PDA

View Full Version : Who to Interview Next??

David
April 29th, 2004, 02:16 AM
Who would you like to see us interview next? Let your voice be heard with this poll!

GateGipsy
April 29th, 2004, 02:23 AM
I've voted for Richard Dean Anderson, although some of the new Atlantis bods would be good too.

David
April 29th, 2004, 02:24 AM
I will be updating this poll with new characters every time we shell out a new interview to see the various responses from the Web :)

David
April 29th, 2004, 04:55 AM
I realized having RDA on there would have been unfair to the others since, obviously, most everyone want him the most! lol.

Shipperahoy
April 29th, 2004, 08:19 AM
I would love to read an interview with Tom McBeath. I love him! Maybe not as much as MC does but I still love him.

Major Clanger
April 29th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Who would you like to see us interview next? Let your voice be heard with this poll!
HARRY!!!

Shipperahoy
April 29th, 2004, 10:24 AM
HARRY!!!

Why didn't I see that coming? ;)

Major Clanger
April 29th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Why didn't I see that coming? ;)
because you were looking out of the window for the postman?

Madeleine
April 29th, 2004, 11:11 AM
Definitely Harry. I want to know whether he's in s8, and I want him to know that there are people eagerly wanting to know if he'll be in s8.

David
April 29th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I'm writing all this down ...

GateGipsy
April 30th, 2004, 04:54 AM
you know what I'd really like - more interviews with the behind the scenes staff.

David
April 30th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Well for a while there that's all we did, so I tried to do a little rebound. My job is more of the audio interviews, and you're probably more inclined to hear a conversation with Harry Maybourne, then say, Best Boy Grip.

GateGipsy
April 30th, 2004, 09:16 AM
hmmmm well I've seen Tom (aka Maybourne on stage) but I've always been curious about those Dolly Best Boy Grips...

David
April 30th, 2004, 09:23 AM
I'm all for doing text interviews, but only audio interviews for people we've seen regularly. They are special deals.

majorsal
April 30th, 2004, 10:50 PM

I wouldn't mind reading the thoughts of the stunt doubles of the cast, especially Amanda's and Rick's. But, all of their stunt doubles would be interesting to read. I could image they'd have a lot of juicy things to say. :p

Sally :)

Hatusu
April 30th, 2004, 11:42 PM
you know what I'd really like - more interviews with the behind the scenes staff.
Yes!! They are the most interesting! I'd also love to hear from Carmen A. and Tony Amendola. I just see them arrive through the gate and I smile. :o

Hatusu
April 30th, 2004, 11:51 PM
Remember, not all of us get to the conventions. Interview anyone you can get! The stand-ins are nice, too, but if you want good stuff, interview the Teamsters.

I looked at my post and realized how late it is. Good night.

Major Clanger
May 1st, 2004, 12:19 AM
Glad to see Harry is still up there in the lead...

Teal'c
May 1st, 2004, 01:37 AM
Go MiniJack! :D

ShadowMaat
May 1st, 2004, 08:42 AM
David Hewlett!! Love him to pieces. ;) Would love to see what insights he has into the show and into his character.

Anna-Louise would be nice, from the ones listed.

Ken Phelan, of course. Luke!! :D Gotta love him, too. hehe

Courtenay Stevens, anyone? Oooo, and Joe Flanigan. Dan Shea must've been interviewed at some point, right? Patrick McKenna. Patrick Currie.

Any of the non-major system lords. Morrigan, Kali, Olokun, SVAROG...

keshou
May 1st, 2004, 08:56 AM
Of the ones listed I voted for Anna-Louise Plowman, because I was a big fan of Osiris. I'd love interviews with all the main cast, of course, and would like to hear from the new Atlantis people (since we know almost nothing about them). David Hewlett would be great and Joe Flanigan and the gal who's playing Teyla.

I also am interested in hearing from the behind-the-scenes people....makeup, set decorators, any of the directors (maybe Andy Mikita on directing Heroes would be fun), music, costumers, VFX people, etc. I'd love to see an interview with the new visual effects supervisor (replacing James Tichenor)

Interviewing the stunt doubles is a fab idea (from majorsal) ! Dan Shea would be great.

I'd also like to see interviews with some of the writers we haven't heard from much (like Damien Kindler).

David
May 1st, 2004, 09:28 AM
Atlantis people WILL BE COVERED. I can guarantee it. Totally. I'm so excited. But I'm mum :(

angsty_otaku
May 1st, 2004, 10:03 AM
hmm rda, tom mcbeath, michael welch (who is quite cute :-p) and dan shea ...that would make my day :-)

David
May 1st, 2004, 10:05 AM
Dan Shea, love him to death, is not very animated. It would take a lot to get him going. Next time I talk with Brigitte, Stargate's public coordinator, I will ask.

ShadowMaat
May 1st, 2004, 12:51 PM
But I'm mum :(

You are?? Hi, Mum! :p

David
May 1st, 2004, 01:03 PM
oh jeez ... :S

ShadowMaat
May 1st, 2004, 01:12 PM
oh jeez ... :S

Hey, you left yourself wiiiiide open for that one! ;)

Dan Shea seemed to be having lots of fun in his panel with... er... Michael Greenberg, I think. But maybe he's just better when he has someone to play off of. *shrug*

How 'bout Christian Bocher? WX's Daniel Clone. hehe. Or Grogan. Love Grogan, too. And Lt. Simmons. And the guy who smacked Teal'c with the door in WOO. Imhotep?

Lord Loz
May 1st, 2004, 01:34 PM
Villians always give the best interviews. Attempting to convince us theyre not really all that bad :rolleyes:

So Osiris then :cool:

dipsofjazz
May 1st, 2004, 02:00 PM
It's got to be Harry. Is he going to be in S8? :confused:
I'd also like an interview with Thor!!

aAnubiSs
May 1st, 2004, 02:33 PM
Tom McBeath for sure.

David
May 1st, 2004, 02:56 PM
I do plan on contacting good 'ole Tom, but have not done so yet :)

Slainte
May 1st, 2004, 04:44 PM
Tom McBeath, of course. Will he be back in S8? (Fingers crossed.)
Second choice is Anna-Louise Plowman.
Slainte gg

aAnubiSs
May 1st, 2004, 05:30 PM
Tom McBeath, of course. Will he be back in S8? (Fingers crossed.)
Second choice is Anna-Louise Plowman.
Slainte gg

I sure hope he'll be back.

TameFarrar
May 1st, 2004, 10:09 PM
My vote definitely went for Good Ole Harry...He has GOT to have some of the funniest behaind the scenes stories and just all around stuff from working with all of the cast and in so many different storylines.

Harry is the man!! :D

bcmilco
May 1st, 2004, 10:16 PM
I really like Harry/Tom, and would love to see him interviewed. I'd also really like to see Anna-Louise Plowman interviewed!! But we could only vote for 1 :(

Osiris
May 2nd, 2004, 02:26 AM
Anna-Louise Plowman!!! She's so great!

