This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Vancouver like?

this is really an off off topic, but I´m quite interested in knowing the weather in late July in Vancouver. Bacause of Stargate, I decided to spend my one-week vacation in Vancouver and I would love to have some feedback . Thanxs.

ana
    " I was never their age"

Warmish 70's...probably rain occasionaly, or not at all, depending on how lucky you are.
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

oh, it's lovely. mountains, some rain (depending). very purdy. go there!

i wish i lived there... i love BC.... *sigh*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

You're probably safe to plan on very warm. I know the Seattle area has been kind of hot and muggy this year. Don't let overcast skies fool you - you still need sunscreen! I would say hi 70's with overnight lows at about 60. But do yourself a favor and check the weather channel before you leave - we're known to get rain in July . . .

Have Fun!

-tera'ngan
        nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Comment

Very beautiful place. Alot to do and see. We're in the midst of a heatwave at the moment. It's getting in the 30's which is the high 80's, low 90's for you guys down south. In some parts with humidity it's almost 40 celsius.

Comment

Originally posted by ana
            this is really an off off topic, but I´m quite interested in knowing the weather in late July in Vancouver. Bacause of Stargate, I decided to spend my one-week vacation in Vancouver and I would love to have some feedback . Thanxs.

ana
            Here's a link for you to a 24 hour webcam that's updated every few minutes.

http://www.katkam.ca/

Comment

Vancouver is the greatest city on Earth.

'nuff said.

Comment

I agree^^, though I haven't been there before. But in March I will visit this city and the con there ...and I even plan to move to Vancouver when I finished studying.

Comment

Vancouver is a wonderful city. The scenery is just breathtaking and the people are wonderful. I visited in 2003 and look what happened, I fell in love with the place and moved here from the UK, becoming a happy permanant resident in Oct 2005. Haven't been to the Con yet(the cost!) as much as I want to. I might manage 2007 if my bank balance allows!

So Addie. When you come in March, Vancouver will get you too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                    Vancouver is a wonderful city. The scenery is just breathtaking and the people are wonderful. I visited in 2003 and look what happened, I fell in love with the place and moved here from the UK, becoming a happy permanant resident in Oct 2005. Haven't been to the Con yet(the cost!) as much as I want to. I might manage 2007 if my bank balance allows!

So Addie. When you come in March, Vancouver will get you too!!!!
                    I've been there 4 times already. It's one of great cities of the world, with great resaurants, terrific shopping and people that are truly nice and great public transportation. Who could have ask for more? It is a tad pricey, but it's the fastest growing city in N. America!
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Vancouver is great been there once three years ago was not for stargate was for my love for orca's seen them finnaly in the wild and for th efirst time vere there had a great time and it's really a town where I wanna live felt very at home there , if you go to vancouver also see if you have time to do a whale watch cos that is amazing

Comment

I don't understand what the big deal is about Vancouver. When I ask people they just tell me vague answers. So what is so special about it?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                          I don't understand what the big deal is about Vancouver. When I ask people they just tell me vague answers. So what is so special about it?
                          Guess I wasn't specific enough (see below)......how many large cities can boast of skiing after only a drive of about 20 minutes? How many cities not only have the gorgeous backdrop of mountains, but a fantastic waterfront and rivers? How many cities have truly GREAT ski resorts within a hour? Guess I'm just predjudiced, but I think it's a world class city and I love it. Are there other beautiful cities? Yes....I just happen to love Vancouver. Did I mention how nice the people were?
                          On fighting:
                          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida View Post
                            Guess I wasn't specific enough (see below)......how many large cities can boast of skiing after only a drive of about 20 minutes? How many cities not only have the gorgeous backdrop of mountains, but a fantastic waterfront and rivers? How many cities have truly GREAT ski resorts within a hour? Guess I'm just predjudiced, but I think it's a world class city and I love it. Are there other beautiful cities? Yes....I just happen to love Vancouver. Did I mention how nice the people were?
                            Mmmmm I'm not into skiing and nothing described really attracts me, but that's just my opinion.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                              Mmmmm I'm not into skiing and nothing described really attracts me, but that's just my opinion.
                              Well, one walk along the Stanley Park seawall would soon change your mind.

Vancouver is gorgeous, I'm lucky enough to live just across the water on Vancouver Island and wouldn't dream of living anywhere but B.C.

The views are spectacular, for anyone who's into outdoor sports, this is the place to be (surfing, skiing, hiking, etc.- I don't do any of that stuff though, aside from occasional hiking), not to mention B.C. is the location of hundreds of alien planets.....if you come here, perhaps you'll run into a stray jaffa?

And yes we're part of Canada, but no, we're not the land of ice and snow part of Canada. And yes, there are actually morons out there who think that we build igloos.

Comment

Working...
                              X