PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Season 6 Episode

GateGipsy
April 29th, 2004, 02:58 AM
What was your favourite Season 6 episode, and why?

Feli
April 29th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Abyss, without a doubt. It's still my all-time favorite SG-1 ep because the scenes between Jack and Daniel are the best I've ever seen on series television!

David
April 29th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Abyss, without a doubt. It's still my all-time favorite SG-1 ep because the scenes between Jack and Daniel are the best I've ever seen on series television!

As opposed to scenes between Jack and Daniel on other television series'?

;)

Feli
April 29th, 2004, 06:04 AM
As opposed to scenes between Jack and Daniel on other television series'?

;)
Ha Ha Ha! Very funny!

Shipperahoy
April 29th, 2004, 08:14 AM
It's hard for me to choose. I absolutely loved Abyss and Metamorphosis. Abyss because MS was back and we got some of that great Jack/Daniel banter that I missed terribly and I think that was one of the best acted Stargate episodes in the history of Stargate. I also loved Metamorphosis because I loved Nirti and it gave Jonas a storyline and I just loved the idea of the superbeings ever since it was introduced in Rite of Passage.

GateGipsy
April 29th, 2004, 08:53 AM
I'll get in on this before Shadow gets on the forum (hee hee). The problem for me with Metamorphosis is in watching it in retrospect. It sums up the attitude of the PTB to the character of Jonas. This episode clearly sets Jonas up as the best option for the Ancients download in Lost City, not Jack. But of course Jonas wasn't to hand by then.

Major Clanger
April 29th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Paradise Lost. The one that almost convinced me that there is ship...

*dodges things thrown by shippers*

and ... what can I say?

Jack and Harry stranded?

:D

David
April 30th, 2004, 04:47 PM

and ... what can I say?

Jack and Harry stranded?

Not the images I want in MY head, MC!! lol

ShadowMaat
April 30th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Curse you, Gipsy! *waves fist*

Yep, Metamorphosis was a great ep. Nirrti was great (tho I still prefer the darker eviler way I wrote her in my fic) and it was wonderful to see Jonas FINALLY get a good storyline of his own. Funny how it took bringing in Jaqueline Samuda and James Tichenor in order for that to happen. :p And the fact that TPTB have now completely DROPPED the whole plot of Jonas and his genetics is a source of endless aggravation for me. If they DO try and pick it up in S8 (which I doubt), it'll be too little too late. Putting a band-aid on a severed limb, so to speak.

Loved Prophecy just because it was a great chance for Corin to showcase his acting talents. It also made it painfully obvious just how badly TPTB underutilized him through almost the entire season. IMO. :p

Changeling is my favorite, though. I think it's one of the best eps of the entire series, nevermind season six! Excellent character development, good use of imagery and metaphor, moved the plot along and it was great fun, too!

keshou
April 30th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Abyss for me as well. :) It's one of my favorites of the entire series. I adored Jack in Abyss, I adored the fiery scenes between Jack and ascended Daniel and I think the acting from RDA and MS is some of their best work of the series. I also loved the visual effects in this episode, the gravity prison being one of the most memorable sets of the series. Baa'l also happens to be the only system lord worth his salt these days.

Runners up would be Unnatural Selection and Changeling.

Osiris
May 1st, 2004, 02:14 AM
Full Circle: Daniel & Skaraa are back. Sg-1 return to Abydos. Lot's of revelations. Impressive special effects... So so great!

Major Clanger
May 1st, 2004, 02:21 AM
Not the images I want in MY head, MC!! lol
David, were you aware that I am one of that rareified bunch? The Lady Writers of Slash?
heh heh heh

and one day, mark my words, I'll get round to Paradise Lost...

SeaBee
May 1st, 2004, 04:04 AM
I enjoyed "Nightwalkers" the best, don't know why.

Thor
May 1st, 2004, 04:20 AM
I really like Abyss, in my opinion it's the best episode in season6 :)

Major Clanger
May 1st, 2004, 04:27 AM
I enjoyed "Nightwalkers" the best, don't know why.
I loved Nightwalkers too

Madeleine
May 1st, 2004, 06:01 AM
Changeling, of course. Best Ep Ever. It's a rare Teal'c ep, it's a wonderfully acted and directed piece, and it's a good multilayered mystery that stands up to rewatching and rewatching, and seeing new layers of meaning even after dozens of viewings. And it has fireman uniforms. And that very arresting shot of all the dead and dying Jaffa lying so still and silent in the water. And Teal'c sans @. And Daniel looking cute. And Jonas in a frilly pinny.

Runner up - Abyss, for the Best Scene Ever, as Jack and Daniel argue Life And Death Etc.

Hon Mention - Unnatural Selection. Just for being really really good.

Slainte
May 1st, 2004, 06:13 AM
Jack and Harry stranded?

YES!!!
There were many great eps during S6, but "Paradise Lost" is the one I keep rewatching.

MC - you got Harry's avatar. <sob> I guess to the mods go the spoils.
Slainte
gg

Crazedwraith
May 1st, 2004, 06:48 AM
"The other guys" of course with my favourtie quotes:

Felger: "What would Colonel O'Neill do if he was here?
Coombs: "You want me to shoot you?"
O'Neill: Oh look! He's got COOMBS with him!
Coombs: We're dead, Felger, we might as well be wearing red shirts!

GateGipsy
May 1st, 2004, 07:50 AM
**wipes tears from eyes** Thanks for that Crazedwraith. Great to start the weekend with such a good laugh!

