PDA

View Full Version : New Alien Allies

greytop
July 13th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Since Altantis is surrounded by water, maybe there should be some water-breathing aliens. They was those come to Altantis before revealing themselves to the newcomers.

I would like to hear about other aliens that could be allies.

KorbenDirewolf
July 14th, 2004, 09:36 AM
I wonder if any of the Oannes ever made it to Pegasus..

aAnubiSs
July 14th, 2004, 11:18 AM
I wish they did. But I think that the chances of seeing Nem again are slim to none :(

DownFallAngel
July 14th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Is atlantis a 100% waterworld!?

uknesvuinng
July 14th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Is atlantis a 100% waterworld!?
No, in one episode (I forget which at the moment) they investigate a nearby continent as a potiential settlement for the displaced Athosians.

VixyOwl (~~Ani)
August 3rd, 2004, 09:56 PM
Water-based aliens are a good idea. Expensive to shoot, though, so I won't hold my breath.

Get it? Hold my... ahh, that's rich. *wipes tear* sigh.
;)

aschen
August 4th, 2004, 04:57 AM
It took me a second or two to digest the fact you actually said that. ;)

sarge
August 4th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Water-based aliens are a good idea. Expensive to shoot, though, so I won't hold my breath.

;)
ROFL You're killing me. that was bad, real bad.

VirtualCLD
August 4th, 2004, 05:08 AM

;)
Speaking of shooting, I think I might want to shoot someone after that joke. ;) J/K, but you have to admit, that was pretty bad. Back on-topic, it would be nice to see some water-aliens. Anyone notice how the underwater shots of Atlantis were lacking a bit of life?

yaaayoubetcha
August 4th, 2004, 06:08 AM
This passed season, Star Trek: Enterprise did a passable, if not spectacular, water race and they're pretty much giving those eps away in an effort to get to syndication. So I think Scifi channel could shell out the bucks to get a decent water based life form going.

The problem with sea-dwelling allies is that, unless there's a bridging technology/biology, there's really not a lot of interaction that can take place. They'd just turn into the Atlantean version of the Tolan or the Asgaard, there to answer questions, but not a lot else.

They could write it so they could interact easily, I'm sure, but I don't think they'd bother to head down that path.

greytop
August 4th, 2004, 09:44 AM
They had a TV series in 1977, called Man from Atlantis, where he was human but could breath air but every so often had to go back to the sea to build up his strength. Patrick Duffy starred as the waterbreathing man from Atlantis.

The writers could based the Aliens on something of that nature. Then the Aliens could interact with dryworlders, (Air breathers) when they need to.

KorbenDirewolf
August 4th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Maybe they'll just have to carry tanks of water around with them.. ;)

yaaayoubetcha
August 4th, 2004, 01:12 PM
They had a TV series in 1977, called Man from Atlantis, where he was human but could breath air but every so often had to go back to the sea to build up his strength. Patrick Duffy starred as the waterbreathing man from Atlantis.

The writers could based the Aliens on something of that nature. Then the Aliens could interact with dryworlders, (Air breathers) when they need to.

Very Aurthur Curry....

I'd be disappointed if they introduced an Aquaman type character.

CyberKnight
August 4th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Maybe they'll just have to carry tanks of water around with them..
Or if they are mammals they wouldn't have to worry about them carrying water. Then again you would think if they breathed air we would see them all ready.
Fish can live in land for a very long time. The mudskipper is one of them. All they need to make sure is that their gills don't dry up.

WurdBendur
August 4th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I created a race of fish-like people (which I called the Sea Folk or Seftot) for my own fiction. They're actually mammals, and closely related to humans, but they do need to return to the water occasionally or their skin will dry out, which would be quite uncomfortable. But they'd be fine as long as they go back to soak for a while.

