Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the F-302 hull made of trinium also.?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the F-302 hull made of trinium also.?

If not it would'nt take that long for the Allied nations to build more these fighters..considering the advanced control systems were made seperately by different private companies "Covenant".. If it is just a plain old titanium alloy hull they should be cranking out atleast 20-40 per month...

I'm thinking it's a trinium-titanium alloy for one, two, Trinium, despite what everyone thinks, is NOT that easy to mine and process, from what I know, it's easyer to process and mine than naquadah, but not at the speeds of making them at 20-40 a month, WHILE making Daedalus class ships, or cruisers in general.

Also, there has been some discussion on the topic of the Allien nations making them....the search button helps.
    I'm sure Earth could have like quite a few F-302's, IF they weren't concentrating on making Daedalud class cruisers, those things take up butt-loads of Trinium.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

The F-22 Raptor costs $150 million each, and it uses alot parts which are being mass produced. The F-302 would require alot of specially made components and materials.

If I had to guess, I'd say that an F-302 would cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $500 million each. Manufacture time would be at least 6-8 weeks, probably longer considering that they're hand built. And you think they could build 20-40 a month? The cost would be nearly $10-20 BILLION dollars a month...
      It's more likely they would build 1-2 a month, if that. Since the F-302 debuted in season 6, that'd give them somewhere around 30-60 at present, if they're in constant production.

As for what the hull is made from, I don't know. They've never said in the show.
      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

i think they have three squadrons at the moment, the two in antartica, one of which was the promethius's own, and the deadalus's own -
        IMO the hull is made of a titanium/steel/trinium alloy, internal support made of trinium wrapping etc.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

I would've thought carbon fibre or such, seeing as metal is very heavy and you don't want planes to be heavy, it makes them sluggish, unmanouverable and inefficient.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
            $10-20 BILLION dollars a month...
            correct me if im wrong, but doesn't the US spend $1 billion a day in Iraq
            again, correct me if im wrong
            assuming they spend $1 billion a day, that would make it about $30 billion dollars a month
            pull out of iraq and you can put some of that money into f-302s

Comment

ha man they spend way too much on being a most hated country in the history of this planet!
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

Don't forget that in Stargate 9/11 and the invasion most likely didn't happen as Bush isn't in power.
                Semper Vigilans!

Play www.stargatewars.com
                +
                Join the Adeptus Astartes

Comment

i dont think we can blame 9/11 on bush, as much we all hate him he didnt cause it.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

^^^no he just hit a hornet's nest with a baseball bat by going into Iraq without a solid plan[btw I use to like the guy in the beginning,but now i think he is a complete ass...I can't respect someone who is so stubborn to the point they won't even admit they are wrong...

Comment

OK this threads getting off topic so back to the F-302 hull. I agree with Jarnin and whoever else said we don't know what the hull is made off since they have not told us in the show. My guess is it's made out of mostly earth materials and mabey some key components are made of trinium like immhotep said.
                      302's lead the way!

Comment

Actually, we know John Sheppard served in Afghanistan, tacit acknowledgement that real current events are occuring in the Stargate universe as well.

For the -302's frame and skin, it must be trinium or some other offworld-derived material. Look at how light and thin the body of the -302 is, relative to current space vehicles. Reentry produces a lot of friction and stress on a spacecraft, and requires large, thick heat shields. Yet the F-302 has those thin, downswept wings, which wouldn't hold up if they were made of standard airframe materials.

And to address the OT Iraq discussion, removing Saddam was the right thing to do, and Operation Iraq Freedom has been a success.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                          Actually, we know John Sheppard served in Afghanistan, tacit acknowledgement that real current events are occuring in the Stargate universe as well.

For the -302's frame and skin, it must be trinium or some other offworld-derived material. Look at how light and thin the body of the -302 is, relative to current space vehicles. Reentry produces a lot of friction and stress on a spacecraft, and requires large, thick heat shields. Yet the F-302 has those thin, downswept wings, which wouldn't hold up if they were made of standard airframe materials.

And to address the OT Iraq discussion, removing Saddam was the right thing to do, and Operation Iraq Freedom has been a success.
                          i think that that the skin and frame has to be made out of trinium due to the heat factors of reentry as Hatcheter has stated.

also i agree with him on Iraq we are already seeing other middle east countries wanted to move from dictatorships to democracies so this makes it more than worth it in long term relations. of course this is my opinion.

Comment

Well, we've solved the mystery of the F-302's hulll....now, another question, what is the naquadah so badly needed for in F-302's and F-303's.

We've seen that mainly Trinium is used for both for hulls, so what's the naqaudah for?
                            My apologise, but i'm not going to touch the issue of the Iraq war...

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                              We've seen that mainly Trinium is used for both for hulls, so what's the naqaudah for?
                              Missile warheads, for one.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
                              X