Major Clanger
May 1st, 2004, 07:56 AM
MC - you got Harry's avatar. <sob> I guess to the mods go the spoils.
That is:RHIP I'm afraid
;)

Apophis
May 1st, 2004, 07:57 AM
Abyss, no contest! Loved the Jack/Daniel scenes, loved Jack being tortured :D (i'm a saddistic mofo). Also, i loved the way Jack's cell moved from horizontal to vertigo if you follow me. Definatly in my top 5 episodes anyways.

xathras
May 1st, 2004, 10:19 AM
Changeling- loved the 'what the heck is going on' aspect, and the 'whoa!' moment when I finally got it. Some of the best writing of the season (and the series). Second place would go to Abyss.

Lord Loz
May 1st, 2004, 01:17 PM
The Changeling. It was just so different to anything else before it. Plus, the music was tres cool.

Nolamom
May 2nd, 2004, 01:03 AM
There were quite a few great episodes in season 6. My all-around favorite is probably Allegiance - although that is subject to change depending on my mood. Ya gotta love the dynamics of bringing together this totally suspicious bunch against a common foe.
Nola

Ruralstar
May 2nd, 2004, 04:05 AM
Abyss is my favorite Stargate episode ever. It has everything for me. RDA doing some of the best acting of his career (JMHO of course.) Jack and Daniel interaction, crisis (yes I like drama for our main character/s) Angst from the team and a really cool and interesting bad guy. Ba'al is definitely my favorite male system Lord. I also loved the sets. The soft tones of the gravity cell in contrast to the grate and the vicious nature of the torture chamber.

Close seconds and in no particular order: Paradise Lost, Allegiance, Redemption parts 1+2, Metamorphosis, Changeling, Unnatural Selection.

I really liked season six and the energy that Corin brought to the series.

angsty_otaku
May 2nd, 2004, 07:59 AM
hmmm favorite would have to be abyss...brillant acting...rda at his best...paradise lost...come on jack and harry...the incredible duo. followed by prometheus, allegiance, redemption 1 and 2 and of course full circle. :-)

Gateman
May 2nd, 2004, 08:05 AM
I liked Changeling cause I'm a huge teal'c/CJ fan and this was his finest hour. Also loved the great Daniel/Teal'c moments. CJ and MS can really play off each other. :D

OzGirl
May 2nd, 2004, 11:53 AM
Abyss is my favorite Stargate episode ever. It has everything for me. RDA doing some of the best acting of his career (JMHO of course.) Jack and Daniel interaction, crisis (yes I like drama for our main character/s) Angst from the team and a really cool and interesting bad guy. Ba'al is definitely my favorite male system Lord. I also loved the sets. The soft tones of the gravity cell in contrast to the grate and the vicious nature of the torture chamber.

ABYSS
Gadzooks! Ruralstar thinks like me sometimes, so much that it's scary!
Good acting, crisis, cool sets, D/J interaction...Jack being so vulnerable
yet trying to be honorable to protect the girl. Awww.

And Ba'al has always been my favorite system lord, with his debonair air,
yet such a malevolent smile in his voice.

Next favorites: Paradise Lost, then Unnatural Selection. And I guess I'm
one of very few who actually liked Descent. :o It's not often that we
get to see Wet Jack, let alone almost-drowning Jack.

--OzGirl

Geekyred
May 2nd, 2004, 06:47 PM

and ... what can I say?

Jack and Harry stranded?

So can one got out on a limb and guess that you have a Harry/Jack thing? :)
You don't mind if I shudder at the thought do you? :D

Geekyred
May 2nd, 2004, 06:50 PM
Abyss - no doubt. Gotta love the fantasy torture. Then paradise lost for just being so darn good and Allegiance for the slo-mo Jack with a huge gun scene.

Sparki101
May 2nd, 2004, 07:17 PM
I actually haven't seen Abyss yet. (Please no spitting at the newbie. For one thing, it's unhygenic....) ;)
The episodes I liked most was Redemption pt 1 and 2, Unnatural Selection and Full Circle.

bcmilco
May 2nd, 2004, 07:20 PM
I voted for Abyss, because ... well need I say more? :D

Although Allegiance was a very close 2nd, I just love the way it played out!

I really did enjoyed the vast majority of s6 :)

Sam_o_Neill
May 3rd, 2004, 04:36 AM
I voted Metamorphosis, mainly for one reason....SHIP! :D

Anubis
May 3rd, 2004, 08:12 AM
Got to be Full Circle. Great season finale

sidious618
May 3rd, 2004, 10:17 AM
Abyss was the best IMO. Great acting by Rick and Michael.

Spaceminx
May 3rd, 2004, 10:56 AM
'Changeling'. Its cool to see them in other uniforms and I just love all the layers of the story and reading between the lines of what Teal'c is dreaming about and how it all ties in with what's really happening.

jenniferhailey
May 3rd, 2004, 11:05 AM
Every. Single. Jonas. Episode. And. The. Sam. Ones. Too.

All except Abyss, I found the torture good but the talking kind of...yawnish. Still not bad though...

auralan
May 3rd, 2004, 11:46 AM
Paradise Lost. Why? One word: Harry.

Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
May 3rd, 2004, 12:47 PM
This one is quite tough because I really liked a lot of episodes in season 6. Metamorphosis, Paradise Lost, Nightwalkers, Frozen, The Changeling, Prophecy, Full circle. But I had to go with Abyss of course...the Jack/Daniel scenes were great!

~Tracey~

SallyK
May 3rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
This was an incredibly difficult one. But the question says my favourite episode so I went for Abyss. If it had asked for the best episode then I might have had to go for Changeling. :) Changeling is more of a team episode and is definitely the best Teal'c episode ever, but Abyss features the Jack and Daniel relationship that is the heart of the show and has been right from the beginning.

Still they are both outstanding episodes, some of the best in the show ever and head and shoulders above the rest of the season, which was generally pretty disappointing.

SallyK

Blue Jaffa's Girl
May 3rd, 2004, 02:36 PM
Abyss, no question... Intense, sweet and lots of Jack/Danny friendship... :D

:)

Webbgirl
May 3rd, 2004, 04:02 PM
Changeling is my favorite, though. I think it's one of the best eps of the entire series, nevermind season six! Excellent character development, good use of imagery and metaphor, moved the plot along and it was great fun, too!