Ugly Pig
August 4th, 2004, 02:56 PM
I created a race of fish-like people (which I called the Sea Folk or Seftot) for my own fiction.
At first glance, I somehow only read the first half of that sentence. That kind of freaked me out. :D

aschen
August 4th, 2004, 06:11 PM
I created a race of fish-like people (which I called the Sea Folk or Seftot) for my own fiction. They're actually mammals, and closely related to humans, but they do need to return to the water occasionally or their skin will dry out, which would be quite uncomfortable. But they'd be fine as long as they go back to soak for a while.That sounds like an off shoot of the cretacian family.

Ancient 1
August 8th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Since Altantis is surrounded by water, maybe there should be some water-breathing aliens. They was those come to Altantis before revealing themselves to the newcomers.

How about mermaids? lol

greytop
August 8th, 2004, 10:29 AM
How about mermaids? lol
Better also have mermen with the mermaids. lol

greytop
August 13th, 2004, 11:37 AM
How about ones adapted to the snow and cold?

aschen
August 13th, 2004, 11:40 AM
We have that on Earth already. We're called scandinavians. :P

Ugly Pig
August 13th, 2004, 02:23 PM
We have that on Earth already. We're called scandinavians. :P
I don't know... I sure don't adapt to cold very well. Which makes the winters around here almost unbearable for me... I much prefer the hot weather of the previous week. :D

Z_2
August 13th, 2004, 02:41 PM
In the SG world, are there any aliens like the Wookiees, or a Predator or Alien? A friendly Chewbacca-type would be good. But a Predator or Alien would probably be overcome by getting back through the Stargate and not returning to that destination, huh? Or how about some Gungans with their eco-friendly lifestyle?

aAnubiSs
August 13th, 2004, 02:43 PM
I'm from Sweden and I am unable to get cold. Often went to school in shorts during the winter ;)

aschen
August 13th, 2004, 03:07 PM
I don't know... I sure don't adapt to cold very well. Which makes the winters around here almost unbearable for me... I much prefer the hot weather of the previous week. :D
Jeez man. I thrive in the cold.

Hyperborea <3

Ugly Pig
August 13th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Jeez man. I thrive in the cold.
That makes me dislike you.

:p

aschen
August 13th, 2004, 03:16 PM

You're just jealous. :P I think thigns look so serene after it snows. All white and snowy.. *happy sigh*

UltraMarioMan
August 13th, 2004, 03:18 PM

Urge to kill rising...

greytop
September 6th, 2004, 03:16 PM
What about the alien from Fire and Water? He was water base. We could have some relative related to him around. :)

S0f4
September 6th, 2004, 03:30 PM
blastoid was adapted to the cold and water

Ramne
September 6th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Maybe the Furlings could be an aquatic life form.

S0f4
September 6th, 2004, 05:54 PM
You're just jealous. :P I think thigns look so serene after it snows. All white and snowy.. *happy sigh*

darn you sweedens! hmmmmph.
you know what is really good to eat? hemlock!

LordAnubis
September 6th, 2004, 06:34 PM
ROFL You're killing me. that was bad, real bad.
Happy b-day sarge.

AsgardCarnage
September 6th, 2004, 09:14 PM
there migth have been other enemies that the wraith had, back in the day before the acients but none anymore other wise they would have destroyed them while they slept. Plus wraith only like to eat human so any other races that do exsist in this galaxy prob dont get involved with the wraith because the wraith dont annoy them. but then again the asgard fight the gou'ald even know the gou'ald dont take them as hosts.

maybe later we will find what is left of a race that lived with the wraith thousands of years before the accents got there. a race that might have been food for them and then rose up but they got beat back. So the wraith dont win they all killed them self's, then the wraith went back to sleep until another centiened races stepped onto its feeding grounds?

oh and they will be a aquatic race that lives underwater called squishy.

