"Delicious Fat Guy" and "Wraith Fight Club" Speculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Delicious Fat Guy" and "Wraith Fight Club" Speculations

I've been thinking about these two extremely odd episode titles, and wondered - how can any remotely cool ideas go with them? I know that they're just working titles, but I wondered.
    And I came up with some answers.

"Wraith Fight Club" - Sheppherds team comes accross a world the people of which have an interesting form of entertainment - pitting wraiths against each other in a fighting arena.
    The conflict is that by keeping the wraith alive, they're unknowingly allowing them to hail a hive ship that's entering the solar system, and it may mean the end of the civilization on that planet. A potential B-runnner is finding the moral conflict of it all, and likely will involve Weir doing that diplomatic thing she does.

"Delicious Fat Guy" - The wraith have a replenishable power source, which is a fat guy. Well, that's a stretch. Probably a whole bunch of humans that they're hoarding like chickens. And Shepperds team tries to free them and destroy the hive ship so that the Wraith on the ship can't spread their ideas.

Just guesses...

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
    I've been thinking about these two extremely odd episode titles, and wondered - how can any remotely cool ideas go with them? I know that they're just working titles, but I wondered.

"Wraith Fight Club" - Sheppherds team comes accross a world the people of which have an interesting form of entertainment - pitting wraiths against each other in a fighting arena.
    The conflict is that by keeping the wraith alive, they're unknowingly allowing them to hail a hive ship that's entering the solar system, and it may mean the end of the civilization on that planet. A potential B-runnner is finding the moral conflict of it all, and likely will involve Weir doing that diplomatic thing she does.

"Delicious Fat Guy" - The wraith have a replenishable power source, which is a fat guy. Well, that's a stretch. Probably a whole bunch of humans that they're hoarding like chickens. And Shepperds team tries to free them and destroy the hive ship so that the Wraith on the ship can't spread their ideas.

Just guesses...
    I can't even fathom an episode with such lame titles. Sorry, but they sound SO awful that if I wasn't a fan, I'd tune away just from reading. As long as they don't rip off more movies like they've done with SG1....

Comment

what movies have they ripped off?
      Stargate: Genesis

http://stargategenesis.sg-event-hori.../genesis/site/ - Genesis Home
      http://stargategenesis.16.forumer.com/index.php - Genesis Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope
        what movies have they ripped off?
        on SG1? In season six they did a few

Nightcrawlers, er, Night, er, whatever the name of the episode was where Carter, Jonas and Teal'c were dressing up like Matrix rejects, was ripped off the ABC movie of the week "Love Slaves" with James Franciscus (shown back in the 70s)

The episode with Jonas and his mentor (Dean Stockwell) was a blatant ripoff of the Russell Crowe movie "A Beautiful Mind"

Comment

Originally posted by prion
          I can't even fathom an episode with such lame titles. Sorry, but they sound SO awful that if I wasn't a fan, I'd tune away just from reading. As long as they don't rip off more movies like they've done with SG1....
          They would just be working titles & would certainly be changed a couple of times before they settled upon the final title.

The fight club one would be kinda cool. Groups of Wraith males fighting each other for the few humans that are available. It would be a really dark episode, just the kind that I like!

Would love to see something of that nature.

Comment

There is no such thing as an original idea anymore!

Wraith Fight Club is like that Star Trek Voyager episode... or that Angel episode...

Maybe they could have a little crossover like bit with The 4400. Get the guy who's saliva made people's metabolism increase so much they starved to death and use him against the Wraith.

The Wraith won't be able to keep up and starve to death

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by prion
              You know those are preliminary titles. If they didn't change the names as the scripts are fleshed out, "Avenger 2.0" would be called "Stuff Happens!".

True story.

Comment

Simpsons did it!!

Ace
                "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Or "Conflict!" It could have been called that too.

But these are just my speculations as to what the episode ideas are behind the weird working titles. Nothing more. Discuss them at will, discuss your own - but discussion of originality in Sci Fi should not be discussed here. I'm sure there's a topic for that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream
                    You know those are preliminary titles. If they didn't change the names as the scripts are fleshed out, "Avenger 2.0" would be called "Stuff Happens!".

True story.
                    Still cringeable working titles. Some shows have made working titles the real titles too, but hope the plots aren't copying movies.

Comment

Four words: Snakes on a Jumper

Comment

Originally posted by hyzmarca
                        Four words: Snakes on a Jumper

That was 38 Minutes' working title.

Perfecto!

Comment

No it wasn't, Snakes on a plane didn't exist when 38 minutes was made.

Although Snakes on a Hive Ship could be an interesting idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia

Just guesses...
                            "Delicious Fat Guy" went on to become "Iressistable" and "Wraith Fight Club" became "Common Ground"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
                              "Delicious Fat Guy" went on to become "Iressistable" and "Wraith Fight Club" became "Common Ground"
                              Indeed. CG sounds fantastic, and I'm really looking forward to it!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X