Yup. Same reasons I voted for Changeling. It just blew me away. The writing, direction and everything else were amazing.

dove0709
May 4th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Absolutely has to be Abyss for me - I would rate the J/D scenes as my most favourite scenes of the whole series. The dialogue by BW, the direction by MW and the acting by RDA/MS was awesome.

Next favourite is Paradise Lost for the Jack/Harry dynamic which I love and other purely shallow reasons. ;)

Lys
May 5th, 2004, 04:30 AM
That's a hard one ! I loved everything in season 6 except Abyss. I find it rather disturbing and Daniel should know Jack better. Does he really think he'll accept ascension ?
So I ended with Prophecy. I think they're at their best and all working together allthough they're seperated. Something that's lacking in season 7.

D.C.
May 5th, 2004, 05:21 AM
I'd have to say Redemption, Part I and Redemption, Part II. It set the season up nicely by introducing Jonas Quinn into the team as well as it was an awesome episode in general. :)

MagnoliaAnaglypta
May 5th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Changeling. No contest. Soo-bloomin'-perb.

I can't put Abyss, much as I would like to because although I think the scenes between Jack and Daniel are some of the best that have ever been done in the entire history of the show, there was just too much else wrong with that story for me to give it unqualified approval.

For a start, it was where my problems with the whole ascended arc storyline started, and I started to see that my view of what ascension was was not the storyteller's view, and that there would be trouble further down the line, and I think I've been vindicated in that view by events in Full Circle. For me, Daniel acted totally out of character. Granted, if he hadn't, there would have been no story, because he would have found a way to get Jack out of there.... but maybe that would have been a better story in the end. Watching Daniel struggle with, not rules and regulations of some uber-glow club, but how much intervention was allowable from the point of view of someone who has acquired beyond-human perspectives and sees more clearly how actions can have consequences that can't always be predicted. There were so many avenues and possibilities to the ascension storyline that weren't explored, and they were mostly not explored because this episode locked the relationship between humans and ascended down so tight that there was no wiggle room afterward.

I also thought that although Baal was menacing, his line of questioning was pretty pointless. It seemed to me a rather poor script-excuse to get the Jack torture that was needed for the continuation of the story rather than a motivation internal to the plot which naturally carried the story forward.

So on balance, Changeling, which was a tightly scripted, well flowing story which made good use of all of the characters, and kept me guessing for longer than stargate scripts normally manage, has it for me.

GateGipsy
May 5th, 2004, 10:44 AM
I loved that aspect of Changeling - the part that kept you guessing. Which is real, the SGC or the fire brigadge scenario? Except that we assume the SGC is real because that's what we know - and then are assumptions are promptly trampled all over and ground into the dust. Good stuff.

Captain Amazing
May 6th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Abyss is my favourite because it's well directed and very well acted.

Simple really!

KorbenDirewolf
May 7th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Unnatural Selection.. Managing to create an newer more advanced Replicator threat and locking them off (at least for a while) in one show? Almost unbelievable...

Matt G
May 7th, 2004, 03:52 AM
It's between Descent, The Other Guys and Unnatural Selection - and that's as far as I can go.

Descent: The new SG1 gels smoothly

The Other Guys: Funniest ep for ages

Unnatural Selection: Very cool bad guys.

Cranbot
May 7th, 2004, 06:12 AM
It's hard to say....not because I love them all, but because I only really got into SG-1 during Season 6, so I've only seen most of them once....which brings me to why I'm posting at all:

Has anyone noticed that SciFi doesn't seem to be running any Season 6 re-runs? It's driving me nuts! I've seen just about every other one at least 3 times...

I know that a lot of people seem to have a problem with Jonas, but that shouldn't be cause for an entire season 6 blackout.

Anyone know what's up?

ReplicatorX
May 7th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Full Circle, very interesting episodes, some unexpected events (for me anyway) and Daniel Jackson in mystical hood :p

Allegiance was also a favourite.

bcmilco
May 7th, 2004, 09:42 AM
I know that a lot of people seem to have a problem with Jonas, but that shouldn't be cause for an entire season 6 blackout.

Anyone know what's up?

IIRC they are not allowed to play s6 while it is in 1st run syndication. So now that they're done on Fox I would guess that we'll be seeing Scifi re-playing those episodes.

SEREN LWCH (MAL)
May 7th, 2004, 10:15 AM

I voted CHANGELING. I loved the interaction between the charactors. Also I loved the story.CJ should write more storys on that level. It was great seeing CJ not being Teal'c for most of a ep. (even though I like Teal'c).

If I could vote twice I would have gone for ABYSS as well.

Madeleine
May 7th, 2004, 12:26 PM
If I could vote twice I would have gone for ABYSS as well.

Me too.

Or perhaps I'd vote for Changeling twice.

Sela
May 7th, 2004, 04:58 PM
I have 2 faves:

The Other Guys
Changeling

ABYDOSCITY2
May 7th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Abyss It shows the realtionship between Daniel and Jack so well. It also showed how close the team, and General Hammond are to each other. :cool:

Bagpuss
May 9th, 2004, 02:32 AM
My personal favourite was/is "Nightwalkers"

I loved most of Season 6,but I liked this episode the most, as it featured Sam in charge. I enjoyed the team banter and Teal'c/Jonas interaction.

