Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2 Disappointing?

So far I have found season 2 to be very disappointing

Season 1 was very high quality but Season 2 has been average especially episode 2

What do you think?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Maybe it's just me Qasim, but I love season II so far. It may be due in part that I like the advancement of the story now, so that might make it skewed. I have to wait till they are done with season II before I say. I loved watching season I on disk all over again and then watching the very cool special features disk afterward!.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I just dont find myself as captivated as I was in the first season
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim

I hear you, I was'nt captivated with it till about episode 10 or 11. I found the flashbacks annoying and hard to watch at first. But once I started liking and rooting for individual characters I fell in love with the show. Season II still has 18 or 19 episodes left. Something wild is building up this season so far. The stroy can go in more than few directions right now.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
          The story can go in more than few directions right now.
          Indeed - I hope something big happens this week
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Same here.

I mean I still enjoy the show. It’s one of my favorites and is one of a handful of shows I watch regularly, but I’m just not as enthralled with this season as I was last season. Guess the shiny has kind of diminished. But we’re only, what, 3 episodes into S2…..
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Well in season one they didn't explain anything so it made it mysterious and had you thinking a lot after the show. Now when they explain stuff it just seems kind of lame. All that build up for this what a rip! Well thats what I think. They are doing the same thing in The 4400 as well.
              "They dyed me this colour!"
              Ossie Davis
              Bubba Ho-tep

Comment

Keep in mind the amount of time that has passed as well. The first 2-3 episodes took places in around a 24 hour period tops. I think a lot of people are jumping on this season and saying it's dissapointing, when it's barely begun.
                "For now, you are in need of food and rest, and I am in need of armor"

Comment

I have liked season 2 so far. Theres only been 4 episodes. I dont think we can judge it at this point in the season.

Comment

I'm into season 2 so far. Going into the hatch gave some answers, but created a slew more. I'm enjoying the ride.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsDan
                      Keep in mind the amount of time that has passed as well. The first 2-3 episodes took places in around a 24 hour period tops. I think a lot of people are jumping on this season and saying it's dissapointing, when it's barely begun.

The show had to slow down for the first few episodes because so much is happening to so many different groups on the island. Alot of people don't like it, saying it's a rehash, but I think if they had tried to tell the whole story in one episode it would have just been a big mess!
                      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

I'm loving every minute of it - I like how they have changed the format a little at the start of this season. The intertwining story arc is pretty cool - though they could cut down on the re-used footage from previous eps (though I guess this is a money saving scheme so they can have some big budget eps later in the season).

Personally I'm still hooked.

Comment

I didn't watch any Season 1 episodes, so I can't tell ya.

However, I heard on Best Week Ever, that Season 2 is worse than Season 1.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nyarlathotep
                            though they could cut down on the re-used footage from previous eps
                            There is actually not much re-use of footage (and certainly nothing along the lines of a Stargate clips show). The second episode seemed like it had a lot of rehashing because it occurred (for the most part) at the same time as the first episode... but from a different perspective and focusing on different characters. The re-use of footage was used more so to make sure the audience could align those two episodes well. Keep in mind they were intended to be a broadcast back-to-back (hence the second episode wasn't as eventful), but ABC changed their minds.

The third episode just had a little re-use at the beginning to remind you of where you took off last week.

There might have been a little re-use in the fourth episode when Hurley won the lottery. But I'm willing to bet they had refilmed that (because of his mother's scene that we didn't see before).

--------------------------------

The second season has revealed so far:
                            Spoiler:
                            what the hatch contains and is, more about the nature of the island (Dharma Initiative experiment), introduce a lot of new characters, follow the survivors of the raft on presumably the other side of the island, find Rose's husband, touch base (on some level) with Walt, and so much more.

I like that the pace of the show has changed from hide everything, to show them a lot... but keep them confused.

But I am disappointed that we haven't seen much of the supporting characters and Rossue is not around.

Comment

I thought last week's ep "Everybody Hate Hugo" was a little slow. It seemed more like a filler episode, but it did move the plot along. Other than that though it's been just as intense and interesting as before imo.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X