David
May 2nd, 2004, 03:53 AM
Anna-Louise Plowman!!! She's so great!

I could NOT agree more !!

Scarym1
May 2nd, 2004, 12:39 PM
I'm writing all this down ...
Colin Cunningham, Martin Hewlitt (Mckay), Joe Mallozzi, PDL, Robert C. Cooper.

Martin Wood.

Did you get all that? ;)

Scarym1
May 2nd, 2004, 12:41 PM
How about Ronny Cox? I would love to hear his take on Kinsey!! I hope he is back in S8.

David
May 2nd, 2004, 02:30 PM
How about Ronny Cox? I would love to hear his take on Kinsey!! I hope he is back in S8.

We have talked to Ronny and he has answers for those questions!
http://www.gateworld.net/articles/interviews/cox01.shtml :)

David
May 2nd, 2004, 02:30 PM
Colin Cunningham, Martin Hewlitt (Mckay), Joe Mallozzi, PDL, Robert C. Cooper.

Martin Wood.

Did you get all that? ;)

Those are out of my control. If you tickle Darren's feet, you might get more out :)

Sam_o_Neill
May 3rd, 2004, 05:21 AM
I voted Tom Macbeth, i'd love to know if he was going to be coming back for Season 8!

It would also be great to do an interview with some of the stunt doubles like someone said near the start of the thread...

jenniferhailey
May 3rd, 2004, 10:30 AM
I voted for Michael Welch but I'd also love to see:

Tobias Mehler
Sebastian Spense
Roger R Cross
David Hewlett
Katie Stuart

to name a few...

tera'ngan
May 3rd, 2004, 06:51 PM
Well, I voted for Tom, and would love to hear/read an interview with him, but I've gotta say that Colin Cunningham is a CLOSE second. Any reason he didn't make it on the list? Have you guys done an interview with him in the last couple years? I don't think I remember reading anything . . .

LOL, I crack up everytime I see him being so serious in his USAF uniform now that I've seen him in "Best in Show!" :D

-tera'ngan

waterfall
May 3rd, 2004, 07:44 PM
I voted for Harry,but I would also like to see an interview with Dan Shea(Siler). :D

xathras
May 3rd, 2004, 07:47 PM
Colin Cunningham is a CLOSE second. <snip> I crack up everytime I see him being so serious in his USAF uniform now that I've seen him in "Best in Show!"
Wait 'til you see him in thigh high stockings and briefs :D:D:D.

daxterdd
May 3rd, 2004, 08:21 PM
I voted for Suanne Braun but I would be very happy with any of the first three.

crono2004
May 4th, 2004, 10:53 AM
David Palffy, i would love to hear his perspective of being the man behind the ini event horizon, lol. Anna-Louise Plowman would also be cool, either way they both will be great to hear abou

tera'ngan
May 4th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Wait 'til you see him in thigh high stockings and briefs :D:D:D.

And what must a girl do to see that?

-tera'ngan

Anthro Girl
May 4th, 2004, 11:09 PM
I voted for "Other" (RDA would be a treat), but Harry...or Anna-Louise...or Mr. Greenburg's assistant! Anyone! :D They're great interviews. Thanks for doing them!

DownFallAngel
May 5th, 2004, 11:33 AM
My top 3 would be:

1. SG-1, other than Amanda Tapping.

2. Anubis, yea the actual "god", not the actor that portrays him. (Joke. The actor would be cool.)

3. Hammond. (I wonder what is going to happen to him since he is not the SGC General anymore. :eek: )

4. If top three aren't avalible, Salmek/Jacob Carter.

Ugly Pig
May 5th, 2004, 11:41 AM
You know, someone I'd really like to see interviewed would be Joel Goldsmith, the composer... His music really adds so much to the show, but it's something one might just not realize too often while watching... And he's been with the show since the beginning, too. :)

ShadowMaat
May 5th, 2004, 12:12 PM
You know, someone I'd really like to see interviewed would be Joel Goldsmith, the composer... His music really adds so much to the show, but it's something one might just not realize too often while watching... And he's been with the show since the beginning, too. :)

I could go for that... find out how he chooses which pieces/instruments go with what characters/scenes. Might be interesting.

KorbenDirewolf
May 5th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Gotta do Palffy at some point.. Anyone who's been more than one System Lord has got to have something to day

David
May 6th, 2004, 03:04 PM

I would LOVE to interview Joel Goldsmith for you. Thanks for that suggestion - have not thought of him in a while!

ShadowMaat
May 6th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Interview yourself, David. ;) Ask really rude personal questions and try to think up things no one has ever asked you before but you've always wanted to have asked. See what makes this wacky interviewer dude tick. Uncover his darkest secrets. See what he's got planned next and how cool it is to interview all these ubercool people. :D

David
May 6th, 2004, 07:25 PM
I'm afraid all you'd uncover is a diehard workoholic who has no life but school, work, jogging, work, Stargate, and work.

ShadowMaat
May 6th, 2004, 07:32 PM
I'm afraid all you'd uncover is a diehard workoholic who has no life but school, work, jogging, work, Stargate, and work.

So I see from the "Occupations" thread. :P In that case, you could always make stuff up. Not like most of us would know the difference. ;) Racecar driver, part-time spy, still working on that cure for cancer...

David
May 6th, 2004, 07:40 PM
I'm really working hard to make enough for myself to leave this region of the country, one that thinks it is at the absolute center of the universe. I want out.

KorbenDirewolf
May 7th, 2004, 12:16 AM
I'm really working hard to make enough for myself to leave this region of the country, one that thinks it is at the absolute center of the universe. I want out.
:confused: Hate to be the one to say this, but southern IL is the center.

Supreme Commander Thor
May 7th, 2004, 12:19 AM
Osiris for sure... she gets my Asgard blood flowing!

ShadowMaat
May 7th, 2004, 03:36 AM
:confused: Hate to be the one to say this, but southern IL is the center.

Actually, the center is about 4 miles west of Lebanon, KS (http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Lobby/3162/HiPlains/GeoCenter/hiplains_geocenter.htm). :P

bcmilco
May 7th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Last time I checked The universe didn't revolve around southern IL or Lebanon, KS. :p which is what David original said.

Shipperahoy
May 7th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Well apparently the universe revolves around Yorkshire. Or so I've been told time and time again. There is Yorkshire and the suburbs of Yorkshire. :p

Love you MC. :D

ShadowMaat
May 7th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Last time I checked The universe didn't revolve around southern IL or Lebanon, KS. :p which is what David original said.