OK,I suppose this episode can be viewed as an X-Files homage or rip-off,depending on one's POV,but sometimes it's nice to just sit back,relax, suspend cynicism and simply enjoy the fun! :D

Apepi
May 22nd, 2004, 05:36 AM
Favourite season 6 ep for me has to be DISCLOSURE, Thor is a hero,put Kinsey right in his place,hope we see the backlash for Kinsey after his last outburst in LOSTCITY,its a must they have to bring it up. :p

USS Thunderchild
May 22nd, 2004, 10:26 AM
Unnatural Selection for me. I thought it was pretty emotional one, considering they betrayed the trust of the poor guy. Tough call for O'neil, and I really love it when they get all moral on you in an episode.

Phil

Send Pete to Edora
May 22nd, 2004, 10:55 AM
Season 6 had great episodes! I loved Metamorphosis, The Changeling, Paradise Lost, Full Circle and more ...

but my favorite was Abyss! That episode is just amazing! I love the Jack/Daniel scenes. Shows their wonderful friendship! Besides it was so good to see Daniel back! And the whole Jack Angst was great! That episode was really stunning!

Steffi ~ A Shipper on Mission *weg*

SeaBee
May 27th, 2004, 12:45 PM
I never really got the appeal of Abyss, probably because I dislike the idea of torture for pleasure.

Sicarius
May 27th, 2004, 11:51 PM
I never really got the appeal of Abyss, probably because I dislike the idea of torture for pleasure.

Yeah, you gotta go to the bathroom or refill your drink during that stuff, heh.

My favorite was Paradise Lost. I like all the Jack/Harry eps because Jack actually comes off as intelligent in them. His humor works well with Maybourne, too; sometimes it's a bit forced in the team eps--sort of like he doesn't have anything important to add to the group meeting so he'll just crack a joke to remind us he's there. :rolleyes:

ShadowMaat
May 28th, 2004, 03:38 AM
I don't mind the torture, I find it kinda refreshing to have a bad guy who is abjectly evil. I just didn't find the ep particularly compelling and the things that everyone seemed to love most about the ep didn't do an awful lot for me. Except for the whole gravity thing, that was kinda nifty. ;) There were some interesting elements in the story, but they were subsumed by the Jack & Daniel Hour. Ah well. Maybe it was just another sign of things to come. ;)

Elwe Singollo
May 28th, 2004, 02:38 PM
The Jack/Daniel scenes... 'bits'... were pretty 'dramatic', i liked the episode.

Kliggins
May 29th, 2004, 04:21 AM
I hate this question as it is too hard to decide. :S Please don't throw things at me, but season six is one of my favorite seasons. My favorite is AbyssUnnatural Selection.

Abyss for all of the above-mentioned reasons; directing, writing, performances. Unnatural Selection for writing, directing, performances, and moral question. :)

Elwe Singollo
May 29th, 2004, 01:55 PM
I agree, {chants}, abyss... abyss...

USS Thunderchild
May 31st, 2004, 02:20 PM
I never really found Abyss all that great, but it was nice to see Daniel again. I mean, the rotating prison was a nice touch and all, but Ba'al has never really done it for me as a villain (he kinda looks like that guy from the Backstreet Boys). Though I'm all for violence, the constant stabbings and whatnot got a little boring. An all Jack episode was nice for once though.

Phil

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 02:33 PM
it was definitely nightwalkers for me. that episode made me love jonas so much, and it was funny...and the part with the ginger ale in the bar.

PRICELESS

DanielFan
June 17th, 2004, 09:44 AM
I voted for Full Circle. Why? Great action parts, Lots of Daniel (woo hoo!) And an awesome battle between ascended and partly ascended beings. All in all, one of the best season finales of Stargate SG-1.

MagnoliaAnaglypta
June 19th, 2004, 02:24 AM
I voted for Full Circle. Why? Great action parts, Lots of Daniel (woo hoo!) And an awesome battle between ascended and partly ascended beings. All in all, one of the best season finales of Stargate SG-1.
Excuse me? An awesome battle between ascended and partly ascended beings....? If only there HAD been. I'm afraid it takes a little bit more than two seconds of Daniel trying to throw a lightning bolt and *failing* to get me awestruck. And therein lies one of my (many) issues with this particular episode. No, for me, Full Circle tried for greatness and utterly failed.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 02:39 AM
I though it was a good episode, but the ascension business needs to be dealt with

Iskandra
June 19th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Hm... Abyss and Full Circle tied for best episode in my opinion... I voted for Abyss becuase I *had* to choose just one. All the good things about Abyss have already been mentioned, I think....I found the whole atmosphere in that episode just great...interesting....frightening...you get the point. Besides, Ba'al is my favourite System Lord ;)
And Full Circle was exactly what the name says: It brought quite a lot of things full circle, and I liked that, even though it meant saying good bye to Abydos.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Glad you like Full Circle. My favourite season six episode also. Good explosion scene and of course Daniel

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 10:10 AM
In Full Circle, i wanted a battle between Daniel and Anubis, instead of just Daniel being blown away, so i agree with some people say.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 10:14 AM
I would have liked so have seen what other powers Daniel could have used if he was allowed to do that and Anubis still defended it. Would have been interesting

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 10:17 AM
I don't think Daniel was even allowd to do a'lmost' anything he was doing in Full Circle, cause he wasn't even able to use his powers before getting blown away, so yah... If only Oma wasn't there!!!

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 10:21 AM
I really do think that would have been a good fight between the two of them. Explosions, energy and loads of weapons that are just used by hands. Kewl! :)

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Then Anubis's first prime would be just standing there, watching in awe haha...

Iskandra
June 19th, 2004, 10:26 AM
I've got to admit I would also have loved a good fight between Daniel and Anubis....but I don't want to know what the Ancients would've done if Daniel really had smacked poor old Anubis around a bit...the *do* have these stupid rules...;)

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 10:29 AM
I think their worst punishment is descending. It's not much. It can't be death, since you're already dead

And for He'rak, poor little Jeffa

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 10:31 AM
I've got to admit I would also have loved a good fight between Daniel and Anubis....but I don't want to know what the Ancients would've done if Daniel really had smacked poor old Anubis around a bit...the *do* have these stupid rules...;)Those pesky rules... :( Haha..

