This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Chronicles of Prydain as a movie?

With Lord of the Rings going to live action and now The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, a thought occurred to me.

How many people here on GW Forum know The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander? How well do you think the five books would work as movies? Who would you cast in the lead roles: Taran of Caer Dallben, Princess Eilonwy, Fflewddur, Prince Gwydion, Doli? Gurgi would probably would be CGI.

The only movie adaptation is the Disney movie that combined The Book of Three and The Black Cauldron. Anyway, state your opinion and ideas if Alexander's books were done in live action.
    "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
    " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
    Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with The Chronicles of Prydain but now I am curious. Could you possibly supply some more information or a link to the website?
    "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
    I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

I remember reading them in high school, but I can't really remember them clearly. But if the Narnia series goes over well someone would most liekly redo it. Disney still has the rights to it don't they?

Comment

Here's a link I found while double-checking character name spellings

http://www.enkwiri.com/prydain/

Yeah, Disney still has the rights. I learned that from the above website. The only thing they ever did was the animated merger of The Book of Three and The Black Cauldron.
        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

Working...
        X