That's what YOU think. :P

It's the center of the continental US, anyway. And since the US thinks that it's the center of the universe than the center of the center is Lebanon, KS. :D

Alaska and Hawaii don't count because they're inconvenient... :P

bcmilco
May 7th, 2004, 02:06 PM
It's the center of the continental US, anyway. And since the US thinks that it's the center of the universe than the center of the center is Lebanon, KS. :D

Alaska and Hawaii don't count because they're inconvenient... :P

The universe can't revolve around some nothing town in the middle of nowhere because it most certainly revolves around me. :p

DownFallAngel
May 7th, 2004, 04:09 PM
So I guess this means we agreed on Anubis to interview next?

CROWD: HELL NA!

Asgard
May 7th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Would love to see Anne Louise Plowman, loved her as a love interest for daniel and as osiris.

ShadowMaat
May 7th, 2004, 05:15 PM
The universe can't revolve around some nothing town in the middle of nowhere because it most certainly revolves around me. :p

Actually, the point is about four miles outside of town, so it isn't really about the town, per se, they're just cashing in on it. ;)

You can be the center if you want. I perfer to be on the fringes since it lets me get away with more stuff. If you're always in the middle of things, always have the spotlights shining on you, if it's always about YOU, then that means all the bad stuff is yours, too. It's all your fault!! :P

I still say someone should track down Ken Phelan and interview him. I, for one, wanna know what REALLY makes Luke tick. :D

bcmilco
May 7th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Actually, the point is about four miles outside of town, so it isn't really about the town, per se, they're just cashing in on it. ;)

Don't confuse me with details :p

You can be the center if you want. I perfer to be on the fringes since it lets me get away with more stuff. If you're always in the middle of things, always have the spotlights shining on you, if it's always about YOU, then that means all the bad stuff is yours, too. It's all your fault!! :P

Actually sentrifugal force dictates that all the s*** flies to the outter fringes :p

I still say someone should track down Ken Phelan and interview him. I, for one, wanna know what REALLY makes Luke tick. :D

I wouldn't mind that, and just because she has no votes I'll put in a good word for Danielle Nicolet (Reese)

ShadowMaat
May 7th, 2004, 05:24 PM
By that token, I'll cast a vote for her AND for Oma. :)

But Ken first. :P

Ugly Pig
May 8th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I would LOVE to interview Joel Goldsmith for you. Thanks for that suggestion - have not thought of him in a while!
Yay! :)

Blue Streak
May 9th, 2004, 03:23 PM
I definitely want an interview with Joel Goldsmith. I already know some questions I want to ask.

- Blue Streak

Ace
May 12th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Have we had an interview with Corin Nemec? I wouldn't mind finally getting an interview from him! :-)

Ace

ShadowMaat
May 12th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Have we had an interview with Corin Nemec? I wouldn't mind finally getting an interview from him! :-)

That would be depressing. Really depressing. Especially since there are no current plans for Jonas to ever be seen or heard from again. At least not on the show. :(

Elwe Singollo
May 12th, 2004, 09:09 PM
OMG, they better 'start' making plans, or else i'll fall into a deep deep denial, because i want some old people to return dam*nit! Daniel/Jonas SCENES!

Shipperahoy
May 12th, 2004, 09:49 PM
OMG, they better 'start' making plans, or else i'll fall into a deep deep denial, because i want some old people to return dam*nit! Daniel/Jonas SCENES!

You're not the only one sweetie. It would especially be nice if Jonas returns for a multiple episode arc because as an added bonus I would then get to see Shadow dressed up as a Gou'ald. :D

ShadowMaat
May 13th, 2004, 03:49 AM
It would especially be nice if Jonas returns for a multiple episode arc because as an added bonus I would then get to see Shadow dressed up as a Gou'ald. :D

Unless you blackmail TPTB, it's never gonna happen. :P Face it, they hate him.

LateFan
May 13th, 2004, 05:25 AM
Harry would be awesome. I would love to see a Harry/Jack episode. Honestly though, anyone involved with the show who has not been interviewed.

David
May 13th, 2004, 08:41 AM

Ace

I've been in touch with Corin's agent ...

David
May 13th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Harry would be awesome. I would love to see a Harry/Jack episode. Honestly though, anyone involved with the show who has not been interviewed.

I'm juggling a bunch of different people right now, most have been green-lit. I'll be honest, though, we've got WAY too many interviews on our plate. Overflow! Yay!! (screaming down a waterslide with a huge wave at the stern)

LateFan
May 13th, 2004, 08:51 AM
I'm juggling a bunch of different people right now, most have been green-lit. I'll be honest, though, we've got WAY too many interviews on our plate. Overflow! Yay!! (screaming down a waterslide with a huge wave at the stern)

I am all a tingle. :) Great to hear that there so much to look forward too.

SeaBee
May 16th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Gotta go for Tom McBeath. I think he would be a scream, by all accounts he's got a great sense of humour, and is a really nice guy.

Slainte
May 17th, 2004, 10:10 AM
What about Pierre Bernard? After the the segments on Conan and playing MSgt. O'Brien, Pierre would probably have lots to say about his trip to Bridge Studios, meeting cast and crew and being a fan who actually gets to be on screen.

keshou
May 26th, 2004, 02:02 AM
What about Pierre Bernard? After the the segments on Conan and playing MSgt. O'Brien, Pierre would probably have lots to say about his trip to Bridge Studios, meeting cast and crew and being a fan who actually gets to be on screen.
Hee! You're way ahead of me. I just came in to post the suggestion of interviewing Pierre. I'd *love* to hear some more of the behind the scenes stuff and how they conceived the segment. Apparently they shot a ton of footage they didn't use.

shockwave
May 28th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Anna Louise Plowman and Mini-Jack

flynn1959
May 28th, 2004, 01:47 PM
How about the guy who smokes all the cigaretes and then gives the empty packets to the" Writers" so they can have something the right size to write the scripts on.

Ace
May 29th, 2004, 02:53 PM

Excellent... :D

Ace

ShadowMaat
May 29th, 2004, 03:08 PM
How about this VFX Breakspear dude who's been posting here? He seems like a friendly enough bloke...

Asgard
May 29th, 2004, 08:45 PM

Thats great, glad to hear it. Would love to get his opinion on how we was dropped from season 7. :(

ShadowMaat
May 29th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Thats great, glad to hear it. Would love to get his opinion on how we was dropped from season 7. :(
He'll say, "That's the nature of the game in Hollywood." It's what he's been saying in interviews. Very nice, very professional, no snide remarks although maybe a tinge of regret for things not working out...