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 10:35 AM
I've made this point before, but I'll say it again. What else would there be to do when you are ascended. If they made it so you can't talk to anyone and it really is a violation then you'd be darn bored with nothing to do at all. To hell with those rules!

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Either there're very little bored people who are ascended, or alot of them can follow the rules.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Yes they'd be bored, I would but I guess over time you'd deal with it. But it would just annoy me to npt be able to stop anything from happening

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 10:47 AM
But i guess its like being a Nox, but at least the Nox can hide things from danger, even they are bad or good.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Correct, but there are a few Nox. Hiding is'nt always the answer, but good that they appeared for SG-1

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 10:51 AM
We only 'saw' a few Nox, that big ship could have been filled with them, and there could be many more ships hidden like that. But yah, its still too big of a mystery.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 10:52 AM
I'd like to meet more Nox, to see what else they are capable of

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Vanish... Haha... We didn't see any Nox in S6 did we? I don't think so..

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 10:58 AM
No, only in season one

Crazedwraith
June 19th, 2004, 11:02 AM
No, only in season one
And season 3 (Lya in pretense)

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Actually, Lya appeared in S3 Episode Pretense, she was there as a neutral party for the deciding vote if Skaara should be able to control his own body.

Crazedwraith
June 19th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Actually, Lya appeared in S3 Episode Pretense, she was there as a neutral party for the deciding vote if Skaara should be able to control his own body.
jinx

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Hahah, i didn't notice i repeated you :), when i clicked 'submit' your message was already there.

Anubis
June 19th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Oh yes, but only briefly. The episode wasn't focuses on the entire Nox race, but we still did see one

Elwe Singollo
June 19th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Lya is still of 'the nox', haha...

Anubis
June 20th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Incorrect, she is a Nox

Elwe Singollo
June 20th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Neither of us is incorrect really, when i said 'Lya is still of "the nox"', its just like saying, 'Bob is still of "the humans"'. Or in other words.

Bob is of the humans=Lya is of the nox

Anubis
June 20th, 2004, 12:50 AM
OK, I get our point

AgentX
July 5th, 2004, 04:22 PM
After going into this season with some trepidation I was pleasantly surprised when all was said and done. It was a good season with some stellar episodes. Abyss is my favourite, mainly due to the scenes with Jack and Daniel, that was some powerful television.

TheWarrior
July 9th, 2004, 02:18 AM
It seems not many people voted for Allegience, the reason I liked this episode was because it showed the early signs that the Tok'ra were not all that good allies and the fact Bra'tac was in the episode along with Raknor made it even better. The action scenes were done well - especially with O'Neill at the end just shooting in a full circle to try and hit the Ashrak.

One question - where was Ry'ac? I thought Bra'tac was looking after him and if not Bra'tac I thought Raknor would be.

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 06:51 AM
I agree, it was a good episode, but not good enough. I like the way how they dealt with the situation

Elwe Singollo
July 9th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Why do you say 'not good enough'? I thought it was a good episode, rivalry between the two races was just great, and there was actual mystery in who the killer was, unlike in the past...

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 07:21 AM
I meant it wasn't my favourite of the season, so it didn't get my vote

Elwe Singollo
July 9th, 2004, 07:23 AM
ic... Well i chose Abyss :) Haha..

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 07:30 AM
A decent episode. Some good acting

Elwe Singollo
July 9th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Some? I say 'a lot' :) Since it was a Jack/Daniel heavy episode, and they had most of the screentime, they were spectacular :), not because they were on screen longer, but they're acting was perfect throughtout the whole episode.

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Agreed. Execellent acting from the pair

AgentX
July 9th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Agreed. Execellent acting from the pair
Although Daniel's: 'Sorry even though I can help you get out of here, I can't.' Agitated me. I understand why he couldn't but I felt Jack's frustration.

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 08:01 AM
I agree. Jack must have been pretty mad with him then

AgentX
July 9th, 2004, 08:44 AM
I think Season 6 has the greatest disparity regarding quality of episodes. There are some real great ones, but some really poor ones.

Anubis
July 9th, 2004, 09:23 AM
I agree. There are some top quality eps but a couple of the worst appeared this season

lantesh_luster
July 16th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Well... it seems that Abyss is the favorite. I understand why it's a favorite, and that many just love the Jack/Daniel stuff, and I admit the conversations between the two were quite excellent, and I do miss that kind of interaction between them. Perhaps in season seven or eight.

But (you had to know that was coming), it's certainly not my favorite.

I'm apparently one of only two who voted for Descent. Why? Well, it's a totally cool episode. We get Jacob and Major Davis for a start. Not to mention Thor! Cool effects shots - the water in the transport rings is really neat. Underwater Death Gliders. A new team dynamic. Wet Jack. Wet Sam. A very upset Davis. An extremely happy Davis who wacks poor Jacob in the injured shoulder after hearing that Sam and Jack are okay. A mothership crashing into the ocean. Come on, peeps. This is a cool episode.

Jacquie.

Elwe Singollo
July 17th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Well... it seems that Abyss is the favorite. I understand why it's a favorite, and that many just love the Jack/Daniel stuff, and I admit the conversations between the two were quite excellent, and I do miss that kind of interaction between them. Perhaps in season seven or eight.

But (you had to know that was coming), it's certainly not my favorite.

I'm apparently one of only two who voted for Descent. Why? Well, it's a totally cool episode. We get Jacob and Major Davis for a start. Not to mention Thor! Cool effects shots - the water in the transport rings is really neat. Underwater Death Gliders. A new team dynamic. Wet Jack. Wet Sam. A very upset Davis. An extremely happy Davis who wacks poor Jacob in the injured shoulder after hearing that Sam and Jack are okay. A mothership crashing into the ocean. Come on, peeps. This is a cool episode.

