This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient genetics machine

In season 6 Episode 16, Metamorphosis, the machine that Nirrti uses to change the DNA of people to make them "super human" or what not, could the Ancients possibly have created that for the use of changing Wraith DNA to Ancient DNA
    Spoiler:
    because they were once originally human?
    I'm not good with science and tech so please don't smack me around the head for being an idiot.

For all we know,
    Spoiler:
    the Ancients might have used a machine like that to create the Wraith. Maybe an Ancient scientist was attempting to incorporate the regenerative capabilities of the Iratus bug into their DNA?

Comment

Possibly yeah, but wasn't it accidental?
      Spoiler:
      Didn't the Wraith evolve from the bug accidentally?
      But then again that's all we've been told so far. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Comment

I doubt it, the machine was most likely used to futher advance, the Ancients themselves. Making it possible for all Ancients to ascend, instead the few that had evolved to the point of ascension naturally.

Comment

well it could have been made just for study and the gouald figured out how to make it munipulate dna to advance humans like nerti and anubis.

Comment

i think the ancinet got advanced on it, we would so i bet they would as well, they built it IMO after they knew ascension way waiting though.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

I thought the machine was for the purpose for 'Acension experimentation'
              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

My guess was that the machine was created prior to Atlantis leaving, when the Plague was at large, and was used to alter the Ancient DNA to specific create a naturally occuring immune response against the virus to innoculate themselves and in turn others.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis_Man
                  My guess was that the machine was created prior to Atlantis leaving, when the Plague was at large, and was used to alter the Ancient DNA to specific create a naturally occuring immune response against the virus to innoculate themselves and in turn others.
                  that makes more sense to me cause i don't think they artifically advanced people otherwise they would have advanced everyone in the pegaus galaxy to help with the war efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
                    that makes more sense to me cause i don't think they artifically advanced people otherwise they would have advanced everyone in the pegaus galaxy to help with the war efforts.
                    well maybe not the alterans dont seem the type to alter dna specificaly so u can help them in a war...
                    tokra operative with sg-6 !!!
                    yep a tokra on a sg team who wulda thunk??
                    Character Name:Tok'ra-ragnor

the mighty sg-6!!!

Comment

Originally posted by general ben
                      The Lantians couldn't have advanced themselves too much, and there would probably be alot of trial and error similar to when Nirti was using the device.
                      Nirti had no clue what she was doing, which explains why she produced alot of deformed mutants with superpowers.

Anubis cheated. He was ascended, understood the required changes, and could reproduce them because he knew what he was doing.

On the other hand, the ancients who ascend aren't supposed to interact with lesser beings, which means they can't let living ancients in on the biological secrets of ascension.
                      That means that even with the DNA manipulation device, they wouldn't know what steps to take; in other words, they'd make alot of deformed mutants.

I'm guessing the process of genetically engineering a person to ascend is pretty tough, otherwise everyone would be doing it. Then again, the SGC has Anubis' notes...
                      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
                        I doubt it, the machine was most likely used to futher advance, the Ancients themselves. Making it possible for all Ancients to ascend, instead the few that had evolved to the point of ascension naturally.
                        I don't think any of the Ancient evolved to the point of ascension naturally. I just cannot conceive of the mechanism that would have driven evolution towards that condition. The machine was probably first created as a medical device to correct genetic disorders, and was further used to introduce genetic changes seen as beneficial to the population at large.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis_Man
                          This i agree with, the ancients were at the peak of their evolution so they didnt need much help in finding the secret to ascend so dont think it was used for ascension purposes or making drastic changes in their DNA. Could be wrong but doesnt seem like them. Fighting the plague then yes i could see them desperately trying to separate the plague components from their bodies but failing each time.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by SpangledExpanse
                            I don't think any of the Ancient evolved to the point of ascension naturally. I just cannot conceive of the mechanism that would have driven evolution towards that condition.
                            It's not evolution; it's metamorphosis. A catapiller doesn't evolve into a butterfly, they morph into one.

Originally posted by SpangledExpanse
                            The machine was probably first created as a medical device to correct genetic disorders, and was further used to introduce genetic changes seen as beneficial to the population at large.
                            Yep.
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                              It's not evolution; it's metamorphosis. A catapiller doesn't evolve into a butterfly, they morph into one.

I didn't mean to say that the change from human looking mortal to ascended being was evolution. You are right it is a metamorphosis. I meant to say that the ancient's didn't arrive at the point physiologically through evolutionary means. They did not through a succession of generations acquire changes to their genetic makeup that would allow them to ascend through evolutionary pressures.

Comment

Working...
                              X