LordAnubis
September 7th, 2004, 05:16 AM
there migth have been other enemies that the wraith had, back in the day before the acients but none anymore other wise they would have destroyed them while they slept. Plus wraith only like to eat human so any other races that do exsist in this galaxy prob dont get involved with the wraith because the wraith dont annoy them. but then again the asgard fight the gou'ald even know the gou'ald dont take them as hosts.

maybe later we will find what is left of a race that lived with the wraith thousands of years before the accents got there. a race that might have been food for them and then rose up but they got beat back. So the wraith dont win they all killed them self's, then the wraith went back to sleep until another centiened races stepped onto its feeding grounds?

oh and they will be a aquatic race that lives underwater called squishy.
It's English, Jim, but not as we know it, not as we know it.

aschen
September 7th, 2004, 09:18 AM
darn you sweedens! hmmmmph.
you know what is really good to eat? hemlock!
I think you mean norsemen. ;)

LordAnubis
September 7th, 2004, 08:35 PM

Germans like the cold too; at least I do. I'm German and Danish. I hate the hot, sticky, humid summers of Michigan and thrive in teh cool, overcast falls/autumns! :) I don't mind winter either.

greytop
November 3rd, 2004, 09:12 AM
How about someone that is half-Ancient and another culture that they find in statis in Atlantis?

Mr Prophet
November 3rd, 2004, 09:15 AM
I created a race of fish-like people (which I called the Sea Folk or Seftot) for my own fiction. They're actually mammals, and closely related to humans, but they do need to return to the water occasionally or their skin will dry out, which would be quite uncomfortable. But they'd be fine as long as they go back to soak for a while.

Guess they'd need a wet suit. :D

Major Clanger
November 3rd, 2004, 10:53 AM

you know the very thought that Patrick Duffy will swim up, wearing those ridiculous yellow trunks of his, and interact on any level with the SGA makes me want to go and watch something all cold and icy, with the characters wearing lots and lots of clothes.

*breathes into paper bag*

greytop
November 3rd, 2004, 11:50 AM
Would Aquaman be more of your style, Major Clanger?

Ancient 1
November 3rd, 2004, 12:00 PM
What about the alien from Fire and Water? He was water base. We could have some relative related to him around. :)
Sorry greytop; that's not what they meant by water-based. That creature merely lived in the water. The others are referring to somethng along the lines of the creature in the movie, The Abyss. ;) It was seemingly made up of water molecules. :)

greytop
November 3rd, 2004, 12:15 PM
Sorry greytop; that's not what they meant by water-based. That creature merely lived in the water. The others are referring to somethng along the lines of the creature in the movie, The Abyss. ;) It was seemingly made up of water molecules. :)
That would do also, I like them in the movie.

Mr Prophet
November 3rd, 2004, 12:19 PM
Would Aquaman be more of your style, Major Clanger?

I hate to overgeneralise, but all sub-aquatic heroes ever suck like a singularity, period. The Man from Atlantis, Namor the Submariner, Aquaman; all of them, lame.

Not their fault, really, but when your powers all require you to be in the water and commune with the fishes, you really need to work the beat rather than joining a primarily terrestrial superteam and be relegated to the occasional bit of sewer infiltration or other - if you will - wetwork.

greytop
November 3rd, 2004, 12:24 PM
I hate to overgeneralise, but all sub-aquatic heroes ever suck like a singularity, period. The Man from Atlantis, Namor the Submariner, Aquaman; all of them, lame.
Very true, MP. I don't care for them that much either.

Ancient 1
November 4th, 2004, 12:50 AM

Not their fault, really, but when your powers all require you to be in the water and commune with the fishes, you really need to work the beat rather than joining a primarily terrestrial superteam and be relegated to the occasional bit of sewer infiltration or other - if you will - wetwork.
Indeed.

Vapor
November 4th, 2004, 08:59 AM

Hey, that's a GREAT idea.... Ooh, that's got me thinkin....

Wass
November 4th, 2004, 09:04 AM
How about they find Furling in Atlantis in stasis pod now that would be cool.

Vapor
November 4th, 2004, 09:17 AM
(*reminded of Xini-Aquatics of Enterprise*)

I can just imagine it. There are walls in Atlantis that are actually filled with water, connected to the ocean, so that the water-aliens can swim up from the sea and speak to the Atlantians.

