PDA

View Full Version : New Order - Season Eight opener

GateGipsy
April 29th, 2004, 02:34 AM
For the full story click HERE (http://www.gateworld.net/news/episodeupdate.html#newsitem1081555044,19201,)

Old enemies return in Season Eight premiere
APRIL 9, 2004
http://www.gateworld.net/graphics/clear.gif
The first details on the 2-hour season premiere of Stargate SG-1 have arrived! "New Order" (http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s8/801.shtml) will see the return of deadly enemies from SG-1's past, and will set the stage for sending the show in some new directions in the year to come. Beware of spoilers!

David
April 29th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Last year we saw Baal for two scenes (both over a viewscreen) and Yu for a few brief, incoherent moments, then just mentioned in the rest of the season. I sure hope this is not the only show they are featured in.

Teal'c
May 1st, 2004, 01:24 AM
Yeah, Go Yu! :D

Can't wait to see what happens with Camulus though...

Osiris
May 1st, 2004, 02:19 AM
I'm very exciting to see the new system lord Amaterasu! Goa'uld godesses are always great! I hope we'll get to see her more in the season... along with some "lost" goa'uld like Bastet & Kali!

Thor
May 1st, 2004, 04:39 AM
I'm looking forward to see Yu and Baal in season8 opener. Really liked both :)
Hope they will be in season8 much more than in season7.

Apophis
May 1st, 2004, 08:41 AM
I really can't imagine any of the Goa'uld in series 8 living up to the threats Apophis and Anubis presented. With earths new ability to defend itself they cannot realisticly attack us. Also, there just hasn't been the time to build up the characters. In my opinion Anubis was killed off far too quickly and could have offered a strong nemesis for SG-1 in series 8. Heres only hoping he can do an Apophis. :)

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 12:01 PM
I really can't imagine any of the Goa'uld in series 8 living up to the threats Apophis and Anubis presented.

Oh I don't know I think Ba'al is scarier then Anubus. :P Mostly because of his performance in Abyss.

I really hope we get to see lots of Ba'al AND Yu this season :)

Ace
May 1st, 2004, 12:16 PM
Can't wait for this episode...so many things happening at once! How much longer?

Lord Loz
May 1st, 2004, 01:28 PM
...With earths new ability to defend itself they cannot realisticly attack us...

If that ability to defend ourselves is permanent of course. I would hate for Earth to suddenly become immune from danger, as ever since show one the fun has been seeing how close we come to being destroyed in one way or the other!

Does seem to be an awful lot crammed into one episode, however Lost City showed how that can be acheived well IMO.

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 01:56 PM
Does seem to be an awful lot crammed into one episode, however Lost City showed how that can be acheived well IMO.

I really liked TLC but I thought it was just a little rushed... especially considering they were trying to fit a full length movie into 88 minutes.

Lord Loz
May 1st, 2004, 02:07 PM
I really liked TLC but I thought it was just a little rushed... especially considering they were trying to fit a full length movie into 88 minutes.

Indeed, it did show. You could tell there were large portions of a script rehashed/switched/removed, but they managed to leave just enough in so it still gave the same performance in a shorter time.

aAnubiSs
May 1st, 2004, 02:31 PM
Hopefully there's be alot of action in this one. I'm thinking about the replicators awsome ships, and they had a few hours at time*100 to advance their ships:)

Dani347
May 1st, 2004, 03:14 PM
I also found Ba'al to be much scarier than Anubis. I saw Anubis as a big bad Star Wars ripoff.

Teal'c
May 1st, 2004, 03:38 PM
If that ability to defend ourselves is permanent of course. I would hate for Earth to suddenly become immune from danger, as ever since show one the fun has been seeing how close we come to being destroyed in one way or the other!

Read the spoilers, the juice is gone! :P

Freelancer
May 1st, 2004, 05:08 PM
some more spoilers out, check the gateworld season 8 area

Vegn
May 1st, 2004, 07:57 PM
I can't wait until it premieres. I have been rewatching a lot of my favorite episodes. Season four used to be my favorite but my favorite is season seven now. I rewatched like every episode. It's a good thing some other shows I watch are finally starting to show new episodes. I'm waiting patiently. I think I'll make it. As long as I keep myself busy.

