Superman to Fly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superman to Fly?

Is this something we are going to see soon. I know in the comics and the films he does not fly until later on in his life. But the thing is, he has learnt a few new powers in Smallville. He has flew once before (has he forgot this?). And when he jumped up to the nuclear rocket with a powerful jump, he must of felt weightlessness to be able to fly.

Always felt that they was going no where with Smallville in the early episodes where if someone know about CK then something would happen to make them forget or that it didnt happen, but of late they are letting people know slowly etc. I think Lionel must know something about CK that he is letting on.

Cliff
    Got computer problems? visit http://theportal.dyndns.org/tech

Living TV's Most Haunted, get the spooks, visit http://theportal.dyndns.org/mosthaunted.

THe producers have made a few promises with Smallville.
    No flying and no costume.
    So no, you shouldn't see him fly.

Comment

Really? Is this true? Superman/CK will not fly in Smallville?

I don't see that point of it then! That is his primary 'power', without it he is just "Hightened senses and can run really fast man"
      It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

I hope we see both the flying capability and the costume in the very last episode. Come on, they gotta give us that.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

as far as i can remember, the only times Clark has flown was when he was the Kal-el personality who the producers don't consider to be Clark so their no tights/no flight promise is technically still in effect.

i think we won't see it for a while. as long as the show is running i can't seem them breaking the no flight/no tights promise. there have been a few moments where Clark's flight powers have come into effect such as when he jumped from building to building to enter Luthercorp, when he woke up in the middle of a road almost being hit by Lex and when the tornado hit smallville but the only actual flight has been from Jor-el and Kal-el.

now that the new superman movie is out, like batman they'll try and keep both seperate (which is supposed to be a reason why a young Bruce Wayne won't appear on the show) so i don't think that we'll see him fly. it's a pity but with the show being about Smallville, i don't think having him flying around the world just yet would be good

sigpic

Comment

I dont mind him not flying in Smallville, I think I prefer the show better that way, he seems less invincible and more human which is the whole point of the show.

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
              as far as i can remember, the only times Clark has flown was when he was the Kal-el personality who the producers don't consider to be Clark so their no tights/no flight promise is technically still in effect.

i think we won't see it for a while. as long as the show is running i can't seem them breaking the no flight/no tights promise. there have been a few moments where Clark's flight powers have come into effect such as when he jumped from building to building to enter Luthercorp, when he woke up in the middle of a road almost being hit by Lex and when the tornado hit smallville but the only actual flight has been from Jor-el and Kal-el.

now that the new superman movie is out, like batman they'll try and keep both seperate (which is supposed to be a reason why a young Bruce Wayne won't appear on the show) so i don't think that we'll see him fly. it's a pity but with the show being about Smallville, i don't think having him flying around the world just yet would be good
              Actully in S1 E2, he floats above his bed while sleeping.
              He wakes up, loses it and breaks the bed.
              LOL
              That's not his Kal-El persona.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                Actully in S1 E2, he floats above his bed while sleeping.
                He wakes up, loses it and breaks the bed.
                LOL
                That's not his Kal-El persona.
                i had forgotten all about that, but it still fits into the same scenario as when he woke up in the middle of a road.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jazz!
                  Really? Is this true? Superman/CK will not fly in Smallville?

I don't see that point of it then! That is his primary 'power', without it he is just "Hightened senses and can run really fast man"
                  That and he's indestructible.
                  The truth is out there. Getting there, well thats a whole different can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by helio9
                    That and he's indestructible.
                    quite so! except for the krypton that is!
                    It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

He's already flown. They always make a big deal out of it with SFX and this and that though, no wonder he doesn't like to take to the sky, takes too much out of the budget.

He's got to grow up sometime though.
                      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
                        He's got to grow up sometime though.
                        Exactly! I'll take it even if it's in the final scene of the final episode. At least we'd get it. And I would be happy.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                          i had forgotten all about that, but it still fits into the same scenario as when he woke up in the middle of a road.
                          Yeah, but something was effecting him in that ep and wasn't in s1e2.
                          Still, I suppose they fit under the same umbrella.

Comment

Spoiler:
                            He was practically flying when he jumped up to stop the rocket in "Hidden", and we also don't see how he got back down. I suppose he could have just "fallen" back to Earth and be ok, but even if you're invincible I would think you'd want a controlled landing. TPTB seem to be walking a fine line with the idea.

Comment

If the tptb of smallville aret allowed to let clark fly....

Then why has he flown?

(I know he was kel-el at the time, but still...)
                              I found MGs site...this is what happend....I laughed
                              so hard i fell backwards in my chair and hit my head....*Now has big bump on head*
                              But it was worth it ....*Bows before the almighty MG*

Rotating Sig courtesy of Abydos
                              Thanks to SmallTimePerson for the Atlantis Gaurdians Pic
                              GW My home away from home....
                              My Goal in life....Become King of games

Comment

Working...
                              X