This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUPERNATURAL: Personal Experiences

Okay. Not sure where to start this thread but since we talk about the show in this forum I figured it would be okay.

I thought it would be cool to hear personal supernatural, paranormal, or just plain creepy experiences from all of you out there. Even stories that weren't so creepy (some cool supernatural things can happen that don't really freak you out at all.)

Non-believers are also welcome to post their opinions. (Just keep it nice please )
    Andromeda Fate
    Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
    "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
    "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
    "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
    "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Only thing I can think of is when I was little and lived on my Grandparents' farm. There property was located over one of the worst mining disasters in the US. It happened in 1908 (the year my Grandma was born) in Monongah, WV. From what I remember over 1000 coal miners were killed in the cave-in.

Well...what I used to see was what looked like a person walking past the kitchen windows. Whoever it was, was in a black cloak. I would only see this during the day time. So, I don't know what or who it was. My Grandma would tell me, "Its just the dog!" I didn't see how a dog that was only 20 inches at the shoulders could be see at the level of the windows...especially since they were more than 20 inches off the ground.

So...there it is.
    sigpic

Comment

How old were you when you saw that?

I havn't really had many creepy experiences. I've had some cool ones though.
      One of my favorites I guess could be called a second hand experience.

Towards the end of my Great Grammy's life she would see people who weren't there. Most of the time we dismissed it but other times she would seem completely lucid and would say that her husband or brother had visited her.
      One time we were sitting in the living room during one of her good days. We were having a completely normal conversation (we knew when she was having a bad day because our conversation would have been about the government trying to get or she would yell at us for sitting on the non existent babies on the couch). Anyways, all of a sudden she looked at me and said, "I was talking to my mother the other day and shes heard you sing. She thinks you can make it." (My great great Grammy had died before I was born. She was an opera singer on the stage.) The whole living room was silent. I didn't know what to say. I was just like, "cool."
      Anyways I just thought that was kind of cool to think that my great great grandmother liked to hear me sing.
      Andromeda Fate
      Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
      "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
      "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
      "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
      "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Well...I would say I was between the ages of 5 and 8 when I saw the figures.

Oh as for second hand stuff...Neither one of my parents smoke (thank God). However, two of our relatives were heavy smokers, and there are times when my Mom will smell cigarette smoke. She feels that the phantom smell is either my Uncle Bob or my Aunt Anna.

Back in 1995 after my Grandma passed away...I would smell her perfume (very strongly) in my apartment. I had received some of her furniture after she'd passed on, and I thought maybe it was coming from the cloth of the furniture. But when you'd smell it...it didn't have the scent of the perfume.
        sigpic

Comment

i have seen figures on the side of roads, i look back and they are gone, it could be just that i was tired and id not focused on the road to well for a single moment as i shot by.

i have had more feelings than sightings, sometimes i get the feeling around people many of which i haven't met before and they act all nice but i get a really disturbing feeling around them, i can look at people in the eyes as i dont feel afraid but sometimes i look at some people and i feel pure hatred or that they are hiding something and real feeling of nastyness, on the other hand i feel around other people that they are good even when they dont act like it, some people for whatever reason sometimes act nasty or seem selfish only because they want to be but i cant feel or sense in a way that they are good and other most of the time i cant feel when people are sad and angry but never happy?????

so people still say i am a good judge of character and i cant smell a lie straight away but must be near to them, its really odd but it dosent work on all people but its probably my imagination that coupled with the fact i have been fairly lucky at guessing but who knows i will never go for a test as i will be locked up for ever and experimented on, maybe somewhere down the line my family tree descends from another planet where people can read minds hehe only kidding i guess its not really supernatural but it is odd indeed!!??
          For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Gotta say, I get the feeling I'm not alone all the time.
            IT seems to happen at night, when I'm sitting in my lounge room playing PS2.
            All of a sudden, I get the feeling that something is behind me.
            SOmetimes, the image of a hand reaching over the back of the couch and grabbing my arm or leg pops into my mind so strongly I"m waiting for it to happen.

Whether it's just my brain playing tricks or not, I can't say.

Comment

When I was in the RAF I regularly worked in the old control tower at RAF Barkston Heath. What a creepy place...everyone was freaked out by it. Far too many funny things happened there. Generally speaking airfields are spooky places, especially at night when your out there on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                i have seen figures on the side of roads, i look back and they are gone, it could be just that i was tired and id not focused on the road to well for a single moment as i shot by.

i have had more feelings than sightings, sometimes i get the feeling around people many of which i haven't met before and they act all nice but i get a really disturbing feeling around them, i can look at people in the eyes as i dont feel afraid but sometimes i look at some people and i feel pure hatred or that they are hiding something and real feeling of nastyness, on the other hand i feel around other people that they are good even when they dont act like it, some people for whatever reason sometimes act nasty or seem selfish only because they want to be but i cant feel or sense in a way that they are good and other most of the time i cant feel when people are sad and angry but never happy?????

so people still say i am a good judge of character and i cant smell a lie straight away but must be near to them, its really odd but it dosent work on all people but its probably my imagination that coupled with the fact i have been fairly lucky at guessing but who knows i will never go for a test as i will be locked up for ever and experimented on, maybe somewhere down the line my family tree descends from another planet where people can read minds hehe only kidding i guess its not really supernatural but it is odd indeed!!??
                Well...I think it sounds more interesting than "odd." Its always nice to have a keen sense.
                sigpic

Comment

well im a psion, which is basicly a person who studies energy of the mind and body to use. So i suppose by that definition its an experience, more specificly ive dont empathy to some degree, psi balls ( lots, cos its not that hard), ive done asteral projection/OBE's, and well then there was that one time where i did a wiji board.
                  so yeah ive got lots of paranormal experience.
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                    well im a psion, which is basicly a person who studies energy of the mind and body to use. So i suppose by that definition its an experience, more specificly ive dont empathy to some degree, psi balls ( lots, cos its not that hard), ive done asteral projection/OBE's, and well then there was that one time where i did a wiji board.
                    so yeah ive got lots of paranormal experience.
                    Maybe you could share some of your specific experiences with us.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X