Ace
May 1st, 2004, 09:18 PM
I can't wait until it premieres. I have been rewatching a lot of my favorite episodes. Season four used to be my favorite but my favorite is season seven now. I rewatched like every episode. It's a good thing some other shows I watch are finally starting to show new episodes. I'm waiting patiently. I think I'll make it. As long as I keep myself busy.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks that Season Seven is their favorite season. Lots of complaints about season seven out there, but I believe it was the best that Stargate has had to offer yet. High hopes for the upcoming season opener and the rest of Season 8. Can't wait to see what happens!!

Spoilers for Season 8
BTW...has there been any confirmation from the writers or anyone else known to be affiliated with SG-1 that Sam will be promoted to Lt. Colonel? It's a fact that Jack will be promoted to General, but I thought the Lt. Colonel bit was still a rumor. I noticed one website stated that Joe M said she was to be promoted and I saw earlier today that on IMDB they have Sam listed as a Colonel now. Any truth to this rumor yet?

Ace

Teal'c
May 2nd, 2004, 06:29 AM
I'm pretty sure Paul Mullie told GateWorld in an interview that she will be promoted to Lt. Colonel (Where she will be commonly refered to as Colonel, as it's easier than the full-blown title :P)

Ace
May 2nd, 2004, 12:11 PM
So it's been confirmed! Really! I didn't think she was actually going to be promoted, I just thought it was some fan's wish and started a rumor.

Teal'c
May 2nd, 2004, 01:14 PM
So it's been confirmed! Really! I didn't think she was actually going to be promoted, I just thought it was some fan's wish and started a rumor.
Yeah, so did I at first, mainly because the first mention of it was with Jack's "neccessary" "double-promotion" to Major General :P

Ace
May 2nd, 2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah, so did I at first, mainly because the first mention of it was with Jack's "neccessary" "double-promotion" to Major General :P

That's exactly why I was questioning it! Especially since there is no real reason to promote Jack to Major General. They don't even know if he can handle the job yet!

If it does turn out to be true that would be something, trying to get use to calling Jack "General" and Sam "Colonel" now! :)

Ace

Izanami
May 3rd, 2004, 10:38 PM
hmmm, any news on who might play Amaterasu? *is curious lol*

spg_1983
May 8th, 2004, 11:31 AM
hey did anybody see that according to imdb.com Lord Yu is going to be back for the two parter opener? i hope he's been cured of the senility

bcmilco
May 8th, 2004, 12:17 PM
This from the GW story on this episode:

"We'll see Yu and we'll see a couple of new System Lords: Camulus and Amaterasu. Yu has fallen on hard times, and his First Prime does a lot of the speaking for him." :(

Full article here:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/episodeupdate.html#newsitem1081555044,19201,

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 01:49 PM
This from the GW story on this episode:

"We'll see Yu and we'll see a couple of new System Lords: Camulus and Amaterasu. Yu has fallen on hard times, and his First Prime does a lot of the speaking for him." :(

Full article here:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/episodeupdate.html#newsitem1081555044,19201,
And then Camulus is under the protection of Jack from Baal in Zero Hour.... things are getting strange :S

James Holland
May 8th, 2004, 05:26 PM
These Season is going to rock. The Season Finale I want to see is to be 194 minute Episode Long starting with The team blowing up the entire goa'uld race so know the sg-1 team could now go back to there orignal mission: go meeting new races. and then O'Neill and Carter admitting thier feelings for one another and then getting married.

Teal'c
May 8th, 2004, 05:50 PM
These Season is going to rock. The Season Finale I want to see is to be 194 minute Episode Long starting with The team blowing up the entire goa'uld race so know the sg-1 team could now go back to there orignal go meeting new races. and then O'Neill and Carter admitting thier feelings for one another and then getting married.
What place does ship have in this thread?! :P

DarkQuee1
May 8th, 2004, 06:22 PM
That's exactly why I was questioning it! Especially since there is no real reason to promote Jack to Major General. They don't even know if he can handle the job yet!