Jacquie.I thought Descent was superb, but i'm one of the many people who voted for Abyss, because yah, i liked the 'Jack/Daniel stuff', haha... But your right, the water in the rings were neat, and wow, i liked how Jonas could keep his breath in for that period of time, impressive, haha...

MasterPower
August 4th, 2004, 10:37 AM
My favorite episode in season 6 is definately Abyss. It was great because you got to see Daniel come back. My other favorite episodes in season 6 were Allegience, Full Circle, and The Changling.

HaTak
August 30th, 2004, 09:25 AM
My favorite was Prophecy. I liked those dejavu and prophecy theories what carter explained...

Liv
August 30th, 2004, 10:09 AM
It's a tough call between Abyss and Full Circle. I'm just gonna go ahead and say both. They're very different by comparison and I just can't choose. Decisions, decisions... :)

Uncle Dick
September 23rd, 2004, 09:09 PM
The Changeling simultaneously rocked and rolled. Apophis rose from the dead once again (at least as far as his appearances in the series are concerned), we saw the return of that sexy Jaffa chick minus the not-so-sexy stomach pouch and, of course, Daniel Jackson graced Season 6 yet again in his greatest role yet.

shelsfc
September 24th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Abyss, without a doubt. A brilliant episode for both J&D and RDA & MS. I absolutely love Daniel/Jack stuff, so this is one of my all-time favourite SG1 eps.

And the fact that TPTB have now completely DROPPED the whole plot of Jonas and his genetics is a source of endless aggravation for me. If they DO try and pick it up in S8 (which I doubt), it'll be too little too late. Putting a band-aid on a severed limb, so to speak. I know this doesn't really have anything to do with the topic, but I just wanted to say that I really agree with you here ShadowMaat, they could have done so much with Jonas and for the life of me, I can't understand how they didn't go any further with his unusual genetics. It makes no sense, they had this perfect plot there that they could have used for the Asgard missing link and the Ancient repository but they went nowhere near it....
But I can rant about that somewhere else, sorry for going OT! :o

JackDaniels
February 9th, 2005, 11:46 AM
This was a toughie, though there's a common theme through all three - ABYSS, THE CHANGELING and FULL CIRCLE.

ABYSS was moving, touching and a great episode - not just for the daniel/jack stuff, but for the ultimate sentiment "We don't leave our people behind. It was lovely for Daniel to be there, and the differences between him and jack prevalent now more than ever. Daniel wants to help him ascend, Jack wants him to help him blow his way out. Plus that music still makes me wanna cry when I hear it.

FULL CIRCLE - it could win purely for the bit in the elevator. Its a good eppy, if not a little cop out when everyone on Abydos ascends, but hey, at least they kind of had a happy ending. There was plenty of action, a good lead up for season 7 and the lost city storyline and the episode before they brought Daniel back.

THE CHANGELING - This is the episode I ultimately voted for because its so different. I love the interchange between the different realities and the ultimate resolution to the story for Teal'c and Bra'tac. Of course Daniel was back and watching over his dear friend, which just made it all the more touching and gave a good nod to Abyss.

Celsius
March 15th, 2005, 01:11 AM
I think Prophecy, I really loved Corin's acting in it and I thought it would open up a whole bunch of new stories for him. Shame it didn't really work out like that :(

I also loved The Changeling though, it's my "other" favourite of season 6 :)

emily_reich
March 15th, 2005, 01:35 AM
cripes! that's a hard poll!!

it was between descent, abyss, the changeling, prophecy, and full circle...

i chose abyss :) not only cuz it has baal either :p

it's really a moving episode, they brough daniel back in a GOOD way (instead of something really cheesy) and made it meaningful, i actually liked jack non-funny, the costumes were awesome... AND it had baal in it :D :D

the changeling and prophecy tied for a close second :)

iLemon
March 15th, 2005, 02:00 AM
Abyss deffinately. Loved the scenes between Jack and Danny. Also the Jack-torture; he played that really well.

Lord Osiris
March 15th, 2005, 02:02 AM
i Really liked Full Cirlce with finally Anubis demonstrating his combined Goa'uld/Ancient powers

yasureubetcha
March 15th, 2005, 02:42 AM
I'm sure no one would ever have guessed that I put Unnatural Selection :D. My reasons follow: the moral dilemma, the new dimension added to the Replicators, and best of all, (New Order spoiler) the introduction of a villain who isn't inherently evil.

NightGloom
March 15th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Full Circle... probably. Although I also love The Changeling and Abyss... and The Other Guys was funny, but not my favorite. I loved Paradise Lost too... gaa! I don't know

Petra
March 15th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Abyss deffinately. Loved the scenes between Jack and Danny. Also the Jack-torture; he played that really well.

I absolutely agree.Abyss is my fav of 6 season, and who knows, maybe even the whole series... ;) This ep is just so poignant...I love insight into Jack's character.the plot and execution is excellent. The music is great.And Baal. :D It's one of the best ep TPTB ever done.
Having said that I loved whole s6 and there are a lot of ep. I liked.The list however would start like this: :D
1.Abyss
2.Paradise Lost
3.Unnatural selection
4.Descent
5.Full circle/Metamorphosis :)

Magnus
March 15th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Abyss, a great episode, one of the best in the entire series.

blueiris
March 15th, 2005, 06:56 AM
I voted for Descent, but it really ties with Abyss, Paradise Lost and Unnatural Selection. I loved season 6 but those 4 were my favorites.

I would love to have seen the story line in Unnatural Selection continued, but alas, Nirti and Jonas are both gone.

yasureubetcha
March 15th, 2005, 07:21 AM
I would love to have seen the story line in Unnatural Selection continued, but alas, Nirti and Jonas are both gone.

