X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claudia Black joins SG-1 cast

Claudia Black joins SG-1 cast
    Claudia Black has sauntered her way into the hearts of many Stargate fans this year, playing the sexy thief Vala Mal Doran in eight episodes of SG-1's ninth season. Now Black is set to join the long-running series as a full-time cast member.

Read the full story at GateWorld ...
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Its official. Vala is a now a regular.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=33347
    "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

Yes she is! Oh yes! Oh yes! Oh yes! (Does monkey dance and is quickly reprimanded by boss).
      1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! They can't DO this! This is...this is...just stupid. I would of been okay with her being a regular guest star but to be a regular! I have absolutly nothing aganst Claudia Black but Vala can only be interesting for so long... I really prefer her in smaller doses. Why, why?! did TPTB think this was a good idea? And what exactly is going to be the logic behind the SGC being stupid enough to trust Vala? What is going to be her job? How is she going to be useful if she's double crossed nearly everyone she has known?! This might just be the end of me watching SG-1 I hope the back half of season 9 changes my mind on this matter.
        Last edited by GatetheWay; 02 January 2006, 09:39 PM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

Awesome. With the amount of positive feedback the producers got about her it was a no brainer.
          Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! They can't DO this! This is...this is...just stupid. I would of been okay with her being a regular guess star but to be a regular! I have absolutly nothing aganst Claudia Black but Vala can only be interesting for so long... I really prefer her in smaller doses. Why, why?! did TPTB think this was a good idea? This might just be the end of me watching SG-1 I just hope the back half of season 9 changes my mind on this manner.

Wanna bet? Didn't you see how smoothly tptb slid Jason mammoa into the Atlantis cast, and the fans barely noticed? Not to mention how they accepted Jonas Quinn, who was replacing the loss of an actor, so beloved that it sparked an uprising. If anybody can pull this off, they can.
            VIVA LA STARGATE!!!

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! They can't DO this! This is...this is...just stupid. I would of been okay with her being a regular guess star but to be a regular! I have absolutly nothing aganst Claudia Black but Vala can only be interesting for so long... I really prefer her in smaller doses. Why, why?! did TPTB think this was a good idea? And what exactly is going to the logic behind the SGC being stupid enough to trust Vala? What is going to be her job? How is she going to be useful if she's double cross nearly everyone she knows?! This might just be the end of me watching SG-1 I just hope the back half of season 9 changes my mind on this manner.
              She's not a regular until S10. Also, enevitibly her character will evolve. (She may even put down that whip that she's so fond of and run off with Daniel to make babies.)
              "The Clarke Postulate - One's ability to correctly explain advanced theoretical thermodynamics as applied to string theory within a fictional context is directly related to one's ability to cook the perfect lemon chicken with mushrooms in a nice garlic butter sauce. While some use this unexpected correlation as proof of intelligent design, I believe that its all about the person's choice of mushrooms.

I also believe that there is a tear developing in the space-time continuum which if left uncheck will allow Microsoft to become a world power. I suspect that unless we all download Firefox 3 on the same day, thus sealing the tear, that life as we know it may be over and children will have their teddy bears and blankets ripped mercilessly from their arms.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! They can't DO this! This is...this is...just stupid. I would of been okay with her being a regular guess star but to be a regular! I have absolutly nothing aganst Claudia Black but Vala can only be interesting for so long... I really prefer her in smaller doses. Why, why?! did TPTB think this was a good idea? And what exactly is going to the logic behind the SGC being stupid enough to trust Vala? What is going to be her job? How is she going to be useful if she's double cross nearly everyone she knows?! This might just be the end of me watching SG-1 I hope the back half of season 9 changes my mind on this matter.
                Agreed, I dont see hte logic in this decision at all, recurring role perhaps regular i just dont understand, i men is there going to be 5 members of sg1 now?

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                  Agreed, I dont see hte logic in this decision at all, recurring role perhaps regular i just dont understand, i men is there going to be 5 members of sg1 now?
                  Carter: And who said a statgate team's gotta be made of 4 people?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar
                    Carter: And who said a statgate team's gotta be made of 4 people?
                    Keep in mind that General Hammond and what's-his-name (Landry) are both considered regulars, but not a part of SG1 per se. As is Gosset's character.

Comment

Ah, in reading the original SciFi.com press release, they really need to get a dictionary

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33347

Grammar folk will recognize the error

Comment

*screams*
                        TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Can someone tell me what particular qualities she possesses to believably justify her character becoming a permanent presence instead of a recurring one?
                          Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
                            Can someone tell me what particular qualities she possesses to believably justify her character becoming a permanent presence instead of a recurring one?
                            The producers like her.
                            (All Hail the Producers! Hallowed are the Producers!)

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! They can't DO this! This is...this is...just stupid. I would of been okay with her being a regular guest star but to be a regular! I have absolutly nothing aganst Claudia Black but Vala can only be interesting for so long... I really prefer her in smaller doses. Why, why?! did TPTB think this was a good idea? And what exactly is going to the logic behind the SGC being stupid enough to trust Vala? What is going to be her job? How is she going to be useful if she's double cross nearly everyone she knows?! This might just be the end of me watching SG-1 I hope the back half of season 9 changes my mind on this matter.
                              Heres to small doses.

I need a drink.

*chugs chocolate milk*
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X