• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Superman Resurrects Brando

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33303

How Superman Resurrects Brando

Bryan Singer, producer-director of the upcoming Superman Returns, told SCI FI Wire that he used every trick in the book to resurrect the late Marlon Brando and include him in the film as Jor-El. Brando played the role of Superman's father in director Richard Donner's original 1978 Superman movie. He died in July 2004 at the age of 80.
    sigpic

You see, I don't get that. The guy died... Can't there be another actor who will play Jor-El?

Comment

I don't know, I think its kinda cool. Mixing the old and the new. Can't wait to see it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I think he wants people to see this as a continuation from the previous Superman movies rather than a remake.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
          I think he wants people to see this as a continuation from the previous Superman movies rather than a remake.
          I'd have to agree with you on that one.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
            You see, I don't get that. The guy died... Can't there be another actor who will play Jor-El?
            NO!!!

Well...I'm not sure how 'ressurrecting' Mr Brando would really work in a new movie...I'd rather they had Brando 'do it' rather than some new person...but oh well.
            TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

It's just that, Marlon Brando died and putting him back into the picture is a little disrespectful... Don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                It's just that, Marlon Brando died and putting him back into the picture is a little disrespectful... Don't you think?
                Not really, it could easily be seen seen as a tribute. I guess it depends in the manner in which it's done.

Can only decide once the movie has been released.

Comment

Why would they have Marlon Brando, and not Christopher Reeve? If it is truly a tribute, or a bridge between old & new, shouldn't there be more original characters?

Comment

Using Christopher Reeve would be impractical since he was Superman, they've already cast their Clark Kent, using footage of Christopher Reeve might confuse the audience.

Plus the article says they used old footage and dialogue from ADR sessions, piecing those together for a minute of Jor-el would be easier than entire movie of Christopher Reeve as Superman.

Comment

Working...
                    X