This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori Scary?

When I Saw Origin I almost Pissed my pants...
    The Ori are sooo scary I don't know if there is a way to kill them,
    Effectivley

Spoiler:
    no, there isn't
    School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
      Spoiler:
      no, there isn't

Now how do you know that?!
      Stargate: Genesis

http://stargategenesis.sg-event-hori.../genesis/site/ - Genesis Home
      http://stargategenesis.16.forumer.com/index.php - Genesis Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope
        Now how do you know that?!
        I have a feeling called
        Spoiler:
        cancellation
        School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
          I have a feeling called
          Spoiler:
          cancellation

Cancelation?!thats not a spoiler by the way! its got its 10th season with no real effort, it was harder to get a 9th than a 10th. stargate sg1 will be around 4 a lng time yet!
          Stargate: Genesis

http://stargategenesis.sg-event-hori.../genesis/site/ - Genesis Home
          http://stargategenesis.16.forumer.com/index.php - Genesis Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ThePope
            Cancelation?!thats not a spoiler by the way! its got its 10th season with no real effort, it was harder to get a 9th than a 10th. stargate sg1 will be around 4 a lng time yet!
            But the 11th would be trickier.
            I think it's only a PR thing by Sci Fi Channel's part.
            There is a part of me that hopes I'm wrong. Only God knows how much I hope I'm wrong.
            There are some things that leed to the conclusion that SG-1 will be for much more than 10 seasons:
            Still brings audience (not as big as season 8) but good audience.
            They made a lot of investments in sets (around 800 thou for a village and a cavern). Nobody spends that much only for more than 1 season even 2. TPTB did that knowing something.
            Now piece de resistance: TPTB wanted t change the show's name into Stargate Command and if they would have done that Sci Fi wouldn't have pulled the plugg for at least 3 seasons. But Sci Fi nixed the name change.

Ok, I admit this nixing thing may go both ways:
            a) Sci Fi is interested in audience, money and advertising so they would not let go such a good name (SG-1) and the fact that TPTB proposed the name change indicates the Sci Fi Channel's desire for more seasons to come after 9th;
            b) Sci Fi is interested this time in PR they want to be the ones who claim that they are the channel who aired the longest sci fi series in the US television history and after that they pull the plugg (in that case: you slimy b_stards!). This would work on a short term (5-10 years). X-Files ended in 2001-2002 with 9 years, and it took only 4 years to be surpassed by Stargate SG-1. If Sci Fi Channel want to have this title for more than a few years they should continue ordering a new SG-1 season every year, hell maybe they will surpass Dr. Who (26 years of continuity), then Sci FI Channel could go with the title of the channel who aired the longest sci fi series in the world television history, period.
            School is overrated.

Comment

You see, I don't think it was a PR thing by the Sci-Fi channel. The ratings for the first half of season 9 were quite good, and that warranted another season. As long as ratings stay within an acceptable range, I see this show being around for some time to come. I would like to think that the Sci-Fi channel has learned a little from their previous disasters. You don't cancel a show that's still doing quite well. Without the Stargate franchise, that channel would have little to offer.

Sorry, back on topic finally. Yes, the Ori are scary. And I think they will only get scarier as their story unfolds before us.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They scarry me a lot. I even had nightmares involving some Ori Priors who came into my hood to convert us all, and one of them looked like Daniel. Weird, but it's true. I haven't been that scared since I gave my exam in litterature at the end of 12th grade, and sometimes I still have nightmares like that. TPTB had done a good job, making the Ori plot a way through my subconscius leedind to some prety scary sh_t dreams. Job well done!
                School is overrated.

Comment

not scary just can't be killed.

good thing is the priors can be defeated

Comment

The Whole time I was saying Come on!
                    Dammit shoot the Dammed Oreo NOW!

Comment

In my opinion-- No. Just another bad metaphor.

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                        In my opinion-- No. Just another bad metaphor.
                        Bad metaphor? Ouch!!
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Not scary, just indestructable, at least at the moment,there is always that hidden piece of ancient text or ancient device to make things all better just out of site for the time being
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Well, they had the potential to be much scarier.

Comment

The Priors are creepy as hell
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Working...
                              X