Stargate model kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate model kits

Um, if someone were to be so inclined, how would they go about convincing someone to allow a model company to buy the licence to make Stargate models for an inexpensive licence fee?

Question one: Who would have to talk to the model companies? Joe Malozzi? RDA? MGM?

Question two: What selling points could a fan such as myself point out to the licensee about the benefits of making Stargate model kits? I can think of a couple;
    • The production cost of the show might go down somewhat with a $20 model that fully assembled and detailed sitting on your desk.
    • They could use the model kits as fodder for making bashes of newer ships like a Hatak melded with an Al'kesh.
    • It would give the story-boarders a greater understanding to a sense of scale if they were trying to pitch an idea for a space battle.
    • The producers or the people responsible for the props could use a model for a forced perspective shot on the show. Instead of having two BC-303s that cost $30,000, how about one that costs $15,000 and the other one behind it for $20?
    • It would make the fans and people who could be fans more reason to watch the show for valuable reference images for the models.

Question three: Do you suppose we could get a petition drive organized to get the PTB to look into making and licencing Stargate model kits? I think an on-line petition would be super at Starship Modeler!

I would love Stargate model kits. If they ever became available, I'd sooo be there.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Funny, I mentioned this in another thread!

I think that if models are going to be made they should have some sort of working function.

EG Model Stargate has a turning ring and a working DHD that operates on infra-red or something. Would be fun to have a model gate on top of the TV and then start it dialling when SG-1 or Atlantis starts

A model Atlantis would be cool, as would The earth fleet of ships and Thor's ships too.

-Turboz

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

SG models? I would so be interested in supporting that idea.
        All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
        Pay it forward

Comment

I would love models of the uniforms. I'm trying to make them but it's hard.

Comment

I found these on the internet the other day (when I was at work!) I don't know if its the type of models you are interested in but they seem cool www.frontiermodels.co.uk type "stargate" in the search box it brings up gliders, stargates, guns etc.

Comment

http://www.shapeways.com/model/86016...ductBox-search
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I would love Stargate model kits. If they ever became available, I'd sooo be there.
                try the model thread links in my signature block. I have bought X302,X303, death glider, puddle jumper, ha'tak, and a general jack oneill (asgard). I have mad models to date of Anubis' mother ship, a telkesh, Ra's mother ship and a gate glider usind a 3D printer and 3D modelling software on my computer. there is a picture of the gate glider on that modeling link in my signature block. Some of the sites have been shut down by lawyers but most still exist. There are currently some game mini models on eBay Canada for about $4.
                sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
                  try the model thread links in my signature block. I have bought X302,X303, death glider, puddle jumper, ha'tak, and a general jack oneill (asgard). I have mad models to date of Anubis' mother ship, a telkesh, Ra's mother ship and a gate glider usind a 3D printer and 3D modelling software on my computer. there is a picture of the gate glider on that modeling link in my signature block. Some of the sites have been shut down by lawyers but most still exist. There are currently some game mini models on eBay Canada for about $4.
                  Very Nice! You have amassed most of the available models in one link.

I've just been able to find out who makes this:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/91027...ductBox-search

The guy is only making 3 for like ~$1000. Too much for my pocket though

http://workingprops.tomperys.cz/index.php?page=20&it=2
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddy_McKay View Post
                    Very Nice! You have amassed most of the available models in one link.

I've just been able to find out who makes this:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/91027...ductBox-search

The guy is only making 3 for like ~$1000. Too much for my pocket though

http://workingprops.tomperys.cz/index.php?page=20&it=2
                    Yes it is quite pricey, wonder how big it is. I watch a show called Hollywood Treasure, it is an auction house that sources Scifi and movie memorabilia recently they auctioned Te's Jaffa coustume and serpent head and had Chris on the show to authenticate it, I have also seen them auction of an SGA ancient chair, Te's staff weapon and a Goauld chest bomb. They also sell hero ship models quite often and they go for around $2000 but they are huge (2-3 metres) and are the actual ship models from the movie, they recently sold a Buck rogers fighter and the ship from starship troopers.
                    sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

I have made this 3d model with my 3dprinter it is the ships artwork from one of the now defuncted stargate Mod conversions
                      The framework has heaps of errors in it and required extensive repair to get a good result from the print, there are many other ships both goauld ori and human in this game that can be printed my Gate Glider shown in my modleing thread is one of them, it also took many hours of repair to get it to work, and still needs refinement, I am in the process of changing the bottom, cutting out the cockpit and building a full cockpit with bratak and t in it.

Comment

Any puddle jumpers or gates yet?

Comment

Go to the 3d modeling link in my model thread of google 3d stargate frames or models there are puddle jumpper models in kit form is that what you are after?
                          Here is a link to a heap of stargate 3d models that can be printed.
                          http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models/stargate/

Comment

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
                            Go to the 3d modeling link in my model thread of google 3d stargate frames or models there are puddle jumpper models in kit form is that what you are after?
                            Here is a link to a heap of stargate 3d models that can be printed.
                            http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/3D-Models/stargate/
                            Is it possible by chance to give me the link here since I have no Idea where your talking about?

I'm looking for a jumper that is built but if not available then I guess a kit will do?
                            Last edited by Timespirt; 28 February 2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Stubba2 Is there a puddle jumper model that can be used for the DST figures?

Comment

Working...
                              X