Nolamom
May 30th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Refreshing to have someone in the acting biz to be a complete gentleman about everything. He would be justified (in my opinion) to make a FEW cutting remarks about his treatment.
Nmom

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 07:51 AM
Refreshing to have someone in the acting biz to be a complete gentleman about everything. He would be justified (in my opinion) to make a FEW cutting remarks about his treatment.
Ah, but he has FANS to do it for him! ;)

Anubis
June 3rd, 2004, 01:23 AM
I think it would be just great to get a interview with all the SG-1 team members. So far there's only Amanda Tapping. We need the other three. And let's not forget Corin Nemac

David
June 3rd, 2004, 02:27 PM
I think it would be just great to get a interview with all the SG-1 team members. So far there's only Amanda Tapping. We need the other three. And let's not forget Corin Nemac
I will say that I have been busting to keep some knowledge from spilling out in this forum. Let me just say that you will NOT be dissapointed with some of the guests we have for audio/standard interviews coming up. I am TREMENDOUSLY excited ... GateWorld is undeniably the place to be right now.

Bagpuss
June 6th, 2004, 04:20 AM
Darned straight,David! :D

Keep up the good work! :D

Must say I've really enjoyed all the previous interviews, you/GW have done with the Show Stars,so I'm really looking forward to the next batch! :cool:

David
June 11th, 2004, 07:00 AM
The Interview poll has been re-opened and updated. Thanks to everyone who has already cast their vote!

ShadowMaat
June 11th, 2004, 07:47 AM
The Interview poll has been re-opened and updated. Thanks to everyone who has already cast their vote!
Er... where is the updated poll? I'm still getting the results for the old one on this thread and I don't see anything on the GW main page... Or am I supposed to clear my cache to see the new poll?

You did include the guy who plays Luke, right?? ;)

David
June 11th, 2004, 02:11 PM
It's been updated so that you can no longer vote for people we've already talked with.

June 11th, 2004, 06:57 PM
well that's good....but when will Tom McBeath (Maybourne) agree to be interviewed...he has the most votes

David
June 11th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Anything is possible, considering I have not asked him yet. But he's up there on the list, believe me. :)

June 12th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Good good...because i'm really interested...i'd be really thankful if you got his interview!!! Anyway, to whoever's responsible, when is the Anibus' 3rd part will be up and runing? Is it like, new one every week?

David
June 12th, 2004, 03:09 PM
I'm sure it will be up very quickly. We have a special one lined right behind it that everyone will love.

ShadowMaat
June 12th, 2004, 04:21 PM
I'm sure it will be up very quickly. We have a special one lined right behind it that everyone will love.
An interview with the guy who smacked Teal'c with the door in WOO?? Cool! ;)

David
June 12th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Someone very significant :)

keshou
June 12th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Someone very significant :)

You're such a tease. RDA, right?

What I really like about this series of interviews is:

* The Q&A format. I like straight questions, followed by the full answers. It allows for the inclusion of everything that the interviewer and interviewee says. No leaving out siginificant chunks of the interview that provide context, no skewing by the interviewer towards their personal interests, no editorial comments.

* Audio and transcripts of the interview. If you need to hear voice inflection you have it. Very nice.

Looking forward to the end of David Palffy's interview and "someone very significant".

I'd also love to hear from Don Davis sometime. And the guy playing "Fifth".

David
June 12th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Patrick Currie, yes, great actor. Did Eamon in "Space Race" and Chaka in "Enemy Mine." Definitely someone I'm interested in getting ahold of.

Skewing, in this context, is kind of vital to the interview process. If there is just Question, Answer, Question, Answer, then it makes it really cold and uncomforterble for the interviewee. It's important to follow up to some answers posed with further questions. Otherwise they have no reason to think you really care about what they have to say. When you're not sitting accross a table with someone, smiling and nodding back, you need to be more accessible to them so that they will open up to you, and thus, deliver better, more thought-out and considerate answers. Most of the time.

For instance, David Palffy talks about something that really turned my head at the beginning of Part Three. I ran with it with another unexpected question based on what he said, and that's why, IMO, Part 3 is the best segment in the Palffy interview series. We get deeply into what makes Anubis tick, and it wouldn't have been there had I said "OK, good! Next!"

You'll soon see what I mean.

keshou
June 12th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Skewing, in this context, is kind of vital to the interview process. If there is just Question, Answer, Question, Answer, then it makes it really cold and uncomforterble for the interviewee. It's important to follow up to some answers posed with further questions. Otherwise they have no reason to think you really care about what they have to say. When you're not sitting accross a table with someone, smiling and nodding back, you need to be more accessible to them so that they will open up to you, and thus, deliver better, more thought-out and considerate answers. Most of the time.

Oh I didn't mean that you should stick to a predetermined list and that's it. You're good at drawing out your interviewees and it's important that they're comfortable so you get more in-depth answers.

Likewise follow-up questions are often appropriate. But what I like is getting EVERYTHING, both the original question and any follow-ups that may occur, all in context of the entire interview. When you have an edited magazine piece they may choose to include the answer to the follow-up question without ever showing what preceded it. They may talk to someone for an hour and only include snippets from the whole conversation. That's "skewing" to me - manufacturing the result you want.

I'm really intrigued by your comments about Mr. Palffy. :)

David
June 12th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah manufacturing an end result seems to be a popular thing with newsgroups that only want their facts in their way, basically forcing their viewpoint so that the interviewee's words are "conformed" to what they want. I get you.

No, you definitely get the packaged deal here. Out of the hour I interviewed him I think I edited out five minutes. Four of those minutes were book-ends to the interview and inapropriate to post, and that's essentially it. We definitely deliver the unaltered lump ;) That was one of the things I committed us to when we started this series in February, that we wouldn't just take bits and pieces, but really get you feeling like you're accross the table with the individual. Darren has also adopted this style with his audio interviews, which you'll be hearing soon. I'm very pleased with what he's done - definitely off to a great start.

Bagpuss
June 13th, 2004, 01:13 AM
Hooray for your interview techniques,David! You and Darren really set a very good example,IMO, as to what makes for a true interview. :D

I should think the Show Stars "Open up", and relax far more ,for you and Darren,as you treat them with friendly respect,and as fellow human beings!

I know that sometimes,in other interviews I've read (Not on GW!),I've been left with a bad feeling,as to whether the Star featured, was actually able to do more than just answer a rushed set of Q's....or had to be actively defensive. (Not good,as I end up wondering how much I can trust the article.)

Keep up the good work,and long may you bring out the best in your interviewees! :D

David
June 13th, 2004, 04:07 AM
I appreciate the input. I think it's important to present a front that not all of fandom is out to get people related to the show, hoping to make some significant changes. Not all of fandom ... :) There's a lot of websites that are insisting Stargate change in it's storytelling direction. With some of that I agree, but I think it's far more important to show support rather than degredation on jobs that have got to be difficult enough already to bring the show to us.

Sue_Jackson
June 13th, 2004, 05:23 AM
What about Michael Shanks? I think GateWorld ought to do an interview with Michael Shanks. I don't know if GateWorld has done an interview with him. But they have, it's been awhile.

