PDA

View Full Version : "Delicious Fat Guy" and "Wraith Fight Club" Speculations

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
November 24th, 2005, 01:46 PM
I've been thinking about these two extremely odd episode titles, and wondered - how can any remotely cool ideas go with them? I know that they're just working titles, but I wondered.
And I came up with some answers.

"Wraith Fight Club" - Sheppherds team comes accross a world the people of which have an interesting form of entertainment - pitting wraiths against each other in a fighting arena.
The conflict is that by keeping the wraith alive, they're unknowingly allowing them to hail a hive ship that's entering the solar system, and it may mean the end of the civilization on that planet. A potential B-runnner is finding the moral conflict of it all, and likely will involve Weir doing that diplomatic thing she does.

"Delicious Fat Guy" - The wraith have a replenishable power source, which is a fat guy. Well, that's a stretch. Probably a whole bunch of humans that they're hoarding like chickens. And Shepperds team tries to free them and destroy the hive ship so that the Wraith on the ship can't spread their ideas.

Just guesses...

prion
November 24th, 2005, 02:48 PM
I've been thinking about these two extremely odd episode titles, and wondered - how can any remotely cool ideas go with them? I know that they're just working titles, but I wondered.

"Wraith Fight Club" - Sheppherds team comes accross a world the people of which have an interesting form of entertainment - pitting wraiths against each other in a fighting arena.
The conflict is that by keeping the wraith alive, they're unknowingly allowing them to hail a hive ship that's entering the solar system, and it may mean the end of the civilization on that planet. A potential B-runnner is finding the moral conflict of it all, and likely will involve Weir doing that diplomatic thing she does.

"Delicious Fat Guy" - The wraith have a replenishable power source, which is a fat guy. Well, that's a stretch. Probably a whole bunch of humans that they're hoarding like chickens. And Shepperds team tries to free them and destroy the hive ship so that the Wraith on the ship can't spread their ideas.

Just guesses...

I can't even fathom an episode with such lame titles. Sorry, but they sound SO awful that if I wasn't a fan, I'd tune away just from reading. As long as they don't rip off more movies like they've done with SG1....

ThePope
November 24th, 2005, 02:54 PM
what movies have they ripped off?

prion
November 24th, 2005, 04:01 PM
what movies have they ripped off?

on SG1? In season six they did a few

Nightcrawlers, er, Night, er, whatever the name of the episode was where Carter, Jonas and Teal'c were dressing up like Matrix rejects, was ripped off the ABC movie of the week "Love Slaves" with James Franciscus (shown back in the 70s)

The episode with Jonas and his mentor (Dean Stockwell) was a blatant ripoff of the Russell Crowe movie "A Beautiful Mind"

Wraith_Hunter
November 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM
I can't even fathom an episode with such lame titles. Sorry, but they sound SO awful that if I wasn't a fan, I'd tune away just from reading. As long as they don't rip off more movies like they've done with SG1....

They would just be working titles & would certainly be changed a couple of times before they settled upon the final title.

The fight club one would be kinda cool. Groups of Wraith males fighting each other for the few humans that are available. It would be a really dark episode, just the kind that I like!

Would love to see something of that nature.

MartoufMarty
November 24th, 2005, 04:59 PM
There is no such thing as an original idea anymore! :P

Wraith Fight Club is like that Star Trek Voyager episode... or that Angel episode...

Maybe they could have a little crossover like bit with The 4400. Get the guy who's saliva made people's metabolism increase so much they starved to death and use him against the Wraith.

The Wraith won't be able to keep up and starve to death :P

AutumnDream
November 24th, 2005, 05:23 PM

You know those are preliminary titles. If they didn't change the names as the scripts are fleshed out, "Avenger 2.0" would be called "Stuff Happens!".

True story.

Ace
November 24th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Simpsons did it!!

Ace

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
November 24th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Or "Conflict!" It could have been called that too.

But these are just my speculations as to what the episode ideas are behind the weird working titles. Nothing more. Discuss them at will, discuss your own - but discussion of originality in Sci Fi should not be discussed here. I'm sure there's a topic for that, too.

prion
November 25th, 2005, 05:15 AM
You know those are preliminary titles. If they didn't change the names as the scripts are fleshed out, "Avenger 2.0" would be called "Stuff Happens!".

True story.

Still cringeable working titles. Some shows have made working titles the real titles too, but hope the plots aren't copying movies.

hyzmarca
August 6th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Four words: Snakes on a Jumper

Major_Griff
August 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM

That was 38 Minutes' working title.

Esquin
August 6th, 2006, 11:40 PM
No it wasn't, Snakes on a plane didn't exist when 38 minutes was made. :P

Although Snakes on a Hive Ship could be an interesting idea.

Steve_the_Wraith
August 7th, 2006, 03:03 AM

Just guesses...
"Delicious Fat Guy" went on to become "Iressistable" and "Wraith Fight Club" became "Common Ground"

Linzi
August 7th, 2006, 07:08 AM
"Delicious Fat Guy" went on to become "Iressistable" and "Wraith Fight Club" became "Common Ground"
Indeed. CG sounds fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Major_Griff
August 7th, 2006, 09:41 AM

It was a joke.

Apophis87
August 7th, 2006, 12:31 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!! They should definitely get Samuel L Jackson to guest star! "I'm tired of these mother****ing Goa'uld on this mother****ing jumper!!"

AutumnDream
August 7th, 2006, 01:35 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! They should definitely get Samuel L Jackson to guest star! "I'm tired of these mother****ing Goa'uld on this mother****ing jumper!!"

Oh hells yeah.

Ouroboros
August 7th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Wraith fight club could be hilarious if it involved the team getting captured by a hivequeen and forced to fight various things gladiator style for her amusment.

Imagine McKay prodded into an area with a horde of vicious alien squirrels or something.

Alipeeps
August 8th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Wraith fight club could be hilarious if it involved the team getting captured by a hivequeen and forced to fight various things gladiator style for her amusment.

Imagine McKay prodded into an area with a horde of vicious alien squirrels or something.

As stated above - the working title/concept idea of "Delicious Fat Guy" is what went on the become Irresistible - they were originally going to cast a much larger actor to play the main bad guy role.

Likewise "Wraith Fight Club" was the concept idea for the episode now titled Common Ground - which from the spoilers sounds like it's going to be amazing.

These were less working titles than just concepts.. a quick summation of the basic idea of the plot elements. They were never intended to be taken seriously as titles...

WraithQueenH
September 2nd, 2009, 09:03 PM

It would have been but the Goa'ulds are wimps so "Critical Mass" happens. LOL

spinny magee
September 22nd, 2009, 06:49 PM
The wraith fight club wouldn't be bad except i would call it

"Big Daddies club of fightin"

The fat guy episode just sounds messed up

WraithQueenH
September 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM
:confused: What? :mckayanime07:

T'saria
September 29th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I like the wraith fight club...but I see it much differently. Imagine that. :p *besides the wraithy fans on here have already discussed this idea. :D*