The only reason might be that it is felt that the position is important enough that they don't want anyone less than a major general holding it. Notice that the only three generals we have seen in command of the SGC were all major generals: West, Hammond and Bauer. If the Pentagon decides that a certainly position requires a certain rank, then, if they pick an individual to hold that position, it will promote him/her up to the necessary rank.

I'm not saying that this is what they are going to do; I'm merely offering a reason why they might.

J.

shockwave
May 9th, 2004, 01:54 AM
O'Neill will be Brigadier General, not Major General

Lord Dagda
May 10th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Yes im looking forward to seeing the Goa'uld. I thought Morrigan had great potential tho, they couldve used her in some way :D

Lil Naitch
May 10th, 2004, 05:46 AM
I really can't imagine any of the Goa'uld in series 8 living up to the threats Apophis and Anubis presented. With earths new ability to defend itself they cannot realisticly attack us. Also, there just hasn't been the time to build up the characters. In my opinion Anubis was killed off far too quickly and could have offered a strong nemesis for SG-1 in series 8. Heres only hoping he can do an Apophis. :)
Oh, I don't know. they've been building Baal up for the past three seasons, I believe. I can see him being a big threat this season.

the_fours
May 10th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Oh, I don't know. they've been building Baal up for the past three seasons, I believe. I can see him being a big threat this season.

especially since he has absorbed Anubis's drone warriors and other troops

hezie99
May 10th, 2004, 09:21 AM
yeah but if we get that weapon up and running baal wont be any threat at all since no gould can defend against it :)

which opens alot more storys for sg1 to do since they dont have to worry about there homeworld being destroyed

Elwe Singollo
May 10th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Yah.

Dani347
May 10th, 2004, 04:29 PM

Baal is way scarier than Anubis. He may be the last really good (bad) goa'uld they have.

Jeff O'Connor
May 19th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Baal is much cooler than Anubis. Although I think Anubis looked "badass" and whatnot, he really struck me as a stereotypical Sith from Star Wars. I kept wanting to shout "Don't do it Darth Maul!" but alas, that wouldn't have worked. I hope Baal plays a huge part in Season Eight, and also that the idea of some of the System Lords coming together with the SGC is true. We've knocked the Goa'uld down a few notches and it's about time we fight a battle against Baal.

KorbenDirewolf
May 19th, 2004, 12:10 PM
And after they defeat Ba'al, a new guy steps into his place and after that...

Jeff O'Connor
May 19th, 2004, 12:47 PM
And after they defeat Ba'al, a new guy steps into his place and after that...

Well of course. It's tradition! :p

the_fours
May 20th, 2004, 03:12 AM
im guessin they dont get that weapon workin again, because then it would be way too easy

tfalls1
May 20th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Well ... if they do not get the "weapon" working in some way it does not make a lot of sense to me as it seems the ancients were able to power the DHD's with a power supply able to open thousands/millions of wormholes over millions of years it would seem unlikely the power cell used by Jack would be one time only or that any advanced culture would develop weapons that were so energy intensive. Of course all of this is just quesswork until the premier :)

Teal'c
May 20th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Well ... if they do not get the "weapon" working in some way it does not make a lot of sense to me as it seems the ancients were able to power the DHD's with a power supply able to open thousands/millions of wormholes over millions of years it would seem unlikely the power cell used by Jack would be one time only or that any advanced culture would develop weapons that were so energy intensive. Of course all of this is just quesswork until the premier :)
How about, because it's out of ammo? :P See the little glowly things? Consider them to be bullets :P

tfalls1
May 20th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Yes that is likely... if an ancient had been using the lazy boy chair they could have probably destroyed all the ships with just a few of the probes but because Jack didn't really know what he was doing he launched them all.

Darren
May 21st, 2004, 09:57 AM
Very cool casting news on the System Lord Camulus!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/actorwatch.html#newsitem1085158468,44132,

Swiss Toni
May 21st, 2004, 02:56 PM
My worry is that we've only had about two Gou'ald centred episodes so far, with only 11 more to go, Then that will be it! They've got to rap things up pretty quickly. We've also had no Asgaurd, Ancient or Tok'ra stories. There isn't much time left...

