X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get the Vala jokes!!

Finally!!

During this Stargate break, I watched the entire Farscape series and PK wars mini-series. I LOVED IT!
    Then, I skimmed the first ep of Season 9... I remembered hearing about some Farscape references thrown in there as jokes, but I didn't get them at the time... except when Vala says to Mitchell something like "we haven't met before, I'd remember it". All I had to know is that they were both in a tv show before to get that one!

My mouth dropped to the floor when Vala says to Daniel that she's pregnant and he could be the father... it's a one in ten chance. And then winks at Ben Browder!!!! Amazing reference!!! I loved it!
    To see all the tension between Aeryn and John being goofed on like that... fantastic.

Are there any other farscape jokes thrown around that I missed?

The way Stargate makes pop-culture references is one of my absolute favorite features of the show and I'm so glad there's a community like this board to share about it! Thanks for reading!

And thank you for posting. Welcome to GateWorld. Happy to have you.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by yarish
      My mouth dropped to the floor when Vala says to Daniel that she's pregnant and he could be the father... it's a one in ten chance. And then winks at Ben Browder!!!! Amazing reference!!! I loved it!
      To see all the tension between Aeryn and John being goofed on like that... fantastic.

Are there any other farscape jokes thrown around that I missed?
      Okay, someone's going to have to explain the preggers one since I've not seen any Farscape at all.

Comment

You should definately watch Farscape then!

Comment

Vala winked at Mitchell? I thought she winked at Teal'c. The shot cut to him immediately after, suggested she was looking at him.
          SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

There is also a line in the first ep of season 9 that goes like this:

VALA: well reading it is one thing. Understanding it is another. The individual I got this from assured me that the treasure it describes is here on earth. Now I could have come by ship and looked for it myself but I know nothing about your fair planet. Other that it seems to have an interesting if somewhat limited gene pool.

This is a reference to a farscape dvd that Creation put out, Ben Browder and Claudia Black did an appearence at a Farscape Convention together and there were many jokes in there about how Browder and Shanks looked alike. There was even a part where Ben left for a bathroom break and Claudia put a picture of Shanks on Browders seat for when he got back.

**I tried to link the dvd but the creation page won't let me. Just goto the Creation page and click on "Buy Merchandise/Farscape/DVD/CD", if you want to see it.**

She definately winked at Mitchell, watch it again, he looks at her weird after she winks.

VALA: I lied. I had to tell you in…person. *whispers* I'm pregnant. Pretty sure it's yours anyway…there's at least a one in …ten chance. *winks at Mitchell who has to do a double take. She grins*

Transcript: Avalon Pt. 1

VALA: hey *links arm through his following Jackson* Try playing hard to get.

MITCHELL: Man look whose talking.

That can be loosely interpreted as a nod to Farscape..
            Last edited by Pryito; 22 November 2005, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
              Okay, someone's going to have to explain the preggers one since I've not seen any Farscape at all.
              Yah, watch Farscape, it's an amazing show! Best show ever!

Telling you why would actually ruin alot of the show for you if you ever do decide to watch it.

Comment

The pregnancy joke probably refers to to Claudia Black's charactar of Aeryn Sun's pregnancy. there was a chance Crighton(Browder) wasn't the father. Sun had been genetically engineered for combat and one of the effects was if she got pregnant her body could send the embryo into a short stasis for months even years so that if she was in the middle of a military campaign she could continue fighting. so the father could have been anyone she had slept over the past few years.
                Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Ah, okay. Thank you. See, I don't think that really ruined too much.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
                    Farscape is the greatest scifi ever! Now that Vala's gona be a regular next season, hope to see more Farscape references.

Comment

Hah haha!

She made a sex joke!
                      How witty(!)

NOT!
                      Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                      O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Funny, real funny.
                        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                        LOVE HIM-> DT
                        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
                          Welcome to the forum!
                          Farscape is the greatest scifi ever! Now that Vala's gona be a regular next season, hope to see more Farscape references.
                          Some Peacekeepers, some Scarrans. (only kidding)
                          There is a measure in everything. I liked vala's jokes. But too much of that I could get an indigestion.
                          there is a saying here, I'll try to translate it: Too many cooks and the food will taste like sh#@. (Sci Fi should mind his own biz if they want to claim the title for the longest US scifi show cause if it stinks it won't matter how long was SG-1 if at the end stunk like poo-poo )
                          I hope TPTB will be cautious in there attempt to get scapers to watch SG-1. That kind of allusions you make in parodies. And last time I check SG-1 wasn't a parody.

But if TPTB bring the Farscape quality as long as they respect the SG-1 line is ok with me, hell I welcome it. TPTB be carefull COPY&PASTE is very tricky and lethal to any show's health.
                          School is overrated.

Comment

There are jokes about Vala? Or is Vala the Joke?
                            Hey they can name the new show Stargate Comedy Hour.... SGCH.
                            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
                              Welcome to the forum!
                              Well it will probably get cancelled, maybe on a cliffhanger.... is that farscape enough?
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X