This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Suckes At Making Dvds!!!!!!!

Before Sony bought MGM our stargate DVDs always turned out just fine, no errors, nothing. Now, Sony seems to find a way to screw up every stargate DVD they make, and they put that stupid "The opionions expressed in the following commentaries..." BS that no one cares about. What they think they're going to get sued over a commentary? And they put the stupid FBI warning in there.

Not only that but the errors that have been made could have been caught long before the DVDs were every made if someone had just thought to make one copy and check for errors.

-1 for Sony.
    I'm from Iowa, United States

Every DVD with commentaries put the whole 'opionions expressed in the following commentaries...' to cover their own asses just in case someone in the commentary says something that people get offended by.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
      Before Sony bought MGM our stargate DVDs always turned out just fine, no errors, nothing. Now, Sony seems to find a way to screw up every stargate DVD they make, and they put that stupid "The opionions expressed in the following commentaries..." BS that no one cares about. What they think they're going to get sued over a commentary? And they put the stupid FBI warning in there.

Not only that but the errors that have been made could have been caught long before the DVDs were every made if someone had just thought to make one copy and check for errors.

-1 for Sony.
      You forgot the DRM debacle, so Sony is really at -2 right now.

Comment

when did sony buy out mgm? it wasnt recently im assuming cos ive not heard anything about that

and did you know sony were thinking about using that DRM thing with the ps3??
        -3 for Sony
        - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Must... suck the life out... Can't... hold myself...
          In the fullness of time. Expect me when you see me.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
            You forgot the DRM debacle, so Sony is really at -2 right now.
            The what debacle?
            I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
              The what debacle?
              http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27349

sony are really shooting themselves in the foot now
              - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27349

sony are really shooting themselves in the foot now
                -4 as the fix for said ERM debacle was even worse than original said debacle and
                -5 as they apparently have ripped off someone's copyright with said drm!

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                  -4 as the fix for said ERM debacle was even worse than original said debacle and
                  -5 as they apparently have ripped off someone's copyright with said drm!
                  -6 for screwing the artist over and giving the artist bad rap by encouraging people NOT to buy that particular album.

Comment

-7 for telling the people in the UK they would replace single DVDs with ones with commentaries, then pulling out.
                    -8 for telling me lies about someone in power wanting to talk to me, then said person not calling.
                    -9 for years of screwing fans over, period.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                    "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

MGM+Sony=Bad idea.
                      -10 for Sony
                      sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm... it appears that Sony's heading south real quick.

Bonus for heading south: -5 points.

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
                          when did sony buy out mgm? it wasnt recently im assuming cos ive not heard anything about that

and did you know sony were thinking about using that DRM thing with the ps3??
                          -3 for Sony
                          I think it was earlier this year - around January maybe...

Comment

I'd have to agree that they suck making DVDs. At least, Starate-related ones. I can't believe there were big mess-ups on both SG-1 season 8 and Atlantis season 1. Laughable, really.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                              I'd have to agree that they suck making DVDs. At least, Starate-related ones. I can't believe there were big mess-ups on both SG-1 season 8 and Atlantis season 1. Laughable, really.
                              There's a problem with the Atlantis Season 1 set?

Comment

Working...
                              X