This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starguide question

I was wondering, Darren, if you could post the old Starguide somewhere, I keep hearing more and more about it, and I am upset that I wasn't around to see it when I was up. I was just wondering if you could host it somewhere sort of as a sort of memorial or something... if you can't, or don't want to or something, I was wondering if you could post some screenshots, and banners, I am just curious about the website that basically started Stargate fandom on the internet. I think others may be too.

Whats Starguide
    Originally posted by Owen Macri
    I am just curious about the website that basically started Stargate fandom on the internet.
    Now that makes me wanna see it too
    If you can do it Darren, please do, its sounds very very very interesting
    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Now, I may be wrong, but I believe Stargate was Darren's original Stargate fan site. If you go to the GateWorld History page at the bottom of the main site it talks all about how it was originaly started as Starguide on Darren's personal webspace. Im curious...

Comment

BING!

more ...
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
          I just wanted to let all you know. Don't click on the final link for 2003, it takes you to present day GW.
          sigpic

Comment

very sweet Darren
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
              very sweet Darren
              Yeah that is pretty cool. Nice job Darren.
              sigpic

Comment

Very cool, thank you very much! I like the idea with the flags, that give you updates for different countries. The episode guide is great! I don't think there was anything like that when Stargate first came out. For anyone who is interested, go into the forums and look around at the thread titles and stuff, you can't get into the threads, but read the titles, it is cool to see how everyone thought back when Stargate hadn't hit five seasons.

When you think about it, it isn't really that different from the present day GateWorld! That is awsome Darren, thank you very much!

Comment

I posted a tribute to Starguide over on Event Horizon, and I thought you might want to see it.

Here is a link to the thread. http://www.stargateomega.com/forum/s...=2415#post2415

When we think of Stargate internet fandom, we think of GateWorld. GateWorld is the largest, most popular Stargate site on the internet. But GateWorld didn't just pop up one day out of no where. There is a history, and that history is called Starguide!

Darren, the owner of GateWorld, originally created Starguide, as a Stargate episode guide, it wasn't much but he knew it would grow, and it did. It grew into the mass fan site, we know today as GateWorld. Click here to visit the GateWorld Site History page.

I, being a curious person, recently asked, over on the GateWorld Forum, if Darren could host the original Starguide website somewhere, maybe on a section of GateWorld, just so we, the curious, could see what really started it all. And Darren, being the wonderfully nice person he is, did.

He gave these two links.

This one:

http://web.archive.org/web/200008170....com/stargate/

to Starguide, it does take a little while to load, but it is worth it.

And this one:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://....com/stargate/

to an internet history site which logged all of Starguide's, and now GateWorld's, progress.

Originally, Starguide was hosted on Darren's own personal webspace, look how much it has evolved since then. The look and feel of the site hasn't changed incredibly, but look at the progress that has been made and admire the website that started it all... Starguide!

Owen Macri
                  Owen Macri

Comment

Cool, thanks very much. and i have to say starguide looked like a great site
                    The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

cool, very recent ' whats new for season 4'...retro!
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Its always good to look back

Comment

haha, thats awesome, I espicially like the forum, with a whole 65 posts!!
                          sigpic
                          Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

The funny part of the forum is that there's even names there that are still around...well one name. And she's got a different user name now. And I'd better not reveal who exactly since she has a very nasty spoon and rather large boots!
                            sigpic

Comment

oh very cryptic...
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X