The Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lounge

(Enjoy a nice soda in the lounge located in the middle of sub-level 5. It has a big tv (for dvds/video games) board games, couches etc. Enjoy!)
    sigpic
    Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Jaime keyed in the code to the keypad of the lounge and stepped inside, turning on the lights. "Man, this place looks like it hasn't been used in.... ever."

Humming to herself, she wandered around, testing the DVD player and the large screen television on the wall. After a few moments she stood back and eyed the rest of the room critically. While furnished more comfortably than the majority of the base, it still held that unmistakable quality of 'military chic'.

"One of these days we have GOT to decorate this place," she sighed, then checked her watch. "Crap, I better go and burn that DVD!"

Leaving the door propped open and unlocked, she dashed out and skidded around the corner to the stairwell. Her quarters were just one level down and across from the stairs. It would take five minutes and she'd be back.

<< runs to quarters, be right back! >>

Comment

Harvey arrived to find the door propped open and the lights on. It looked like Jaime had started to set up, the lounge had several armchairs and a sofa, as well as some tables and the obvious entertainment system. It wasnt used much and had a cold feeling to it, it needed airing and some life putting into it.

Harvey placed the coolbox on the nearest table and decided to make herself comfy, the wheelchair wasnt the most comfiest of seats and she didnt fancy spending the whole of the film in it. She wheeled herself over to a big armchair and applied the brakes and with some effort lifted herself and shuffled into the chair. The chair was new and a bit stiff, 'needs some wearing' in she thought. She wanted to curl her legs up underneath her but with her leg injury she had to settle with using the small coffee table as a rest. She settled back in the chair resting her head and closing her eyes.

Comment

Jaime returned a few moments later, an unlabeled DVD stuck on the end of one finger and packages of microwavable popcorn peeking out of nearly every available pocket. The room was still mostly empty except for one wheelchair and a reclining form in one of the chairs...

"Hey H," she called softly, not wanting to startle the colonel. "Shall we start a bag of popcorn? Seems like nothing brings people running like the smell of buttered popcorn...."

Comment

((Just oppsotite my room too! I am soooo coming here when my missions over!))
          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
          LOVE HIM-> DT
          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

(OOC - Opposite mine too so really handy )

"Oh Hey" Harvey opened her eyes and turned to see Jaime and her popcorn stash coming into the still empty Lounge.

"Oh Yeah popcorn sounds good" she sat up, " I think we need to wait a bit longer for the others, why dont you start setting up so were good to go when the others arrive".

Comment

<< from the Mess Hall >>

Tyler pushed the door all the way open with one foot. It was tricky to manoeuver the wheelchair and still balance the food in her lap.
              "Hi folks. I though I'd be the last one here. Now I can take my choice of seats."
              She put her food down on the table standing between two armchairs and hesitated, deciding what to do with the wheelchair.
              Last edited by Jynjyr; 12 November 2005, 03:36 PM.
              You're never too old to do something goofy.
              sigpic
              Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

(oo, I forgot, this place also has a fridge/freezer, some cabinets w/ food and a microwave , man, I'm definitly comin here when the missions over)
                sigpic
                Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Jaime stuck the DVD in the player and cued up the movie, then piled the stash of microwavable popcorn on the counter and stuck one bag in the oven. Pushing the buttons and hitting start, she then leaned over and opened the door to the fridge, pleased to see it well-stocked with water and various kinds of soda. The cabinet next to the fridge yielded chips and more non-perishable munchies.

"I think we'll be set," she sighed happily. "Kym, go ahead and take a seat, I'll move the wheelchair out of the way. In the meantime- how about some music?" She dropped her iPod into the cradle by the stereo, fiddled with some knobs, and pushed a few buttons.

"Any requests while we wait?"
                  Last edited by ShelBel; 12 November 2005, 09:28 PM.

Comment

"Thanks, Jaime." Kym transferred to the armchair. She kicked off her moccasins crossed her feet in front of her. "I'll listen to anything. Except hard rock or rap." She looked embarassed, "Big Band from the 40's is my favorite."
                    Nestling the bowl in her lap, she pulled off the lid and started to eat. "MMmmm, this tastes great." Pausing for a moment, Kym asked, "Major, how's the back and leg?"
                    sigpic

Comment

Being invited to watch a movie was good. but what was better that harvey asked him to come. "I'll be delighted to watch a movie Issac said back at the mess hall" matthews rememberd

Matthews entered the room, he saw jamie harvey and kym already their, and what looked like two other people call shotgun on some seating arangements.

Matthews brang a plastic bag with some soft drinks and some chips. (( is Alcohol allowed?)) he sat down in a chair, but looked startled when he saw a already overly large supply of munchies. "ill juts add my stash to the pile" he thought

"Oh, and some music is good too" he mutterd.

(( btw are we all apart of SG-3 now? or are we all in differnt teams? casue i kinda wanted to stay with jynjyr and somnium))

Name: Issac Matthews
                      Team: SG-3(Marines)
                      click for biography

Comment

(( OOC - Sorry, folks. US military and alcohol don't mix. No booze on base. ))

An airman stuck his head into the room and looked around. Spotting Major Harvey, he walked over to her and saluted. "Major. General's compliments and he would like to see you in his office at 1300 tomorrow. With your mission report, please."

(( OOC - Don't leave your movie, Somnium. I'm going to be busy for a few days. Thursday / Friday sometime is good. Just wanted to get the ball rolling on the transfers. ))
                        Last edited by Gen Blue; 13 November 2005, 09:30 AM.
                        Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                        sigpic

Comment

(OOC - Ah excellent General will be great to get all sorted AEM am hoping you and Jynjyr are gonna be come the rest of SG3 (will have to get rid of poor Merrin tho!) will find out soon fingers crossed If so we'll have a fab team cant wait to get the next mission underway. Once we're all healed hehehe)

Harvey saw Matthews sneak in and take a seat. " Matthews dont be shy come sit with us". She was making every effort to be cival to the man. "lets forget about the mission for tonight and enjoy ourselves, god knows we need it. Hows the popcorn coming Jaime" Harvey did have plans to make Mathews pay but for now he could make it up to the team by being skivvy, with him nearby she and Tyler could get him to cater to their needs.

An young airman apeared and looked around the room spotting Harvey he approached her.. "Major." He saluted. "General's compliments and he would like to see you in his office at 1300 tomorrow. With your mission report, please."

" Thank you Airman let him know Ill be there, your dissmissed" The young man saluted again and turned and left the room. " Looks like Ive got an early start tomorrow, good job Im in my own room tonight". Harvey had been running through what she would put in her report and had made notes on the important parts, but it was still gonna be a lengthy write up. She hated the paper work but it was a necessary part of the job.
                          Last edited by Somnium; 13 November 2005, 10:34 AM.

Comment

(OOC - AEM check out player list and/or SG3 talk for good news )

Comment

(( OOC - Whoo - hoo! Tyler finally made Captain. ))

Tyler looked up as the Airman delivered his message to Harvey. Ooohh. What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall in that de-briefing. That was one part of being an officer that was a PITA. Reports.
                              Kym went back to eating her stew. Spearing a green marble on the end of her fork, she held it up and commented, "That's the biggest dang pea I've ever seen."
                              She popped it in her mouth, crunched down and choked for a second at the unexpected taste.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X