This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with US SGA Box set

I am sorry if this was possibly dicussed in another thread, but I did not see it. I have experienced a problem with disk #5 on the SGA season 1 box set in the US. I bought my initial set from amazon, and when I went to watch "Seige, part 1" at the scene between Halling and Weir, the disc started to skip pretty badly. I tried it on two DVD players and two laptops, all did the same. So I went to Wal Mart and bought ANOTHER set and called Amazon and asked for a refund (I couldnt wait for the replacement set..lol) but now THIS set does the same thing.

Has anyone else run into this problem in the US? If you havent noticed it, could you please look and see if your set does it as well? If not, could you tell me where you bought it at, so that I may go buy, yet ANOTHER set at that store.

I would appreicate ANY help. I am very frustrated and approaching the pissed off mark. I just want a GOOD set of SGA.
    Last edited by Skyler; 28 November 2005, 09:25 AM.

Sig by Dorka.Thanks!

*~'.:GTA 199:.'~*

I've watched the entire disk 5 on my PS2, my laptop, and a little Polaroid portable DVD player, haven't had any problems at all. I got mine from Amazon. Maybe you just got unlucky and got 2 bad disks in a row. I had the same thing happen with Knight Rider season 2 twice in a row. My third copy was finally good. Here's an idea...this is what I did when I got a bad copy of season 7 of SG-1 disk 5. I exchanged the set at Wal-Mart where I got it, but they let me only swap disk 5 (since I knew the other 4 were good). Maybe try that...it minimizes the chances of getting a set with disk 1-4 bad.
    Last edited by Akai; 28 November 2005, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I've had the same problem with my SG-1 Season 4 Volume 5 DVD, when I played Exodus, the thing froze (during the scene where Jack, Sam, Daniel, and Jacob are discussing their plans to blow up Vorash) on everything except on my computer (although I think it doesn't work anymore on my computer, since I tried to clean it too much). I plan to buy the single volume on Amazon, since I don't want to waste the money on buying the whole (Season 4) collection again for just one volume. I also had that problem (freezing on anything except on my computer) while watching Serpent's Song, it freezes up. Thank god they sell the Season 2 DVD in a Box Set and in individual Volumes.
      sigpic

Comment

Before you people get into too much of a panic here, has anyone remembered to give their DVD players a real good cleaning? I found out that by giving my DVD player a good cleaning, almost all disc related problems have gone away. (I say almost, because if you per chance scratched or damaged the actual disc itself, no amount of DVD-player cleaning can help you now. But a disc repair kit might). Give your players a good cleaning, then check your discs for any dirt, smudges, finger prints or scratches. Clean your discs if you need to. then try again. If you are still experiencing problems, try the disc in another DVD player. If the problem goes away, great. You know it isn't the disc. Again, the DVD player may need a cleaning. If the problem persists, the problem could be the disc. Try and save the hassle of contacting Sony/Mgm with another possible screw-up until you absolutely have to. They have their hands full fixing the two latest Stargate DVD disasters. They don't need another one.

Comment

Technowraith is right on the money with the tips given. Even the slight smudge can result in bad reads by the laser. If there's a scratch, it can be repaired by a CD/DVD repair kit, which costs about $10 or less.

Trying the DVD on another player is the best sure way to determine where the problem is.

G' luck
          Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

Whenever I've had DVD problems in the past, I always made sure to test the disk in at least two different DVD players before I assumed the disk was the problem. In my case I have 4...my PS2, computer, laptop, and portable DVD player. I tried the bad Knight Rider and SG-1 disks I got in all of those players, and they all skipped/froze at the exact same points. The disks looked flawless, didn't see any scratches...I cleaned them to be sure but still had the same problems. That's how I knew it was bad disks and not my players. In each case, exchanging the disks fixed it. With Knight Rider season 2, in the first set the 2nd disk was bad, in the second set the 3rd disk was bad. SG-1 season 7 only had a bad disk 5 (Lost City and the bonus materials would not play on any player)...so I just exchanged that disk since I got the set locally.

Comment

Working...
            X