Nirti? I think you're thinking of the wrong episode.

iLemon
March 15th, 2005, 07:44 AM
LOL! Smifth!! I like that!

yasureubetcha
March 15th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks!

Kevin
March 15th, 2005, 02:37 PM
I'm gonna go with the F's....Frozen and Full Circle

Full Circle because so much happened, from the pyramid blowing up, to finding the tablet talking about Atlantis, etc etc

Frozen because it introduced my second favourite character ever on Stargate. Hopefully we'll get to see her again one day

Out...

Anubis345
March 24th, 2005, 12:15 PM
the best is redemption beacuse this is when Jonas Quinn joins the team

UnderT
March 25th, 2005, 07:57 AM
I went with Full Circle. Tough call though it seems like there weren't any standout eps in this season.

Hemu
March 26th, 2005, 01:28 AM
My favourite episode was Forsaken but I also liked Abyss and The Other Guys (Felger rocks! :p )

LouisaB
March 26th, 2005, 04:28 AM
Full Circle was my favourite. I love the episodes set on Abydos and am only sorry that there won't be any more. I also enjoyed seeing how Skaara was moving on with his life after returning to his people. And the effects were outstanding. I don't usually like bittersweet endings but even so this one is still my favourite episode of this series.

Mirnell
April 5th, 2005, 01:58 PM
This was a toss up between Full Circle and Abyss, because I loved both of them. I love seeing Abydos, and especially love seeing Daniel dressed in "desert robes," but Abyss won out due to the beautiful acting of MS and RDA. Its unbelievably difficult to put two people in a room with no props and have the result be as intense and dramatic as Abyss ended up. Oh, and it didn't hurt to see Daniel again anway.

Mirnell

SmartFox
April 12th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I picked Full Circle because of being able to Danniel again and Skaraa and the rest of the Abydonians. Also we get to see Anubis get his ass kicked. On top of all that it starts out on a very cool arc.

Dahar Master Thor
April 12th, 2005, 10:48 AM
The Other Guys — very funny.

ARMS
April 17th, 2005, 08:05 PM
'Frozen', i was fascinated by Ayianna, and the fact she was a living Ancient.

Jeff O'Connor
April 18th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Abyss. This could have been a five-parter and I'd eat up every added minute of it. Damn... it was sweet.

Qasim
August 31st, 2005, 07:32 AM
Full Circle

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 31st, 2005, 10:18 AM
Full Circle, It's a very exciting episode with some sweet Visual effects.

thor_
September 4th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Full Circle - Danny is back :)

Sue_Jackson
February 19th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Easy. Abyss! :D

Love the scenes with Daniel and Jack. The best acting ever from both Michael Shanks and Richard Dean Anderson. I watch those scenes again and again and again. Just so powerful.

majorsal
February 19th, 2009, 09:01 PM
i voted 'metamorphosis'.

if i could have done multiple eps, they would have been:

nightwalkers
prometheus
unnatural selection
paradise lost
prophecy

though i liked a bunch of others too. (not 'abyss', because it was too disturbing)

Madwelshboy
February 20th, 2009, 11:22 AM
i wnt for Frozen tho i enjoyed quite a few episode this season

Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper
February 20th, 2009, 11:25 AM
"Full Circle" gets my nod. "Frozen" gets honorable mention along with "Abyss", and "The Changeling".

Replicator Todd
February 24th, 2009, 03:52 PM
The Other Guy's...

nx01a
February 24th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Memento. LOVE the space action in the beginning, then the 'Daniel uses books to save the day' in the end. :P
Close second is Abyss, but I don't rewatch it too often. Watching Jack die over and over again is really depressing.

Descent
February 24th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Full Circle. One of the best Stargate episodes ever. Amazing stuff. :o

Oh and Abyss! Also amazing.

Ulkesh47
February 24th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I picked "Full Circle".

Butlersgate
February 27th, 2009, 12:34 AM
abyss easily

g.o.d
February 27th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Full Circle

Darth Cookie
February 27th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Abyss, It was so awesome to see Daniel being all epic :D just some awesome stuff in that episode! The Other Guys was also pretty good, but Abyss just really stands out to me.

Xcully
March 4th, 2009, 01:07 AM
A think Full circle is a great episode!

Teal'c_PI
March 7th, 2009, 06:30 PM
It was extremely hard to choose this! I love Descent, partly because Paul Davis finally gets a chance to do something and partly because the episode itself is just wonderful; I love Abyss because Baal is my favorite Goa'uld; I love Disclosure because it's a very well-put-together clip show; I love Memento because...well, I don't know why.

But the episode I finally picked is The Other Guys. With the hilarious comedy of the doctors--i.e., "How can you not worship at the Altar of Roddenberry?" "I believe the Canucks of Vancouver to be superior warriors." Even the other scenes without verbal puns--i.e., when Felger and Coombs masquerade as Jaffa, and when Felger mistakenly blasts his voice over the communications system--are absolutely spectacular. This episode is one of the only ones that made me laugh like crazy, and it's one of my all-time favorites!

Alder
March 17th, 2009, 03:21 PM
It was extremely hard to choose this! I love Descent, partly because Paul Davis finally gets a chance to do something and partly because the episode itself is just wonderful; I love Abyss because Baal is my favorite Goa'uld; I love Disclosure because it's a very well-put-together clip show; I love Memento because...well, I don't know why.

But the episode I finally picked is The Other Guys. With the hilarious comedy of the doctors--i.e., "How can you not worship at the Altar of Roddenberry?" "I believe the Canucks of Vancouver to be superior warriors." Even the other scenes without verbal puns--i.e., when Felger and Coombs masquerade as Jaffa, and when Felger mistakenly blasts his voice over the communications system--are absolutely spectacular. This episode is one of the only ones that made me laugh like crazy, and it's one of my all-time favorites!
Heyyyyyyyyy! Me too! Lots of good ones to choose from, but The Other Guys cracks me up.