:cool:

keshou
June 13th, 2004, 05:42 AM
No, you definitely get the packaged deal here. Out of the hour I interviewed him I think I edited out five minutes. Four of those minutes were book-ends to the interview and inapropriate to post, and that's essentially it. We definitely deliver the unaltered lump ;) That was one of the things I committed us to when we started this series in February, that we wouldn't just take bits and pieces, but really get you feeling like you're accross the table with the individual. Darren has also adopted this style with his audio interviews, which you'll be hearing soon. I'm very pleased with what he's done - definitely off to a great start.

That's exactly what I was trying to compliment you on -- the fact that you deliver the whole package, unaltered. Very nice, it makes me feel like I'm not being manipulated as I've become more and more wary of print interviews in magazines.

I bet the people you've interviewed also appreciate the opportunity for these type of extended Q&A's - all their answers get included, nothing out of context.

Thanks for all the time you and Darren have put into this project, I know it must entail a lot of prep time on the front and back end of each piece. :D

David
June 13th, 2004, 05:54 AM
And the best is yet to come ;) Trust me.

David
June 13th, 2004, 05:59 AM
What about Michael Shanks?
:cool:

We have not yet interviewed Michael, though I have held an unofficial interview with him in-person, but don't tell anybody! I don't think he'd be opposed to talking with GateWorld. We have every intention of bringing you all the main actors. That may be a pipe dream, but kicking it off with Amanda was as good a start as any!

ShadowMaat
June 13th, 2004, 05:59 AM
And the best is yet to come ;) Trust me.
Only if you get around to interviewing "Luke". :P

As far as the main stars go, I'd be more interested in an interview with Amanda or Chris than one with Rick or Michael. And of course an interview with Corin would no doubt be very eye opening... and a little depressing. *sigh*

Brad Wright, Peter DeLuise and Joe & Paul would likely have interesting stuff as well, although I'm not familiar enough with the interviews to know if they've been "done" yet. ;)

David
June 13th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Darren interviewed some of who you mentioned when he went to Vancouver a few months back. Hopefully MGM will allow us to release this material to you!

Amanda promised she would be talking with us again. Hopefully before the year is out, but we have a lot more people to cover. I'd love to get an interview with her that's twice as long as the one we had previously. She's so much fun. And so genuine

June 13th, 2004, 10:07 PM
I got an idea...you guys should intwrview 'Sheppard' from ATL...or maybe you already have!?!?

JakeDeuxPointZero
June 16th, 2004, 04:17 PM
I'm sorry, but I have nowhere near enought time to read this entire thread. I was going to throw out a suggestion that you interview the guy that plays Walter Davis... you know, the Gate Technician who dials the chevrons? Yeah, that guy's awesome.

David
June 16th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Walter Davis is played by Vancouver Theatre actor Gary Jones. We won't be talking to him any time soon, but he is indeed on our long-term list.

I will toss out a hint. I live in the U.S. and will be calling a foreign country at 6AM central time to arrange an interview for us ;)

ShadowMaat
June 16th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I will toss out a hint. I live in the U.S. and will be calling a foreign country at 6AM central time to arrange an interview for us ;)
You're giving us numbers?? You expect me to do math?? You're far more sadistic than I imagined, David. :P

Still, I can think of one possible candidate. If I'm doing my math right. And if I'm right about the location of the person in question. Maybe...

JakeDeuxPointZero
June 16th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Glad to know Gary Jones is on the list... Walter Davis is one of my favorite characters! I still wish I could have the guy as my avatar...

DanielFan
June 17th, 2004, 10:20 AM
I'd like to see Little Jack interviewed... That ep. is one of my favs.

ShadowMaat
June 17th, 2004, 11:43 AM
I'm voting for David Hewlett. Again. ;) He's at the top of my list, right after Luke. :D I wish he'd show up at Gatecon. He looks like he's loads of fun. *sigh*

How about one of the props wizards? Does Bear Birge (Burge?) actually do stuff for the show? Think I saw him at the con last year. He's awesome! He hung out (hanged out? Stupid tenses) with a group of us SAABers back when Agamemcon was still up and running. He and Dragon Dronet rock, and they know all KINDS of interesting stories! :D

tera'ngan
June 23rd, 2004, 06:05 PM
How about Adam Baldwin? Maybe he could give hints as to whether we will see him in S8 or not? Maybe in Atlantis some time? I loved his character, and his team was great!

-tera'ngan

Selmak
June 28th, 2004, 11:51 AM
I would choose Tom McBeath (Maybourne) from the ones in the poll. But I would like to see an interview with the 2 most frequently recurring characters Carmen Argenziano (Selmak) and Tony Amendola(Bra'tac). I would like to hear both of their opinions on the strained relationship between the Taur'i, Tok'ra, and rebel Jaffa that happened late in season 7 (Death Knell?).

shockwave
June 28th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Osiris, young jack and 'king' maybourne

Osiris
July 29th, 2004, 03:21 AM
So when will you have the honour to interview our Great God Osiris?

Anubis
July 29th, 2004, 05:13 AM
I enjoyed reading the interview with little Jack. Good stuff

David
July 29th, 2004, 05:36 AM
So when will you have the honour to interview our Great God Osiris?

Anna-Louise Plowman is my all-time favorite guest star, and Darren has a soft spot for her too, so when we do eventually get her, don't expect anything small.

keshou
July 29th, 2004, 06:03 AM
I'd love an interview with Anna-Louise Plowman. Thought Osiris was one of the best Goa'ulds ever.

The guy who plays Ba'al (Cliff Simon?) would be interesting as well.

And is it too early to put in a request for Claudia Black? :D

David
July 29th, 2004, 06:09 AM
I've already looked up Claudia, and she will be a tough cookie to get. I'm pretty sure she's Australian, though I may be wrong.

Cliff Simon... lol Cliff is a huge fan of GateWorld. Getting him won't be a problem.

I still have my Interviews address open if folks would like to submit requests for folks they'd like to hear/see! [email protected] - never know, if I get in contact with the person I might email you for questions!

keshou
July 29th, 2004, 06:43 AM
I've already looked up Claudia, and she will be a tough cookie to get. I'm pretty sure she's Australian, though I may be wrong.

She *is* Australian, but I believe she's spending quite a bit of time in the states these days. Not sure though. I know she just attended the Comic Con in San Diego.

With the Farscape miniseries and her upcoming guest appearance on Stargate, she'd be an interesting interview. So would Jolene Blalock ("Ish'ta"), now that I think about it.

Of course I'd also love to see interviews with the rest of the Atlantis cast, especially Joe Flanigan. :cool:

July 29th, 2004, 10:08 AM
YESH!!! I'd love to hear from Jolene ;) One more vote for her :)

DownFallAngel
July 29th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Hmmmm yea, Jolene would be cool to here from. But then again...she is planning a wedding, and doing ST:E.

Shipperahoy
July 29th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I would LOVE a Joe Flanigan (sp?) interview. I don't know how feasible that is but he's adorable and I bet just as funny in real life.

