This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favourite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Mini-Series

What's your favourite sci-fi/fantasy mini-series? Also is that remake of The Thing still in production at Sci-Fi?

Taken?
    FareScape: Peacekeeper war will prolly be good
    The 4400 looks interesting.

Comment

The New Battlestar Galactica

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        Yes, that was really good.

Comment

V. That was just really great television.

V: The Final Battle, wasn't as good - but still was enjoyable enough to watch

Comment

The final battle was good in the sense that it set us up for the series. I loved BSG (N) way better than the old version.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
              That was mine too. Cain't wait unitl the series come out next year.

Comment

That's almost difficult to answer because I recall loving some sci-fi miniseries from when I was young, but I don't necessarilly remember their names because I haven't seen them since! And then I'm not sure if they were movies or miniseries.

That I can remember,
                Both V series
                Amerika
                New Battlestar Galactica
                Both Dunes
                (So far) The 4400

Comment

I think The Shining and the Storm of the Century are pretty cool. Battlestar Galactica was pretty awesome as well.

Comment

I've always heard The Shining was scary, but what exactly is the movie about?
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I haven't seen the movie, but the mini-series is about a family becoming caretakers of a hotel during winter. The resorts snowed in so there are no guests. The hotel has a pretty screwed up past and is inhabited by ghosts. The main character slowly starts going crazy and tries to kill his family. His son has this ability called 'the shining' that allows him to talk with others with 'the shining' in his mind. It's pretty cool. The mini-series is worth tracking down.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                        I've always heard The Shining was scary, but what exactly is the movie about?
                        READ THE BOOK! It's better than either the film or the mini, although Kubrick's film was very good.
                        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                        once done, cannot be undone...
                        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                          I think The Shining and the Storm of the Century are pretty cool.

You must work for The Sci-Fi channel The Shining is horror not sci-fi or fantasy.

I never saw the miniseries. I saw the movie when I was a kid and it completely freaked me out. I had a nightmare that my birth father came and chopped me & my sister up w/an axe! I slept in my mother's room for a week. She wasn't too happy that my older siblings had let me watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                            READ THE BOOK! It's better than either the film or the mini, although Kubrick's film was very good.
                            Wasn't it about... A hotel, and how the dad went crazy, and their child was running away, and blah blah blah. The dad saw like ghosts or something that told him what to do, but i think i'm confusing that with something else...
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123
                              You must work for The Sci-Fi channel The Shining is horror not sci-fi or fantasy.
                              Good point.

Comment

Working...
                              X