Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BattleStar Galactica's Earth (Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BattleStar Galactica's Earth (Possible Spoilers)

Hey People,
    What I've been wondering is when the Galactica crew reach Earth, what will it be like, will it be in ruins, will it have the power to defeat the cylons, will it have a primitive race on it or what, *possible spoiler*, because if i recall correctly, i read on a website once that the crew if the Galactica reached earth but it was based in the 70's or 80's, will it be the same here, because they had episodes on Earth and then it lead to THE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA MOVIE. Not that i have seen any original episodes or the movie, what do you think.

Post Away
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Originally posted by Locutus_Of_Borg
    Hey People,
    What I've been wondering is when the Galactica crew reach Earth, what will it be like, will it be in ruins, will it have the power to defeat the cylons, will it have a primitive race on it or what, *possible spoiler*, because if i recall correctly, i read on a website once that the crew if the Galactica reached earth but it was based in the 70's or 80's, will it be the same here, because they had episodes on Earth and then it lead to THE BATTLESTAR GALACTICA MOVIE. Not that i have seen any original episodes or the movie, what do you think.

Post Away

Jesus dude... *bRaIn ExPlOdEs*

As far as I know, The Battlestar Galactica movie came before the series. As far as finding Earth, and what will be there when they do. That's anyone's guess at the moment. Could be the past, could be the future, could be the present! I doubt even the writers know at the moment.

Comment

When they get to Earth, Prometheus and SG1 will help them defeat the cylons.

Seriously, I can't even imagine what the BSG Earth would be like. IMO every scenario that's possible won't work out. If Earth is really advanced then we'll finish off the Cylons with no problem, at which point the series would end. If Earth is at present level of tech, then we're screwed because the Cylons in the fleet would most certainly give away our position and we'd get nuked. If we're primitive or in ruins then it's completely useless and the RTF will be right back where they started.

Also, I did some thinking on this, and let's say they do find Earth at about our present level of tech. As stated above we run into the same problem as G1980 did - if they come here the Cylons will kill us. Even if they not only found Earth but also managed to get themselves here without luring the Cylons to us, their civilization is still ended. It's not like we can sit aside a big chunk of Earth (other than Antarctica) and say "here this is for you guys to start 12 new colonies", and we definitely don't have 12 extra planets lying around. Even if we could find a place to put them separate, how could we have a system of government of 13 representatives when 12 represent 50,000 people and the 13th represents 6,000,000,000? No matter how you look at it if they came to Earth (with present day tech) they would end up being assimilated into our culture. The only solution would be for Earth to be used for re-supply and re-arming so they can turn around and kick some Cylon butt. They have to make a stand and take back the 12 Colonies or their culture will be destroyed.

No matter what it looks like they will have to duke it out with the Cylons. Like I said, the only way that won't happen (without introducing aliens) would be Earth having futuristic tech, and if the Cylons are defeated then the show is pretty much done.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
        When they get to Earth, Prometheus and SG1 will help them defeat the cylons.

Seriously, I can't even imagine what the BSG Earth would be like. IMO every scenario that's possible won't work out. If Earth is really advanced then we'll finish off the Cylons with no problem, at which point the series would end. If Earth is at present level of tech, then we're screwed because the Cylons in the fleet would most certainly give away our position and we'd get nuked. If we're primitive or in ruins then it's completely useless and the RTF will be right back where they started.
        Maybe it's in ruins or abandoned, but the people who left it also left something (technology, knowledge, etc.) that would be the key to defeating the Cylons.

Comment

They have no hope of defeating the massive Cylon Army by force as it stands. They would need either a ton of reinforcements or for the Cylons to have some secret weakness (which is a little old.) Their other options are to lose the Cylons so good that they're never found again, or to come to a diplomatic arrangement: "Stop chasing us, and when we get to Earth we won't come back to get you."

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas
            They have no hope of defeating the massive Cylon Army by force as it stands. They would need either a ton of reinforcements or for the Cylons to have some secret weakness (which is a little old.) Their other options are to lose the Cylons so good that they're never found again, or to come to a diplomatic arrangement: "Stop chasing us, and when we get to Earth we won't come back to get you."
            Or they interbreed each other out of existence, into a new race, and settle on earth.

I too, would be disappointed if the Cylons had an achilles heel, a la war of the worlds, we've already seen a shadow of that in the Boomer virus.

Comment

I agree. The story, if it ends, will not end with Cylon defeat. Unless God deems it so. That's what's going to happen. God will say, man and cylon must live in peace, on earth, and procreate.

Comment

"Or they interbreed each other out of existence, into a new race, and settle on Earth."
                That could work.

Comment

As many of the recent episodes have "humanized" the Cylons (including a possible Cylon "point of view" future episode), I think Ron Moore is trying to make the Human (Good) vs. Cylon (Evil) theme much more ambiguous. Perhaps in the end, instead of simply one side defeating the other, they come to an understanding, a way to coexist with one another. I think that would be much more credible ending than the humans finding some kind of miraculous Achilles Heel solution.

Comment

Cylons went to Earth already... i mean, whered they get the idea of monotheism from? Jehovas wintesses knock on their door or something?

Comment

no no no you guys got it all wrong the asguard, Prometheus, SG-1, Sheppards team, deadulas and atlantis pplz come to save them and kick some cylon butts and then they are put on another planet and live happy ever after.

*hmmm note to self that would make a good fanfic*
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by skrip00
                        Cylons went to Earth already... i mean, whered they get the idea of monotheism from? Jehovas wintesses knock on their door or something?
                        Many different Earth cultures came up with a monotheistic religion without having talked to each other. It's not exactly a revolutionary concept that could've only come from Earth. And even if it did come *originally* from Earth, doesn't mean that the Cylons have been there. Maybe whoever responsible for creating the Cylons has been to Earth or an intimate connection with it.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo123
                          Many different Earth cultures came up with a monotheistic religion without having talked to each other. It's not exactly a revolutionary concept that could've only come from Earth. And even if it did come *originally* from Earth, doesn't mean that the Cylons have been there. Maybe whoever responsible for creating the Cylons has been to Earth or an intimate connection with it.
                          It seems more likely to me, that whoever created the Cylons is in search of earth, either because they once new it, and lost their way upon leaving/exile, or because something or someone they new escaped to earth, and they are in search of them/it.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                            If Earth is really advanced then we'll finish off the Cylons with no problem, at which point the series would end.
                            Ockham's the name.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo123
                              whoever responsible for creating the Cylons
                              Originally posted by MASON
                              whoever created the Cylons
                              Um...

I thought we knew who created the Cylons.

Comment

Working...
                              X