Sam_o_Neill
July 29th, 2004, 01:59 PM
I think it would be good to have an interview with Sasha Pieterse the little girl who played Grace :D

David
July 29th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Sasha Pieterse is only eight. I do have the contact info for her but I don't think I'll use it right now. I draw the line at interviewing when they're younger than thirteen years old. When they're younger than 18 you have to negotiate through their parents (BTW, Michael Welch's mom is a PHENOMONAL woman), but more importantly it would just be a flat-out lame interview. She would have little concept of a "shipper," and be ill-equipped to answer the booming question: "Is Grace the potential product of a progressed relationship between S/J?"

Typically, age = an ability to express ones' self. When Sasha is a little older we'll try and talk with her.

David
July 29th, 2004, 02:21 PM
The same goes for Lane Gates (Shifu). When he's older you can look forward to hearing from him.

DownFallAngel
July 29th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Do you guys just look in the phonebook for their number!? Or do you guys have a contact? Or one of those Goa'uld tv orb phone things?

David
July 29th, 2004, 04:08 PM
I have a company I work through. It has listings for about 100,000 celebrities.

DownFallAngel
July 29th, 2004, 04:10 PM
If there was a jaw dropping smilie....I would be using about 3 of them right now. Thats crazy. Do you need like a membership or something? Or do you have to work for this company.

David
July 29th, 2004, 04:12 PM
I have a membership. But I also contribute frequently to their data archives.

ShadowMaat
July 29th, 2004, 04:16 PM
If there was a jaw dropping smilie....I would be using about 3 of them right now. Thats crazy. Do you need like a membership or something? Or do you have to work for this company.
http://www.computerpannen.com/cwm/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif

hehehe. And from what I recall, membership hath its privileges. I won't ruin David's gloaty moment.

David
July 29th, 2004, 04:26 PM
That is a great icon, shadow. LOL

ShadowMaat
July 29th, 2004, 04:36 PM
You aren't the only one with resources, Art Boy. :P

http://mindscraps.com/s/cwm/alien/alien2.gif

Les342
August 3rd, 2004, 08:53 PM
I'm loving Atlantis so far and I'd love an interview with anyone from the cast, especially Joe Flanigan. He is my favorite actor on the show and Sheppard very quickly became my favorite character too.

Erik Pasternak
August 5th, 2004, 09:10 PM
I'm loving Atlantis so far and I'd love an interview with anyone from the cast, especially Joe Flanigan. He is my favorite actor on the show and Sheppard very quickly became my favorite character too.
I agree with ya Les, I would love an interview with Joe Flanigan.

ShadowMaat
August 6th, 2004, 03:30 PM
David Kopp. :D The mention of Grogan on the other thread reminded me. Then I watched Proving Ground again. You just gotta love him. hehe

And why not Courtenay Stevens, too? Seems to me, much as I love Grogan, an interview with CS might be a little more currently relevant...

Hmmm... in fact, I've probably mentioned one or both of 'em before on this thread, but I have a very short attention span.

Erik Pasternak
August 6th, 2004, 03:44 PM
David Kopp. :D The mention of Grogan on the other thread reminded me. Then I watched Proving Ground again. You just gotta love him. hehe

And why not Courtney Stevens, too? Seems to me, much as I love Grogan, an interview with CS might be a little more currently relevant...

Hmmm... in fact, I've probably mentioned one or both of 'em before on this thread, but I have a very short attention span.
Personally, I didn't like Courtney Stevens, but David Kopp as Grogan was great. I'd like to see him again, but I doubt that we will, but an interview would be nice.

David
August 8th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Courtenay Stevens, huh?

Erik Pasternak
August 8th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Courtenay Stevens, huh?
So I can't spell, sue me.

ShadowMaat
August 8th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Courtenay Stevens, huh?
Yes, please, Mr. Reed, sir. :P

Liv
August 8th, 2004, 08:09 AM
I agree with ya Les, I would love an interview with Joe Flanigan.

Yep, my vote would definitely go to Joe Flanigan. Bring him on! Eh, please.

David
August 8th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Yes, please, Mr. Reed, sir. :P

It's Read, and I'll see what I can do. ;)

David
August 8th, 2004, 05:26 PM
We've got quite a bit coming out. It's difficult to keep track of everything.

ShadowMaat
August 8th, 2004, 05:40 PM
It's Read, and I'll see what I can do. ;)
Sorry Dayvid. I'll try to be more careful... :P

MartoufMarty
August 8th, 2004, 06:21 PM
i voted for Anna-Louise Plowman. gotta interview her! if i had two votes i'd vote for her and Danielle Nicolet. of course, Ken Phelan. Luke all the way!!

BGrifter
August 8th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Chose other, Gary Jones. :)

MartoufMarty
August 8th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Chose other, Gary Jones. :)
dude that would be awesome.

i saw him last night on an Andromeda episode. he was kind of funny (for that show...) he was this guy on this planet that Harper and Rhade were captured :S i guess maybe Harper knew him or something. he helped out Harper, Rhade, and Dylan... he should have just left Dylan there to ROT!

speaking of Andromeda, i also saw Dan Shea on an episode last night (different episode than the one Gary Jones was on). he was some guy in a big robe that helped kill this other dude. he held Beka hostage for a few seconds, Dylan shot at his hand, he let go of Beka, then him and his buddy went for the airlock and got sucked out... nice lol.

Orce
August 9th, 2004, 03:32 AM
I chose other. I do agree about hearing from the Atlantis cast. Maybe Rainbow Francks. That guy is cool. Or possibly Paul McGillion, who I now name Scotty for some reason. Figure it out. But yea either of those.

tera'ngan
August 9th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Did you guys ever interview Bonnie, last year's Get-In-The-Gate sweepstakes winner? Might be an interesting interview as we all anxiously wait by the phone for that call from Sci-Fi telling us we won this year ;) She had an interesting article she wrote for the Sci-Fi website . . .

-tera'ngan

ShadowMaat
August 9th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Ha. I'm an easy in for the contest this year. :P

I just hope they aren't planning to make me a Wraith. I don't think I'd quite measure up in that department. ;)

Ugly Pig
August 9th, 2004, 02:36 PM
I just hope they aren't planning to make me a Wraith. I don't think I'd quite measure up in that department. ;)
You could play an Asgard. :p

ShadowMaat
August 9th, 2004, 02:57 PM
You could play an Asgard. :p
Bite me, Pig Boy. :P

ANYWAY... How about ANOTHER interview with David Hewlett? *wistful sigh* Or David Nykl, The Czech. :P Or how about one of the Wraith?

tera'ngan
August 9th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Or how about one of the Wraith?