Mr Prophet
November 4th, 2004, 10:37 AM
How about they find Furling in Atlantis in stasis pod now that would be cool.

Have to be a big stasis pod.

LordMartin
November 4th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Maybe they'll just have to carry tanks of water around with them.. ;)

Man, that would be pretty heavy. Scuba tanks are heavy outside of the water and they only have compress air in them.

Wass
November 4th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Have to be a big stasis pod.

The furlings don’t have to be 8ft tall they could be cute little aliens.

Mr Prophet
November 4th, 2004, 10:49 AM
The furlings don’t have to be 8ft tall they could be cute little aliens.

No; by now they're twenty-four foot tall! :p

Wass
November 4th, 2004, 11:00 AM
In that case they probably will not fit in stasis pod or Atlantis it self. :p

Mr Prophet
November 4th, 2004, 11:02 AM
In that case they probably will not fit in stasis pod or Atlantis it self. :p

That Gateroom's got a nice high ceiling.

Wass
November 4th, 2004, 11:14 AM
It’s going to be tight squeeze

Mr Prophet
November 4th, 2004, 11:17 AM
It’s going to be tight squeeze

At twenty-four foot, they've got to be used to ducking.

Wass
November 4th, 2004, 11:51 AM
LOL, that's why they live outdoors :p

Mr Prophet
November 4th, 2004, 11:55 AM
LOL, that's why they live outdoors :p

Or in very tall houses.

Wass
November 4th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Skyscrapers maybe :p

Mr Prophet
November 4th, 2004, 12:04 PM

I was thinking more Ent-house.

Wass
November 4th, 2004, 12:59 PM
What ever makes them comfortable.

Mr Prophet
November 4th, 2004, 01:35 PM
What ever makes them comfortable.

Then anywhere's good so long as they can fit their three-hundred-square-foot blue blankies.

Ancient 1
November 5th, 2004, 06:11 AM
They have grown even taller while you guys were talking about it!

Mr Prophet
November 5th, 2004, 07:26 AM
They have grown even taller while you guys were talking about it!

Nah-uh. They haven't appeared in another thread yet.

Wass
November 5th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Nah-uh. They haven't appeared in another thread yet.

I see your back Mr Prophet now where wer we......

The reason they haven't apeared in any thread is because the threads are not big enough for them. :p :D

Mr Prophet
November 5th, 2004, 09:32 AM
I see your back Mr Prophet now where wer we......

The reason they haven't apeared in any thread is because the threads are not big enough for them. :p :D

They were always big; it was the threads that got smaller.

Aging Furling: I'm ready for my close-up, Mr Deluise.

Wass
November 5th, 2004, 09:48 AM
Well you can always rely on the asgard to appear they nice and tiny.

Mr Prophet
November 5th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Well you can always rely on the asgard to appear they nice and tiny.

Asgard: Uncle Nox. Ancient says he can't do the number because he's non-corporeal.
Nox: Okay; I'll put someone else on instead.
Asgard: No, it's okay. I'm doing the number with Furling.
Nox: Furling? But Furling is twenty-four feet tall! Good grief.

Wass
November 5th, 2004, 09:56 AM
LOL
Wraith:Ok who’s first I’m starving

dd78matt
November 5th, 2004, 01:02 PM
HA, let's see the Wraith try to stun one of those things

Mr Prophet
November 5th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Furling smash.

Om. (Buddhist killing machines)

dd78matt
November 5th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Furling smash.

Om. (Buddhist killing machines)

huh? Buddhist?

Mr Prophet
November 5th, 2004, 01:17 PM
huh? Buddhist?

The Furlings are twenty-four foot tall ninja Buddhist killing machines.

Duh. ;)

greytop
January 6th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Rumor has it that the Asgard are visiting.

I hope they find the orginial Asgard who are similiar yet different from they ones we know.