This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which season is best to buy?

Hi, I'm wanting to buy a boxset, one for now. I haven't seen season 7 so that is an obvious choice, but I really like season 4 and 5. I'm just wondering which DVDs are the best? I'd greatly appreciate any input from you guys. Which ones are your favorite? I look forward to listening to the commentary, so what ones are best for that, and other features.
    Thanks!
    "Do you people practice being vague?"

Personally, I'd say pick up them all if you can. I finally completed my collection with the acquisition of Season 8 (at least until Season 9 comes out). But if you were to start with one, I'd probably say nab 5 or 7.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

'kay thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

No prob.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

this is tough.
          each season has its own fantastic story arc accompanied by some really good single episodes.

I'm a big fan of season 2 - i think that's when the writers really figured out what they were getting themselves into, and where they could take this show (a matter of time, fifth race, etc).

But season 4 has some good episodes too, as does season 7.

I'd say start early with season 2, that way you're still more toward the beginning and don't miss out on some of the overall story, and still get a ton of great episodes.

Comment

Well, season 4 has Window of Opportunity which is considered by some to be the best Stargate ep of all time. Plus its got:

Small Vicories good thor ep
            The other side good Danie vs Jack ep
            Upgrades -- very entertaining ep.
            Crossroads - Teal'c actually gets an arch
            Divide and Conquer - sad but shippers like it.
            Watergate - Mirita Siritis from Star Trek Plus Daniel snark make this a keeper
            The first ones -- Great Daniel ep
            Scorched Earth -- nice little moral delema
            Beneath the Surface -- great team ep
            Point of No Return -- funny ep.
            Tangent -- our first shot at spaceship building.
            The curse -- it was ok, introduction of a great bad guy
            The Serpents Venom - Great Jacob action in this one
            Chain Reaction -- makes you hate the NID but not Maybourn
            2010 -- makes you think
            Abosoulte power --- really makes you think.
            The light -- nice litte one off.
            Prodigy -- introduces the concept that USAF is actually training new people for Stargate program.
            Entity -- got to tell you I am not a fan of this one.
            Double Jeopardy -- the Jack O'neill interaction is worth the price of admission alone.
            EXODUS -- great cliffhanger.

However, my first response to the thread title is that "This is the best season to buy the DVDS" and you must get them all.... but thats just me.
            Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

season 3 was probably my favourite season
              season 1 had some very good moments as well
              - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

I'd definitely suggest picking up season 4. That by far is my favorite season. Then again, i just got season 8 and it's totally awesome.

Comment

My favourites are still the first two seasons. And I liked season 2 even a little bit more than season 1. But if I understand your question right than you want either buy season 4 or 5 but can´t decide beween them. Right?
                  I think it´s a question of what you like about Stargate. If you are a shipper than I would say buy season 4 because is has many Sam/Jack episodes.
                  If you are more into epic action episodes than is season 5 maybe better.
                  But I think both seasons are worth a look.

Comment

Personally I'd suggest Seasons 4-7, because they have commentaries on all the episodes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks all! Yes, the commentaries are a big thing for me. Since I've seen all the season's except for 7 I'll likely get that one first. And since I love season 4 and 5 they'll be next. And no doubt I'll have to buy all of them once I get started!
                      I really like your positivity of all the episodes AGateFan.

Comment

Working...
                      X