Yes, and since they speak and understand English, you won't even need a translator! ;)

Although I don't think we've actually heard the "warrior" wraiths speak . . . they don't have mouths. Or faces, for that matter. Maybe they use sign language? Of course, that would require eyes (in most cases). Maybe they use telepathy?

David, I would be very impressed if you telepathically interviewed a wraith warrior! ;)

-tera'ngan

Ugly Pig
August 9th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Although I don't think we've actually heard the "warrior" wraiths speak . . . they don't have mouths. Or faces, for that matter.
Huh? I thought they were just regular Wraiths, just wearing silly masks...

ShadowMaat
August 9th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Although I don't think we've actually heard the "warrior" wraiths speak . . . they don't have mouths. Or faces, for that matter. Maybe they use sign language? Of course, that would require eyes (in most cases). Maybe they use telepathy?
I prefer Fencing Masks of Doom hiding their faces. ;) Or possibly facehugger bugs controlling their bitty brains.

David, I would be very impressed if you telepathically interviewed a wraith warrior! ;)
If anyone could do it, David would be the one. ;) But I was thinking Marilyn Manson or Pai Mei.

tera'ngan
August 9th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Huh? I thought they were just regular Wraiths, just wearing silly masks...

Really? You think those are masks? Hhmmmm. I will have to look closer. I think my assumption was based on something I read somewhere about there being different "types" of wraiths that have different funtions among the collective. You know, like an insect colony. Where did I read that? I was also thinking that there were three types, and we have only seen two.

Here's a thought, just to keep it on topic. How 'bout interviewing the person who came up with the "wraith" idea? What were some of the other early concepts that they threw out? Any back story on these new bad guys?

-tera'ngan

ShadowMaat
August 9th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Here's a thought, just to keep it on topic. How 'bout interviewing the person who came up with the "wraith" idea? What were some of the other early concepts that they threw out? Any back story on these new bad guys?
Ask if they've ever seen the movie Lifeforce. ;)

Erin
August 10th, 2004, 12:15 PM
hey, anyone wanna hear an interview from PAUL MCGILLION? Gateworld, get an interview with Carson Beckett! I love that character!

ShadowMaat
August 23rd, 2004, 06:15 PM
Here's another one for your list, David: the guy who plays Steve. :D I know folks on his Appreciation Thread would... er... appreciate it. ;)

David
August 23rd, 2004, 08:20 PM
Or maybe if I just invite Steve to next year's GateWorld Gatecon Gathering.

ShadowMaat
August 23rd, 2004, 08:27 PM
Or maybe if I just invite Steve to next year's GateWorld Gatecon Gathering.
Now, that would be kickass. :D Just as long as everyone is clear on the definition of "dinner". hehe

David
August 23rd, 2004, 08:30 PM
I almost got Cliff Simon to come last time. Suffice it to say he was still in California, but my joke was going to be "Sorry, Cliff. No snakes on the menu."

ShadowMaat
August 23rd, 2004, 08:34 PM
Well, keep the joke on reserve. You may still get a chance to use it some day. :)

No lemon chicken on the menu, either.

Just an observation... :P

How 'bout Mark Breakspear? He pops up here once in a while, he'd probably be amenable to an interview. Or did I mention him already? I probably did... I think in very predictible circles...

Ancient 1
August 27th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Is there anyway to set up an interview with Steve the Wraith? Have the actor dress up in full make up and tell us how it really is....the life of a wraith and all?

ShadowMaat
August 27th, 2004, 03:22 AM
David is trying to set up an interview with the actor. That's probably enough for the first outing. Interviews in character are a little trickier. Besides, why interview him in full makeup? Most of the interviews take place over the phone (the vid one was special because of Gatecon). You can't see makeup when you're listening to an audiofile. You'll just have to imagine it. But hey... baby steps. ;)

Mio
August 27th, 2004, 04:01 AM
He can try to do the voice.....

David
September 2nd, 2004, 08:49 PM
When we were interviewing Michael Adamthwaite I really wanted him to get into his deep "Herak voice." Alas, I never got around to it.

Replicarter
September 3rd, 2004, 06:16 AM
I just came back to this thread and ask you to interview Steve from Atlantis, and noticed other people already have, so you really really should! :)

David
September 3rd, 2004, 12:02 PM
Have interviewed him, or have asked us to?

If and when we do get to talk to Steve the Wraith, I will grant that access to all of the fans, not just the GW folks. Hopefully, the start of a new trend.

jenniferhailey
September 3rd, 2004, 12:39 PM
Thank you for your Michael Welch interview I am in love with the dude :-)

I'd love to see an interview with:

Elisabeth Rosen
Katie Stuart
Brittney Irvin
Grace Park
Tobias Mehler
Neil Denis
Christopher Cousins

To name a few... :-)

David
September 3rd, 2004, 01:46 PM
Good suggestions! A handful of those are indeed on our lists.

Erin
September 3rd, 2004, 01:51 PM
I still really really really want to hear from David Kopp the guy who plays Grogan! It'd be awesome to have him on here. He's definitely one of my favorite characters and I miss him since season 5!!

ShadowMaat
September 3rd, 2004, 02:30 PM
I still really really really want to hear from David Kopp the guy who plays Grogan!
Mmmm... David. :D He's definitely on MY list! ;) Maybe they could bring him back on Atlantis. Either as Grogan or as a new character. Hey, they did it with Elliott, right? :P

David
September 8th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Grogan was always my favorite on that team, probably because I always saw myself in his place. Naive, and, well, getting killed a lot.

Unfortunately, Grogan's two appearances is little to warrant an audio interview, but I'd love to have him come and chat with our readers when our GateWorld conference hall is finally a reality.

prion
September 10th, 2004, 08:53 AM
What? No Michael Shanks. Surely you guys got to talk to him in Chicago when you saw Chris Judge? <G>

thor39
October 3rd, 2004, 02:04 PM
Interview Thor... LOL
I'd say Maybourne out of those people because his character changes persona's so many times throught the duration of the show :o

David
October 3rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
Good choice.

JediTrilobite
October 6th, 2004, 04:35 AM
The actress who played Janet Frasier. I can't remember her name for the life of me right now.

Suebsg9
October 6th, 2004, 06:39 AM
What? No Michael Shanks. Surely you guys got to talk to him in Chicago when you saw Chris Judge? <G>

if i am not mistaken michael was going for an interview after happy hour ended and before he got on his plane so keep on asking david when they will post it :)

because i am curious the one with CJ has been up for awhile :)

Elite Anubis Guard
October 6th, 2004, 11:41 AM
well im not sure if you already have so if u have im sorry, but id like to see the chappy who plays anubis interviewed, or hell the guy who plays the anubis guard from the film interviewed!

greytop
October 6th, 2004, 12:00 PM
I would like to hear from the guy who plays Brac'tac.

