X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all Canadians...Discussion S9

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd start a thread for a discussion of season 9 without spoilers...a kind of episode by episode discussion as we get to view it for the first time.

Since we get to see season 9 behind the US, I was wondering about everyone's impressions, opinions, etc of what the new season has to offer. (Until we catch up in January)

Space just aired Avalon Part 1 last night...so what do you guys think so far?
    Hero worship is only a part time job

Saw Avalon Part I on Space last night as well (and again today while I was running on the treadmill). I enjoyed it, except, as a woman, I find Vala's manner of dress, and her mannerisms, to be rather degrading and insulting towards women. Please cover her up a little more! TPTB should know that you don't need to see that much of a woman's chest, and have her breasts basically shoved in your face to make a sexy, desirable character. In fact, a lot of women viewers and fans are probably being turned on by Vala's overt sexuality.

Other than that, I enjoyed it.
    Spoiler:
    As a fan of all things Arthurian, I am delighted that they are finally tackling the mythology of King Arthur, Merlin, and the Knights of the Round Table.
    Proud Canadian and army wife!

Comment

I can't reallt tell if you are expecting all positive but if you are asking for opinions then I guess you'll be open to both sides. Problems in Avalon:
      1) No Jack
      2) No Sam
      3) New general is annoying -I've never been a fan of Beau Bridges
      4) The idea behind Cameron coming onto SG1 doesn't make sense - they would never choose someone with no gate experience to LEAD Sg1
      5) Why would the other 3 come back a) It makes sense that Daniel would go to Atlantis b) Teal'c worked for 8 years to free the Jaffa - Why would he come back to SG1 C) after Threads Sam would want to be with Jack
      6) Stargate doesn't have characters like Vala- over sexed and underdressed

My daughter watched it and said they should be sued for false advertising because this is NOT Stargate SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat...Gater
        Hi everyone,

I thought I'd start a thread for a discussion of season 9 without spoilers...a kind of episode by episode discussion as we get to view it for the first time.

Since we get to see season 9 behind the US, I was wondering about everyone's impressions, opinions, etc of what the new season has to offer. (Until we catch up in January)

Space just aired Avalon Part 1 last night...so what do you guys think so far?
        I think so far it has some hope but I really am not a Vala fan and I miss the others. But it will take more than one episode to make a valid choice. However, it has been my oppinion that they are working hard and destroying the characters. There was so much potential for this show and the actors have so much talent. But I will wait and see.

Comment

Well so far I'm not sure what to think. Vala is kind of annoying but she's not someone we've really seen in Stargate before. Yes she is oversexed and I did find her reference to sleeping with Daniel in poor taste but I'm going to chalk it up to her character. She's a mercenary willing to use what ever she has to get what she wants. We don't really know much more about her character at this point so I'm going to wait and see.

I wonder what will bring Sam back from Area 51 to SG1 but again we have to wait and see. I'm guessing the 'new enemy' is what will bring the team back together as a point of cohesion.

As for Cameron I understand why he wants to join SG1. They went through some of those flashback scenes to bring us up to speed on where he fits in with Stargate Command. He's a hero, etc. I'm just not sure about him yet. He still seems like John Crighton to me. But, it's only part one of the very first episode of Season 9 so I'll wait and see. It was weird when MS left and they brought in Corin too.

Overall I did enjoy it. It still seems like Stargate to me but...different.

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
            I can't reallt tell if you are expecting all positive but if you are asking for opinions then I guess you'll be open to both sides.
            I want to hear what everyone thinks - positive or negative. All opinions are valid because they are just that...opinions.

Comment

Well, I finally watched Avalon part 1 and I liked the episode very much I might add. Well, granted that some key casts are gone, I think it can be a positive thing just as well, but it'll take some adjustment and time to get used to the characters and their personality/role(s). IMO, it brings new life to the show with a different set of expectations and opportunities, which provides the energy to carry it forward for x years to come. I think for a show to remain healthy, change should be welcomed.
              Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

I have actually seen all the episodes in the half season so far. Some of us Canadians have creative ways. I don't want to spoil it for you and I'm sure that there will be varied opinions but the quote that comes to mind is

Cheer up, things could be worse...So I cheered up and guess what...things got worse.

Comment

that is of coure in your opinion, i however feel that this new show is just what the doctor ordered, just that a new show, noew feel, but more like the earlier seasons when i really loved the show. i am 17 and have been literaly growing up with this show. its good to see her healthy again

in terms of Vala, well she is there as some fun, and to be honest, if she covered up a bit more, i would not care in the least. all those bddding down references that were made were not overly sexual, instead they were teasing. I for one would like to see vala added to the permanent cast. SG-1 has always been to perfect, they need this new side to them
                  why does McKay pronounce it Day-ta and not Data?
                  Or why loootenant and not lieutenant?

Comment

So Avalon part 2 aired last night. I actually liked it. In fact, I really enjoy season 9 so far. I do miss Sam but I know she'll return. The Ori look interesting. Not sure what they are exactly. Ancients that didn't ascend/couldn't ascend? And where do they get the power to bring life back from the dead? Can't wait for episode three!

Comment

I just saw Avalon Pt.2 last night on Ch 13 and I have to say it was so good. I have to applaud for that episode because it was so outstanding. I didn't watch Pt. 1 because I miss it. Damn it!

The downside is That I've notice recently that Daniel talks to fast that I get some of the words but not all of them in each episode.

All I have to say is: Way to go Avalon Pt. 2.

Comment

Stargate SG-1 Season 9? I did watch Avalon Part 1 on Nov 10 and Avalon Part 2 on Last Thursday ( Nov 17 ) ... story still not finish ... I thinking it's was awesome! I was wondering myself if Daniel and Vala really good couple? I did heard that Vala become cast on Season 10 make me wondering if Daniel and Vala become romantic or marriage? who know? anyway ... I did see only two episodes of Season 9 ... it's was good, I did see Jack O'Neill on first episode of Season 9 ... I miss Jack O'Neill very much but I always fans for Daniel

Comment

Working...
                        X