PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicles of Prydain as a movie?

DragonGate
December 1st, 2005, 06:42 AM
With Lord of the Rings going to live action and now The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, a thought occurred to me.

How many people here on GW Forum know The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander? How well do you think the five books would work as movies? Who would you cast in the lead roles: Taran of Caer Dallben, Princess Eilonwy, Fflewddur, Prince Gwydion, Doli? Gurgi would probably would be CGI.

The only movie adaptation is the Disney movie that combined The Book of Three and The Black Cauldron. Anyway, state your opinion and ideas if Alexander's books were done in live action.

Aris Boch
December 2nd, 2005, 05:39 PM
I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with The Chronicles of Prydain but now I am curious. Could you possibly supply some more information or a link to the website?

Blue Banrigh
December 2nd, 2005, 05:45 PM
I remember reading them in high school, but I can't really remember them clearly. But if the Narnia series goes over well someone would most liekly redo it. Disney still has the rights to it don't they?

DragonGate
December 2nd, 2005, 06:19 PM
Here's a link I found while double-checking character name spellings

http://www.enkwiri.com/prydain/

Yeah, Disney still has the rights. I learned that from the above website. The only thing they ever did was the animated merger of The Book of Three and The Black Cauldron.