Ugly Pig
October 6th, 2004, 12:59 PM
well im not sure if you already have so if u have im sorry, but id like to see the chappy who plays anubis interviewed, or hell the guy who plays the anubis guard from the film interviewed!
David Palffy (SG-1's Anubis) was already interviewed... It was a two-parter even... :p

David
October 6th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Actually it was a 3-parter ;)

http://www.gateworld.net/articles/interviews/ will get you started!

Ugly Pig
October 7th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Actually it was a 3-parter ;)
D'oh! That's what I get for doing a half-assed job at being a smartass... :D

Elite Anubis Guard
October 8th, 2004, 08:32 AM
who actually plays the anubis guard in stargate?

Ugly Pig
October 8th, 2004, 09:22 AM
who actually plays the anubis guard in stargate?
Some guy named Carlos Lauchu, according to imdb.com (http://www.imdb.com/)...

Elite Anubis Guard
October 9th, 2004, 06:35 AM
well i'd still like to see the guy interviewed...

samjack4ever
October 15th, 2004, 04:15 PM
you know what I'd really like - more interviews with the behind the scenes staff.How about the guy who's job it is is to shake the tin foil thingy that makes it look like the stargate is active in the gate/control room... (Did that make sense?) Apparently he's the only one who can get it just right...

majorsal
October 15th, 2004, 04:46 PM
I haven't read through this thread in quite a while, so please excuse if someone mentioned this person already. I'd like to see Patrick Currie (Fifth) interviewed.

Sally :D

Nolamom
October 15th, 2004, 06:44 PM
But, but, but....he's EVIL! hehehehe
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fluffy%20captured%20by%20fifth.gif

David
October 15th, 2004, 06:45 PM
A majority of the folks I've interviewed play evil roles :)

ShadowMaat
October 15th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Evil is more fun. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/scorchio/sevil.gif

I'm sure there'll be some good interviewees to be found in upcoming eps. I think everyone else has pretty much already been mentioned. ;)

Dan Casta-whatever would be an obvious choice. Eventually. I remember him when he used to play the arrogant womanizer on Herman's Head. Yeardley was on it, too.

Probably shouldn't be admitting I watched that show, but it cracked me up... ;)

Kliggins
October 15th, 2004, 06:54 PM
But, but, but....he's EVIL! hehehehe
http://hometown.aol.com/greatgmas/images/fluffy%20captured%20by%20fifth.gif

Quick, someone save Fluffy before he becomes replifluffy.

prion
October 19th, 2004, 04:12 AM
if i am not mistaken michael was going for an interview after happy hour ended and before he got on his plane so keep on asking david when they will post it :)

because i am curious the one with CJ has been up for awhile :)

Well, looks like they finally posted it.... I'm surprised it didn't go up immediately after the con.

ShadowMaat
October 19th, 2004, 04:22 AM
Well, looks like they finally posted it.... I'm surprised it didn't go up immediately after the con.
Oh yes, because David has oodles of time to type up and edit the interview/make it coherent and presentable and Darren's just sitting around all day twiddling his thumbs waiting for something to format and upload to the site. :P Thank goodness neither of them is in school, or have jobs, or lives... ;)

Me, I'm glad to get the interviews/info whenever they get around to it. I'd be completely in the dark about everything, otherwise. :D

Besides, waiting a while means that those of us who were at whichever event is being covered have time to lose the edge of our gaters high and can then get a second rush when something is posted that reminds us of all the cool things that had happened wherever.

The Gatecon vid was a real treat, and even though I pestered David endlessly about it, I'm kinda glad there was a lag time. Helped make it all fresher and cooler when it finally DID go up. :)

CoffeeGirl
October 19th, 2004, 04:43 AM
I haven't read through this thread in quite a while, so please excuse if someone mentioned this person already. I'd like to see Patrick Currie (Fifth) interviewed.

Me too - Patrick Currie, please! :)

prion
October 19th, 2004, 05:50 AM
Oh yes, because David has oodles of time to type up and edit the interview/make it coherent and presentable and Darren's just sitting around all day twiddling his thumbs waiting for something to format and upload to the site. :P Thank goodness neither of them is in school, or have jobs, or lives... ;)

Hmm, I have no idea how much spare time anybody on this site has, but I was just surprised that it didn't go up quickly, that's all considering I would guess getting a Michael Shanks inteview would be consdiered a coup (well, I know of at least one fan who thinks that :p ) As for the lives remark, I actually can think of a few fans to whom that remark applies....but we won't get into that. Maybe that should be a thread somewhere down the road... you do have a life outside the SG1 message boards, right? :D

ShadowMaat
October 19th, 2004, 06:04 AM
Hmm, I have no idea how much spare time anybody on this site has, but I was just surprised that it didn't go up quickly, that's all considering I would guess getting a Michael Shanks inteview would be consdiered a coup
I'll ignore your snide and belittling personal comments and concentrate on the actual relevant content.

Yes, an interview with Michael is a bit of a coup. All the more reason to want to make sure it's really spiffy and perfect before releasing it to the general public.

Madeleine
October 19th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Coffee, anyone?

ShadowMaat
October 19th, 2004, 07:02 AM
How 'bout an interview with Jay Acovone? He seems like a nice, funny guy, at least from his Gatecon appearances, and it'd be very timely... :D

prion
October 19th, 2004, 07:12 AM
I'll ignore your snide and belittling personal comments and concentrate on the actual relevant content.

Yes, an interview with Michael is a bit of a coup. All the more reason to want to make sure it's really spiffy and perfect before releasing it to the general public.

Methinks you misplaced this post which actually belongs your "Sulky Comments" thread ;)

:D

Madeleine
October 19th, 2004, 10:06 AM
I could always offer liqueur coffe, or even those little dark chocolate mints...

ShadowMaat
October 19th, 2004, 11:08 AM
I could always offer liqueur coffe, or even those little dark chocolate mints...
So did your plot to lure unsuspecting chocolate lovers into sending you their chocolate actually work? ;)

My prob with suggesting interview candidates is that I've already suggested bunches of people and what I haven't suggested has been brought up by other people and I can't remember who all has been mentioned already. *sigh*

Everyone from last year's Gatecon, obviously. And the contest winner. And Luke. :D I still think D&D should interview each other. Or themselves. :P

greytop
October 19th, 2004, 11:17 AM
I still think D&D should interview each other. Or themselves. :P
I agree Shadow. People would want to know how they came about starting GateWorld and etc,etc. Enquiring minds want to know.

Madeleine
October 19th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Naaah, they just said 'great, someone to offload all of our unwanted carob onto' :S

Darren
October 19th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Busy busy ... and you ain't seen nothing yet! We've got a video interview conducted in July that hasn't gone up on the site yet, thanks to the hectic schedule. (Fortunately, it's pretty timeless, and the episode specifically addressed by the interviewee hasn't aired yet. So it's all good.)

In addition to being crazy busy, we're also trying to space out the goodies to fill up the rerun season.