Teal'c
May 21st, 2004, 04:38 PM
The Asgard are in this episode! :P

The Ancients are in Atlantis.

And did you see Death Knell? :P

Anyway, who likes the theory that Major Coburn was captured offworld and taken as a host? :P (Would explain why he's there in Zero Hour, maybe :P)

DarkQuee1
May 21st, 2004, 06:30 PM
Yes that is likely... if an ancient had been using the lazy boy chair they could have probably destroyed all the ships with just a few of the probes but because Jack didn't really know what he was doing he launched them all.

There's no basis for that assumption. By the time Jack was in that chair, he *was* an Ancient, and I think he knew exactly what he was doing. We see before that point that Jack had reached a point where his *conscious* mind was aware of his knowledge, not just his *unconscious* mind: on the ship, Jack is able to tell Daniel that what he's building is a device to bore through the ice so that they can ring down. In earlier stages, he would never have been able to say that, because there would have been a disconnect. That scene on the ship tells us that the two have merged completely and Jack has really become as close to a living Ancient as possible (the ability to heal also indicated that).

If the device is truly "out of ammo", we have to remember that the Antarctica gate was at least 3 million years old and that the DHD for it also finally ran out of power. Jack's use of the weapon may well have been its last hurrah.

J.

Swiss Toni
May 22nd, 2004, 01:07 AM
The Asgard are in this episode! :P

The Ancients are in Atlantis.

And did you see Death Knell? :P

Anyway, who likes the theory that Major Coburn was captured offworld and taken as a host? :P (Would explain why he's there in Zero Hour, maybe :P)

Are they? Sorry i wasn't aware of that. Is Thor back? ;)

Thor
June 13th, 2004, 11:08 AM
(Moderator snip ... please visit http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/message/11827 for the original spoiler report)

Get all the information in english at Stargate-Project:
http://www.sg-atlantis.info/stargate/index.php?seite=artikel&aktion=show&ID=131

Jafana
June 13th, 2004, 08:10 PM

BEWARE! Major spoilers at this site.

Teal'c
June 16th, 2004, 04:15 AM
(Moderator snip ... please visit http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme/message/11827 for the original spoiler report)

Erm, you just took that information from Deb Walsh at SG1_Spoilme and gave a tiny little link saying source? You're making it seem as if you saw it, not her!

Wass
June 16th, 2004, 06:35 AM
I know the source you are refering to Teal'c but from what i read there are few people who have seen the New order and Rising already so Thor could be one of them.

prion
June 16th, 2004, 08:58 AM
I know the source you are refering to Teal'c but from what i read there are few people who have seen the New order and Rising already so Thor could be one of them.

Thor did not see the episode as he did not get the material to watch. As already pointed out, Deb Walsh obtained the episode, watched it and wrote the synopsis. Unfortunately Thor did not ask permission to repost the synopsis, nor did he bother to cite his source. Since Thor is on this forum (obviously) he should remove the information from his site.

Thor
June 16th, 2004, 09:49 AM
I've linked to the source but anyway, I removed the information.

ascended
June 16th, 2004, 01:27 PM
cool

Teal'c
June 18th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Well, I suppose it could be possible he also received the press review copies and wrote the same article word for word :P

Elwe Singollo
June 18th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Yah, anyone (but not legally hehe) can just look at a rare article that is practically new and unread by most of the public and rewrite the article, changing a few letters or so ;p

tfalls1
June 26th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Spoilers- New Order

Did anyone else see the the Kilborne show interview with RDA.... they showed a clip from New Order of Jack using his Ancient designed "ray gun" on one of the male replicators .. it was pretty awsome..Thor was very funny hiding behind something while Jack did the fighting...

Elwe Singollo
June 26th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Jack looked kind of '?' after he shot the weapon, like he didn't know what it was, how do u know it was ancient?

Thor
June 26th, 2004, 02:37 PM
because spoilers said so :P

Elwe Singollo
June 26th, 2004, 02:48 PM
because spoilers said so :Pshh...! Haha...

Teal'c
June 27th, 2004, 04:55 PM
I liked how it didn't make the standard cool energy weapon sound... that or VisFX hadn't finished that scene just in time :P

The weapon looks so funky though! :P