• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aquaman Series Discussion

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33268

WB Develops Aquaman Series

The WB will develop a prime-time TV series based on the DC Comics superhero Aquaman, with the team behind the network's hit Smallville producing, Variety reported.
    sigpic

I wonder if he will have an Entourage...
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

At least the production team from Smallville will be working on it so it should be worth watching.
      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
      Pay it forward

Comment

Please tell me they don't plan on using the same actor who played aquaman on Smallville. He had the body but not the talent. I just couldn't buy him and I wouldn't want to see a full series with him. if they recast the part though, I'd definitely check it out.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

More chances for some of our favorite Vancouverites to put in guest appearances. I'm all for that, even if I think the show itself is a schlocky idea.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            Please tell me they don't plan on using the same actor who played aquaman on Smallville. He had the body but not the talent. I just couldn't buy him and I wouldn't want to see a full series with him. if they recast the part though, I'd definitely check it out.
            Your in luck.

A new face will be playing the role of Arthur Curry in the Aquaman TV pilot, which is tentatively said to be shooting in Florida in early 2006.

Warner Bros. is searching in many places - from New York to Los Angeles, Miami, Canada, even Australia - in the search for a new Aquaman. The "new guy" will likely be in his early twenties.

A casting notice went out in early November looking for the following:

Arthur Curry (aka Aquaman): 18-24 years old. Blond or light brown hair, drop dead handsome with an incredible swimmer's body...SERIES REGULAR

Trade reports imply that the Smallville "Aqua" episode was not intended to be a template for the new series, so there may be some tweaks and changes from the initial interpretation. To further hammer home that this is a different project and not a Smallville spin-off, Ritchson was "not even a contender" for the series. "He did a wonderful job on the show, but this is going to be a different version of the 'Aquaman' legend," Executive Producer Alfred Gough said in today's Variety. The pilot "will be different than what you saw on Smallville. That was our out-of-town trial version."
            Check out Aquamantv.com for all the latest news.

Comment

Thanks for the link!
              All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
              Pay it forward

Comment

http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=2119

Based on the ratings success of the recent "Aqua" episode on the WB's "Smallville," the network has given the show's producers the go-ahead to create and executive-produce a new show based on the DC hero, Aquaman, according to SciFi Wire.
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

... *shakes head*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                  Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Fine then disapprove
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

It could be interesting, but his 'save the oceans' campaign will only allow for so many episodes.
                      Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                      Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Originally posted by TheObiJuan
                        It could be interesting, but his 'save the oceans' campaign will only allow for so many episodes.
                        How so? He's going to have to fight sea monsters, pirates, whaling ships, and who knows what else. Plus he's not locked into a location like Smallville. He has the whole ocean to go out and explore. Speaking of the ocean, I know for a fact that a pair of underwear is floating around somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico. I'm not getting into details but if he could mail them to me I would be appreciative

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                          I know for a fact that a pair of underwear is floating around somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico. I'm not getting into details but if he could mail them to me I would be appreciative
                          I doubt it would be high up on his list of priorities
                          love Torri

Comment

Yeah, he was cool in the ep. But his own show? Just don't know if that's gonna fly. Uh, I mean swim. Ahh, you know what I mean.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Lmao, what for? Sure, he's funnier than Kent...but a whole show?
                              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Working...
                              X