Felgar as Jaffa: "I think it is something that he ate..."

pinielf
March 19th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Redemption, Part 1 & Part 2

Pharaoh Atem
March 19th, 2009, 06:44 AM
The Changeling

enough said

Khentkawes
March 19th, 2009, 05:05 PM
huh, it looks like I voted but never bothered to post my reasons.

I voted for Abyss. Fabulous acting, fabulous writing. Creepy, but complex, and it really dives into some deep character issues. Best of all, the ending is perfect. Some episodes leave me feeling like it needs just a little more, maybe just a quick scene on the end to add the perfect resolution. But Abyss already has that perfect resolution IMO. It couldn't be better.

Second place is The Changeling... for almost the exact same reasons. The writing for this one is so complex and I love the way the scenes are woven together.

fyere
March 19th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Abyss had some outstanding J/D scenes interspersed with a lackluster secondary plot. If it had had more setup - more background for what went on with Jack and the Tok'ra and everything after they carried him off to be 'healed' - and had taken place entirely in Jack's cell (minus the opening and escape/ending), without cutting back to the SGC so often, I would have liked it even more. Tough call, but I picked The Changeling, which I felt was a more solid and consistently interesting ep overall, and a great ep for Teal'c/CJ.

Khentkawes
March 19th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Ah... you rained on my Abyss-loving-parade. ;) Oh well, you picked Changeling, so I forgive you. :)

I actually liked the lack of background regarding whatever went on with Jack and the Tok'ra because it made the episode feel a bit more surreal (I also enjoy a few unanswered questions in some episodes, because it gives me something to think about after I've finished watching it). Although, I do think it could have been interesting if they had handled the SGC scenes differently, as you suggest. The SGC scenes do pale slightly compared to the wonderful Jack and Daniel scenes.

fyere
March 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I actually liked the lack of background regarding whatever went on with Jack and the Tok'ra because it made the episode feel a bit more surreal (I also enjoy a few unanswered questions in some episodes, because it gives me something to think about after I've finished watching it). Although, I do think it could have been interesting if they had handled the SGC scenes differently, as you suggest. The SGC scenes do pale slightly compared to the wonderful Jack and Daniel scenes.

Good point. Having all that happen all of a sudden does make you kind of go 'wtf if going on??'. In a good way. :D

Imagine if they'd set it entirely in that room, like a play with one long act. That would have been a real test of their acting chops, and I imagine we would have still been riveted the entire time. I'm sure Jack and Daniel have no lack of things to talk about and snark to spew. :D

Khentkawes
March 19th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Imagine if they'd set it entirely in that room, like a play with one long act. That would have been a real test of their acting chops, and I imagine we would have still been riveted the entire time. I'm sure Jack and Daniel have no lack of things to talk about and snark to spew. :D

I never would have thought about that, but you're right... that would have been very interesting. Could have been very well done. In the little behind-the-scenes thing on the DVD, MS makes a joke about how they locked him in a little room with no props and told him to act... but considering how well both MS and RDA did with those circumstances, I have complete confidence that they would have been able to pull off the entire episode. They could have done some flashback things if necessary, as Jack explains to Daniel what little he remembers.

hmmm... now you've got me thinking. ;) just because I love the episode, doesn't mean I can't acknowledge there would have been other wonderful ways for it to play out. :)

the fifth man
March 19th, 2009, 06:55 PM
I chose "Descent". Most of the time, I see myself enjoying some of the other episodes better. However, when I really think about it, I have watched "Descent" more times than any other Season 6 episode.

Amaunet
March 29th, 2009, 02:28 AM
The Changeling...it's about one of the only Teal'c episodes that I like. I just love how it's so different to the standard SG1 ep.

NormaN
April 1st, 2009, 02:37 PM
I loved "The Other Guys" I thought it was one of the funniest episodes in Season 6. Also Teal'c said the Canucks would win the Stanley Cup, which is my favorite hockey team. =P

The Stig
April 1st, 2009, 11:49 PM
Abyss has to be trhe best episode as you get a real insoght into Jack. Really good acting from RDA and Shanksy.

Ulkesh47
April 5th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I previously posted that my pick is "Full Circle", but I honestly can't decide between that, "Allegiance", and "Abyss".

Pitry
April 7th, 2009, 09:36 AM
A bit of a no brainer, this one. Changeling is my all time Stargate favourite episode, so...

However they did have wonderful episodes in this one: Redemption, Abyss, Paradise Lost, Smoke & Mirrors, Alliegance, and yes: Sight Unseen!

SG-Gato
April 10th, 2009, 09:26 PM
My favorite episode of seaon 6 is "Abyss",
You have :daniel: Daniel's small comeback &
we get to see into :jack: O'Neill's true character.

The Mastage Kidd
April 12th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I had to go with changeling. Season six is really solid so it's hard to choose. But Changeling was the best peek we ever get into Teal'c's head. Having his girlfriend from crossroads as his wife was a nice continuity nod (even though crossroads is my least favorite episode of the series), and Jonas as the probie.

I miss Jonas...

Milea
April 17th, 2009, 03:27 AM
I have 3 faves(top 3):
1.Descent
2.Prophecy
3.Paradise Lost
these r all great episodes i cant choose lol

The Stig
April 17th, 2009, 12:52 PM
It has to be Abyss. The acting in this episode was absolutely phenominal.

Killdeer
April 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Abyss. Absolutely no contest. :)

AtlantisRules!!!
April 17th, 2009, 04:41 PM
The Changeling. Chris' acting is awesome. :D

Ulkesh47
May 11th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I previously posted that my pick is "Full Circle", but I honestly can't decide between that, "Allegiance", and "Abyss".
Forget everything I said before. My favorite is "Paradise Lost"!