immune to having their life sucked out. However, due to the symbiote, even if the enzyme still had no effect, they might have just as much snack power, if not more, than your average human.

newtrekker
December 2nd, 2005, 02:13 PM
Well, both symbiote and Wraith release a "performance enhancement drug," so to speak. Would the symbiote recognize this as a foreign substance, or would it do nothing about the enzyme? And would this enzyme strengthen a Jaffa, or would the presence of the Wraith enzyme/Goa'uld symbiote be like mixing chlorine and ammonia? (Both awesome household cleaners on their own, but deadly together.) Hmm... possibilities, possibilities.

Also, being immune to the enzyme (which only acts to strengthen the victim) wouldn't necessarily make them immune to having their life sucked out. However, due to the symbiote, even if the enzyme still had no effect, they might have just as much snack power, if not more, than your average human.

I like your last idea there Syera. I hope an SG consultant would know the first few questions. Because I have no idea, but they're interesting questions.

Deano
December 2nd, 2005, 02:19 PM
They should be able to feed on jaffa
As for the Asgaurd i dont know
But what if a Wraith tried to feed on a Kull warrior

helio9
December 3rd, 2005, 12:25 AM
I highly doubt they'd get through the armour. But an unarmoured one, sure why not.

knowsfords
December 3rd, 2005, 12:37 AM
I highly doubt they'd get through the armour. But an unarmoured one, sure why not.

There are no more Kull warriors, they only have a 3 week shelf life before kicking the bucket iirc

But that brings up a completely different issue of alot of the kull armour just laying around.

Deano
December 3rd, 2005, 04:08 AM
There are no more Kull warriors, they only have a 3 week shelf life before kicking the bucket iirc

But that brings up a completely different issue of alot of the kull armour just laying around.

The kull couldnt think for them selfs so why did we not just ree program them and send them to battle theWraith and the Ori.

Plus a un armoured warrior is stronger than a human so it would provide a better source of food. cloneing kull for food, see the clones for dinner thread in the SGA serise 2 forum.;)

jazz!
December 3rd, 2005, 06:47 AM
If the Wraith have evolved to consume the life-force of humans they may have trouble to do so on other races -> I'm sure the iratus bug could suck the life out of the other races tho!

Deano
December 3rd, 2005, 06:51 AM
If the Wraith have evolved to consume the life-force of humans they may have trouble to do so on other races -> I'm sure the iratus bug could suck the life out of the other races tho!

Apart from the snake in their gut, jaffa are human.

newtrekker
December 3rd, 2005, 01:32 PM
Apart from the snake in their gut, jaffa are human.

True, true. That's why I wanted everyones opinion on the question, first because the Jaffa have a Goa'uld in their stomach and second they have a strong immune system.

knowsfords
December 3rd, 2005, 05:17 PM
The kull couldnt think for them selfs so why did we not just ree program them and send them to battle theWraith and the Ori.

Plus a un armoured warrior is stronger than a human so it would provide a better source of food. cloneing kull for food, see the clones for dinner thread in the SGA serise 2 forum.;)

They were grown to be the absolute pinacle of human based strength and several bodily functions were sacrificed so that would be the case and then brought to life with ancient healing technology, without the blank symbiotes healing them constantly they would die rather quickly and as it is they only last for about 3 weeks before dropping dead from pulminary failure. They would be a poor meal for the wraith as they would die within a minute.

The wraith already inject an enzyme into thier victims so they can last longer, they don't need to clone super strong humans... they tried to do that with teyla's ancestors, seriously do some of you even watch the shows?

Deano
December 3rd, 2005, 05:27 PM
They were grown to be the absolute pinacle of human based strength and several bodily functions were sacrificed so that would be the case and then brought to life with ancient healing technology, without the blank symbiotes healing them constantly they would die rather quickly and as it is they only last for about 3 weeks before dropping dead from pulminary failure. They would be a poor meal for the wraith as they would die within a minute.

The wraith already inject an enzyme into thier victims so they can last longer, they don't need to clone super strong humans... they tried to do that with teyla's ancestors, seriously do some of you even watch the shows?

I never miss an episode, what bi meant was that the kull are stronger than average humans so although they wont last long ther strenth will provide a tasty meal, like when sumnur was eaten by the keeper.:p

Erised
December 3rd, 2005, 05:30 PM
I think they can
and probably jaffaa have more "calories" in them :D :p

Exiled Master
December 3rd, 2005, 05:35 PM
We could say that the wraith enzyme is a stimulant and the Jaffa's abilities are like a depressant, reducing the effectiveness of the hosts immune system. Now if we extrapolate from what we know about stimulants and depressants reacting, then we could get a rough idea of how they would interact.

Deano
December 3rd, 2005, 05:36 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........jaffa cakes.........tasty!!!

TrustNo1
December 5th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Aren't the Asgard genes close to humans? That's why they wanted O'Neill, right? So... Asgard for dinner anyone?

newtrekker
December 7th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for all your opinions.

_Owen_
December 7th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Yes, the Wraith can most deffinetly feed on Jaffa, Jaffa are just humans with pouches, of course they might not last as long because the Goa'uld symbiote would likely break down the Wraith enzyme almost immediately, however, the symbiote could keep them alive longer too, accomplishing what the enzyme would.

RA the sun god
December 7th, 2005, 02:42 PM
well about the wraith feeding on jaffa the symbiote rejects any foreign...thing for lack for a better word and will probably do the same with the wraith enzyme so the symbyote would nutrelize the wraith enzyme and even with it healing the jaffa would only give the wraith a snack!!!:D :D

Commander Aegir
December 9th, 2005, 10:22 AM
I thought Wraith could feed on anyone

skritsys
December 9th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Would the Wraith be able to chow down on symbiotes like fries? Now there is a question? I would guess that the Wraith might be able to figure out that they could yank out the symbiote to eat a Jaffa Cake, but then, what would happen if a symbiote joined with a Wraith? Now that would be interesting.....

theStormWeaver
December 9th, 2005, 01:11 PM
I think they could, but with the symbiote supporting it the Jaffa would take longer to kill that way, and it may be able to fight back.

Exiled Master
December 10th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Maybe the Wraith would get high from feeding on the Jaffa?

Deano
December 10th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Maybe the Wraith would get high from feeding on the Jaffa?
A high wraith, what would that be like.

newtrekker
December 10th, 2005, 03:43 PM
A high wraith, what would that be like.

LOL, that would be something I'd like to see http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/newtrekker/Smilies/ford02.gif

RA the sun god
December 10th, 2005, 08:34 PM
ohh thatd be fun hehe...