PDA

View Full Version : Most Anticipated Movies of this year

D.C.
July 13th, 2004, 10:20 PM
What's your most anticipated movie that's going to be released this year?

Wrathox
July 13th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Alien vs. Predator
I have always loved both franchises very much.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Extended Edition
Its due out in selected theaters in October I heard and on DVD in December.

Elwe Singollo
July 14th, 2004, 12:12 AM
Lets see... Blade Trinity, Bourne Supremecy, Catwoman, The Village, and there're more movies, but i'm not sure when they come out ;) I don't know which movie is 'most anticipated' though :(

Jafana
July 14th, 2004, 01:19 AM
my most anticipated movie has come out already. yay for harry potter.

rather, i have a bunch of books all coming out in the next couple of months that I'm really excited about.

Elwe Singollo
July 14th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I don't think it was 'most' anticipated, but of course, i'm only one person talking ;)

DownFallAngel
July 14th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Blade 3 & I, Robot.

Look like damn good movies.

BSG & SG-1/A were my shows I was waiting for. And both are looking damn good.

AgentX
July 14th, 2004, 11:42 AM
My most anticipated was already released as well: "The Day After Tomorrow".
Now, I guess I am most looking forward to "The Incredibles" in November.

aAnubiSs
July 14th, 2004, 11:55 AM
I don't have any movies on my list. Only Stargate S8 and Stargate:Atlantis.

Elwe Singollo
July 14th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Are those movies??? Haha, jk jk, i don't want to be a smart ass :rolleyes:

DownFallAngel
July 14th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Now, I guess I am most looking forward to "The Incredibles" in November.

That movie looks awesome.

[Massive robot is attacking the city]
Black Super-hero Dude: "Honny were is my super suit?"
Black Super Dude's Wife: "I sent it to the cleaners"
Black Super-hero Dude: "God Damn you woman!"

He reminds me of Stewy.

aAnubiSs
July 14th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I download... I mean see all new movies =)

DownFallAngel
July 14th, 2004, 11:59 AM
TMDMoviez is a gfreat source for new releases. I know mad people who get it from there.

D.C.
July 14th, 2004, 01:07 PM
The Village. :)

Elwe Singollo
July 14th, 2004, 01:29 PM
I'm still quite 'unclear' about what 'the village' is about, is about monsters in the forest or something?

Anthro Girl
July 14th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I'm still quite 'unclear' about what 'the village' is about, ...
That's the point, isn't it? ;)

I don't often go to the movies, but I am anxiously awaiting The Incredibles, just because I love Pixar. :) I'm also looking forward to Kinsey and The Manchurian Candidate remake (although I'm still not sure I like the idea of a remake of that movie). I was hoping that King Arthur wasn't going to suck, but alas. :(

Elwe Singollo
July 14th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Did it suck? I didn't see it yet.

D.C.
July 14th, 2004, 01:55 PM
There's lots of good sequels coming, but they're all more then a year away. X-Men 3, Spider-Man 3, and Pirates of the Caribbean 2. (Indy 4 as well. :))

DownFallAngel
July 14th, 2004, 02:32 PM
The Machurian Candidate 1 was never released, it was with Frank Sinatra. When the Korean War arose, he pulled the film off the release, and it was just discovered in his house a few years ago. The name no longer makes sense, seeing as how Manchuria is no where near Kuwait.

King Arthur, I heard from a few people, was bad, so don't get your hopes up.

X-3 is due out Summer 05 right?

Spider-Man 3 is May 07, 2007!!!

Elwe Singollo
July 14th, 2004, 04:14 PM
I thought Troy was a good movie, but i wasn't really 'omg i wanna watch it', until i actually watched the movie, haha...

Anthro Girl
July 14th, 2004, 06:16 PM
The Machurian Candidate 1 was never released, it was with Frank Sinatra. When the Korean War arose, he pulled the film off the release, and it was just discovered in his house a few years ago. The name no longer makes sense, seeing as how Manchuria is no where near Kuwait.
There was no "Manchurian Candidate 1". The one being released this year is a remake/rework, not a sequel. ;) It was released in the US in 1962, but it was banned in many other countries until after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

I'm really disappointed that King Arthur sounds like a dud, since it's such a great story. There are also two movies coming up about Alexander the Great and it'll be interesting to see if either of those turn out well.

DownFallAngel
July 14th, 2004, 06:22 PM
I know its a remake, and not a sequal, but the first movie was still never released.

Anthro Girl
July 15th, 2004, 07:00 AM
It actually was released...in 1962. Sinatra bought the rights and pulled it from circulation after the assassination of his friend, John F. Kennedy, in November of 1963 (at least that's one of the purported reasons). He (Sinatra) allowed it to be re-released in 1988.

I was joking you about the "Manchurian Candidate 1" statement. I figured you knew...it just looked funny. :) The cast of the remake looks really good, but with the Gulf War update I agree they should have changed the title. Then again, they couldn't have exploited its legacy. :rolleyes:

DownFallAngel
July 15th, 2004, 07:34 AM
I didn;t know the Sinatra version got released. Thats cool.

What would a good title for the new one be?

Anthro Girl
July 15th, 2004, 07:37 AM
What would a good title for the new one be?
The Manchurian Candidate Reloaded? Just kidding!! :) I don't know. The Arabian Candidate doesn't roll off the tongue...or it sounds like a horse race.