So much Ana hate...why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So much Ana hate...why?

She's not that terrible. Just...keep her away from jack, ugh...
    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Well... she did
    Spoiler:
    kill Shannon just when the girl was getting interesting.

She's also bossy, vengeful, and a very angry girl... other than that she's not so bad.

Oh... and we've seen her do this particular character before. I'm sure she'll grow on me eventually... and then she'll get eaten by a shark.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Yep after what she did she can rot in hell for all I care - psycho loony *****

Edit: Frack you forum filter
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

I actually like Ana. She is a tortured individual, much like Sayid, although Sayid is a bit more mature (and more interesting).

The problem I had with Ana's backstory is that the LAPD would never have allowed her back on the streets with her attitude, and I seriously doubt anyone from the same family would be working in the same precinct.

Overall I'm willing to see where the writers intend to take the character but I can't see her romancing Jack.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          The problem I had with Ana's backstory is that the LAPD would never have allowed her back on the streets with her attitude, and I seriously doubt anyone from the same family would be working in the same precinct.
          Yeah, that's what I was thinking, wouldn't she have to go through more than a little psych evaluation and shrink time? Heck, I got booted off a Stargate RPG for backtalking some fake commander person!

Then she goes and
          Spoiler:
          guns down that b**tard (although he deserved it) right there...unstableness alert.
          Seems she'd be off the force. So, unstable granted, shouldn't have a gun, granted, but hey, she lost her kid, let her stew for a bit.

Of course too long would be annoying, people have to learn to deal after a bit, which is why more interaction should help her out mentaly.

Overall I'm willing to see where the writers intend to take the character but I can't see her romancing Jack.
          Yeah.
          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

it'll be a love quadrangle of ana-jack-kate-sawyer-back to ana.

they might as well throw in rose and bernard too, just to make it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
              Yeah, that's what I was thinking, wouldn't she have to go through more than a little psych evaluation and shrink time?
              Yeah.
              I think we're overestimating the satability of LAPD officers. Crazy people can hide it for quite a while....until they start having long conversations with leprechauns.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I like the character, but my daughter absolutely hates her.

I asked her why and her main reason was that she just hates her look. After much discussion she decided that if Ana had done all the deeds but with a different attitude - a kind of hesitant, "I don't want to do this but I must to save the colony" type attitude - she'd have been okay with that.

So I think perhaps it comes down to what people expect of women and men.

Everybody loves Sawyer and Sayid, even though Sawyer gunned down a guy in cold blood for revenge - just like Ana did, and even though Sayid tortured people - not like Ana did - because Sayid got paid to do it and he did so regularly and with the knowledge that many of his victims were completely innocent.

Men who do these things are perceived as real men(not because they kill and torture, but because we are more forgiving of their sense of guilt and in Sayid's case, quiet grief). Women who do them are perceived as real b*****s.

Disagree?
                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by wessock
                  I hate Ana because now people keep talking about her, Jack, Kate, and Sawyer being in a love "quadrangle. It's a square people. IT'S A SQUARE!!! At the very least a rectangle or trapazoid. Thousands of teenagers are going to flunk their driving tests now because they'll think a stop sign is shaped like an 'octrangle'. Actually, that's not a bad thing. It will make my insurance go down. Keep up the good work quadranglers.
                  A square is a quadrangle. So is a rectangle and a trapazoid. We are using quadrangle because a love 'triangle' is a common phrase for three people, so four people get called a 'quadrangle' because of it.

But I am all for lower insurance rates...stupid expensive technology...
                  Last edited by Cinephilic TV Addict; 27 November 2005, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'ra Hostess
                    Men who do these things are perceived as real men(not because they kill and torture, but because we are more forgiving of their sense of guilt and in Sayid's case, quiet grief). Women who do them are perceived as real b*****s.
                    Yeah, I've heard this before. I guess it's because of that stereotypical balance, yes? The woman is the caretaker of humanity, she is humanity, and when she goes around acting like a man, who generally is the defender and warmaker, then that balance is upset, the world goes into chaos with noone halfway sane to keep things running smooth. Kind of goes back to that cliche of men destroying the world, which isn't quite so far from the truth. So, if men are going to be destroying humanity, someone's gotta clean up thier mess.

I guess I like Ana because I generally levitate towards that kind of androgenous character. The Bride of Kill Bill is another example of a woman shifting stereotypical gender roles. She roared and rampaged and got her revenge...oddly enough for quite feminine reasons. Everyone seemed to like her.
                    TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I don't dislike the character of Ana - its a perfectly believeable and interesting character that has serious demons and skeletons in her closet.....

....the problem is:

Michelle Rodriguez.

She sucks. Hardcore. Like hardcore hardcore.
                      She's a terrible actress, and she plays the SAME EXACT character in everything she is in. It's so annoying. She's terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                        I don't dislike the character of Ana - its a perfectly believeable and interesting character that has serious demons and skeletons in her closet.....

....the problem is:

Michelle Rodriguez.

She sucks. Hardcore. Like hardcore hardcore.
                        She's a terrible actress, and she plays the SAME EXACT character in everything she is in. It's so annoying. She's terrible.
                        I've heard this a lot, too. I'm glad I've never seen her act in anything else, then. It's distracting when all you really want is to see a fresh character and instead you get a retread from past movies/tv shows.
                        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Just watch Fast & The Furious, or SWAT.
                          You'll understand exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                            Just watch Fast & The Furious, or SWAT.
                            You'll understand exactly.
                            When you need a pissed off latina with a gun, she's who you call. It just seems she was a lousy cop from the beginning and cracks under pressure.

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                            Everybody loves Sawyer and Sayid, even though Sawyer gunned down a guy in cold blood for revenge - just like Ana did, and even though Sayid tortured people - not like Ana did - because Sayid got paid to do it and he did so regularly and with the knowledge that many of his victims were completely innocent.

Disagree?
                            I do. I simply don't like the character because it's very...cliche and somewhat stereotypical. Pissed off latina cop is a recurring theme in far too many crime dramas in the first place.

I don't think I'd be friends with Sayid or Sawyer and sooner than Ana; Sawyer is a criminal who did indeed shoot the wrong man, though I doubt he would've had he known it was the wrong man. But a criminal nonetheless. Sayid was a soldier fighting for an evil dictator, though he eventually realized the error of his ways. Ana, on the other hand, hasn't shown much remorse for what she did. And by what she did I'm not referring to her gunning down that guy because it's certainly what I would've loved to do if the mother of my unborn child was wounded into miscarriage.

My biggest problem was that she dishonored the badge she carried and went all vigilante Batgirl on the guy instead of upholding the law as she was sworn to do. That is what I believe made her a bad cop in the first place. Don't get me wrong, I understand that losing a child can be insanely traumatizing for someone and that it must've snapped something inside her, but it still shows that she should not have been a cop. Then again, she should've taken a leave of absense as soon as she learned she was pregnant but I understand why that's not very practical and in fact a rare occurance among female officers.

I don't percieve Sawyer and Sayid as real men because of the things they did in their past, merely because of the things they've done on the island. Ana also did horrible things in her past and while she kept many of them alive on the island, her mistakes seem to outweigh her contributions.

Comment

Like I said, I don't dislike the character of Ana, I just hate Michelle Rodriguez.

Comment

Working...
                              X