This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reputation IS working, as of 29/11/05

Is there an issue with rep giving? I click the scales and get shunted to the top of the page rather than the rep giving screen poping open.

Worked fine before the downtime again today

Tested it, definately isnt working
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Ah thought it was moi... But it was alright earlier in the day... Only later in the afternoon did I get shunted...
      sigpic
      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Its working but i get a massive box with the forum logo
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I also have the exact same problem...I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually.

I don't understand how people with the same amount of posts as me have so many rep points. Do you guys have friends rep you over and over? Am I posting sh*tty posts all the time? Am I unlucky? I don't really care to be honest, but I am curious if there is a conspiracy to raise other people's rep and curious to see if anyone will actually admit to it-

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton

I don't understand how people with the same amount of posts as me have so many rep points. Do you guys have friends rep you over and over? Am I posting sh*tty posts all the time? Am I unlucky? I don't really care to be honest, but I am curious if there is a conspiracy to raise other people's rep and curious to see if anyone will actually admit to it-
            Its because you dont get rep for serious discussion you get rep mostly for humourous posts

As for friends the thunkers, whumpers and shippers rep each other all day long

Infact there is a person on this board who has 1400+ posts and full rep and 99.9% of her posts have been in a thunk thread just posting pics of the character (If your wondering how I know this she kept coming up on the new posts thing in the same thread so I checked her profile thinking she might be new but no 1400 posts and I had never seen her before)
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
              As for friends the thunkers, whumpers and shippers rep each other all day long
              I see, that makes sense.

(Thanks for the green, mine's still not working or I'd give ya some?? )

Comment

Also if you are in the right but certain people who are favoured think you are wrong you get red repped a lot - happened to me numerous times
                love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton

The way the rep system was set up used to allow people to give many more points per green. For instance, I used to give 20, and I even recieved a couple of 60 point reps. Sometime near the beginning of May, though, the system was revamped and I believe the maximum points anyone now gives is 5 per green. But the greens already recieved couldn't be converted into the new values, so a lot of us "cheated." That's probably the main reason for the disparity you see.

And yeah, I rep my friends (and others) "just because." I don't even have to feel guilty about it now that it only counts for a point or two. If it brightens their day a little bit to know that I thought of them long enough to give a green, then it's worth giving.

Unfortunately the rep isn't working for me either...I'll have to start a "to green" list somewhere.

Comment

Hmm... I click on the reputation thing and it just sends me to the top of the page...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                      Ah thought it was moi... But it was alright earlier in the day... Only later in the afternoon did I get shunted...
                      Same thing happened to me last night...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

it gives me a popup with teh top of the page, and then if i scroll down i have the rep giving box

definitely some bug though
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

For me it brings up a small window with the gateworld forum logo at the top and I have to scroll down to give rep then in that same window it opens the thread that I am on
                          love Torri

Comment

^ How strange, I don't get anything other than being sent to the top of the page.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
                              ^ How strange, I don't get anything other than being sent to the top of the page.
                              Well, look on the brightside... If you're in a thread with alot of replys you got a quick way to get to the top of the page

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                              X