This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time in the TARDIS

Basically, Billie Piper (Rose) hasnt agreed to come back and do a 3rd season of Doctor Who. The BBC begged her but she said that she simply didnt want to be typecast in other Sci-Fi shows.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

This is the second time this news has come out. It came out at first that she wasnt doing any more than 6 episodes of Season 2, now they are saying she wont be back for Season 3. I will wait for some confirmation on this. She is on OFI Sunday with her ex hubby, its on ITV1 not sure what time though. There might be some confirmation on it then
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
      Basically, Billie Piper (Rose) hasnt agreed to come back and do a 3rd season of Doctor Who. The BBC begged her but she said that she simply didnt want to be typecast in other Sci-Fi shows.
      Oh yeah, I heard that too and she also said the same type of thing before Series 2/28 but I think she will leave because she is sadly right it is so easy to be typed cast when you are in SciFi and/or on the same show for too long and given the Iconic nature of Dr Who she will probably remain for many (especially outside the UK) Rose from Dr Who. *hmm, have to change my user name!*

Comment

It was weird, the tabloids were saying that the BBC were conducting "secret interviews" of unknowns and if they told anyone, they'd be chopped off the list, so where did they get the news from? they said the BBC were expected to confirm it at some point down the line, but the question still arises, where did the tabloids get said info from?!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis69
          It was weird, the tabloids were saying that the BBC were conducting "secret interviews" of unknowns and if they told anyone, they'd be chopped off the list, so where did they get the news from? they said the BBC were expected to confirm it at some point down the line, but the question still arises, where did the tabloids get said info from?!
          Well they have ways and means they are the Tabloids! Plus I really don't see Billie staying on much longer.

Comment

I suppose the important thing is that she didn't leave when CE left. A bit of continuity of characters between one series and the next is nice.

Madeleine

Comment

This is the original story, from yesterday's Mirror:
              http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

This is the BBC's "response":
              http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...io/4431260.stm

As far as I'm concerned, it's all true. We have a saying, To be silent is to agree. If you don't deny something, it's usually true.
              Also, over at OutPost Galligrey, they said that this news is from one of the same reporters who broke the news about Chris Eccleston leaving...

Well, take it any way you want, but it all sounds very plausible to me.

Comment

hmm....poodoo. This looks all very bad. I don't like this one bit, and i definately don't like uncertainty at all!!!!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

Ah for us who veterans though an assistant or doctor leaving is nothing new!

Comment

assistants come and go...
                    it's the quality of their going that rounds out the character.
                    Adric or Peri as opposed to Tegan and Nyssa.

as long as the replacement is equally as engagin as Rose, no worries.
                    Thanks!
                    Jordan

my page
                    My LJ
                    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
                    X