PDA

View Full Version : SGA Season 3 General Discussion Thread

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 10th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I know a lot of you are mad because I started the SG-1 Season 10 and SGA Season 3 Pro and Anti. So I decided to start a general discussion. So if you don't want to post in either the Pro or Anti thread, then you can post here.

And this isn't going to replace the Pro and Anti threads. You could say that this is a companion to those threads.

AGateFan
November 11th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Im not sure "a lot" is applicable (but I could be wrong). I see no reason why someone gets upset about any thread as long as its not got an offenseive title or spoilers in the title. I mean why should anyone care what threads exist? If you dont like a thread you can choose not to read it. Think of not reading it as the virtual off button. (the same off button people always tell the Anti's they should use)

As for Season 3.
I would like to see Ford return.
I would like to see more Beckett.
I would like to see some exploring the universe. I know some people dont like SG-A - SG-1 comparisons but I would like to see some Team Exploring similar to early SG-1 eps (not rehash of SG-1 eps)
I would like to see the wraith Do Something interesting (anything, please)
I would like to see some (few) crossovers with SG-1 but not many and NO transplanted characters (execpt Siler if he doesnt get more work in the SGC... Major Davis wouldnt be bad either as some liason type).

I know I have more, but got to go to work soon.

Dorka
November 11th, 2005, 01:45 AM
I hope:

-to see more Major Lorne (he's really a cute guy) and I hope He won't be killed
- more character developement for every character
- some new enemies (makes it always interesting ;) )
- The genii return (miss them in season 2 as far!)
- more friendship-scenes between Shep and Weir
- Teyla and Ronon getting together :D
- Elizabeth fighting with Caldwell *lalalalala*

That'd be so far :)

Steve_the_Wraith
November 11th, 2005, 03:02 AM
- Teyla and Ronon getting together :D

Teyla, Ronon and McKay :p

Seriously I'd like to see them together without Sheppard abit more

Dorka
November 11th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Teyla, Ronon and McKay :p

Seriously I'd like to see them together without Sheppard abit more

Oh yeah...sheppard and Weir make hollydays together and McKay Ronon and Teyla have to manage Atlantis on their own... and something goes terribly wrong :)

Definitely would like an episode like that :cool: :cool:

Blue007
November 11th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Thanks for this Thread GF, of course I would be Pro SA3 but thought this one would be better to post in. Not sure why people get upset about any thread, very simple if you don't like it, don't go into the thread. Simple Yes...:D

What I would look forward to in Season 3? I would like to see Dex interact with more people, other than just Sheppard & Teyla, not that I don't love the 3 of them together. I would like to see more discoveries of other life forms, and planets.

"Love Stories"? Little early for all that, but if romance does come about, I hope it is with "outsiders". As for anyone on the "teams" being involved....just don't see that coming from anyone...although you never know. :D

Whatever happens or doesn't happen, I'm just glad we have a season 3 to talk about.

alfirin_kirinki
November 11th, 2005, 12:09 PM
No official ships;
Return Ford as a regular character;
Return Bates as at least a recurring character;
Return Stackhouse full stop - JUST BRING HIM BACK!
Can we get away with Ascended!Markham as well?
Ascended Grodin, then?
Some more about this 'enigmatic' past of John's;
No Carter for any more than three episodes;
More on-world stuff - house-keepingy stuff, learning about Atlantis;
More Radek;
Getting locked off from Earth again would be nice;

immhotep
November 11th, 2005, 12:18 PM
to do list for S3:
*get atlantis moving or something along those lines
*ships obviously my top priority
*fiddle about with some more stuff that can blow us all up
*more hermy
* carter and jackson for a couple of crossovers
*how badly do we all wana see tealc and ronan having a boxing match!!!!!!!!
* more of the same its all gd!

general ben
November 11th, 2005, 03:06 PM
to do list for S3:
*get atlantis moving or something along those lines
*ships obviously my top priority
*fiddle about with some more stuff that can blow us all up
*more hermy
* carter and jackson for a couple of crossovers
*how badly do we all wana see tealc and ronan having a boxing match!!!!!!!!
* more of the same its all gd!
i too would like to see atlantis moving just a little take off and landing would be nice that and seeing rondey trying to fly it would be funny with shep giving him a hard time.

killer_tinkerbell
November 11th, 2005, 08:15 PM
More Lorne!

xfkirsten
November 11th, 2005, 10:18 PM
More Weir! Poor girl gets left behind all the time! ;) I'd love to know more of her backstory.

Naeara
November 11th, 2005, 10:46 PM
More Lorne!

lol! I second that. :D

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
November 11th, 2005, 10:58 PM
I would like to learn about Sheppard's background as well as weir's and i would like to see how things will turn out Im quoting O'Neill "I betcha dollars to donuts" that Atlantis will have a 100th episode and i hoping it will go six years.

knocknashee
November 12th, 2005, 06:10 AM
No official ships;
Ascended Grodin, then?
More Radek;

What AK said... :p

*Lazy*

And more character development...not to mention more Beckett, and also come more exploration eps as well...oh, and a comedy episode that doesn't have McKay as the main star...

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 12th, 2005, 10:00 AM
No official ships;
Ascended Grodin, then?
More Radek;

These are the ones I agree with:

Ascended Grodin, then?
More Radek;
And the one I kinda agree with:

aaobuttons
November 12th, 2005, 11:15 AM
I would like to see:
More exploring of Atlantis.
A stronger Weir would be nice, like in Season 1, without all the "mother hen" stuff.
Back stories please!
Pets on Atlantis (Sedge and Jane)
Reacurring allies like the Tok'ra were on SG1, all we seem to have are enemies.
Update on the Athosians, we never see Jinto or Halling anymore, for that matter how about a Teyla episode that deals with her people.

Moonflower
November 12th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Hmmmmmmmm

I would like to see...

* Ronan learn to emotionally interact more after facing the challenges and turmoil after having 7 years of near solitude on the run.

* To have Sheppy give more of an insight into how he tics.

* Weir getting a bit more in the action, as she seems to be on the sidelines all the time.. her character needs a bit more 'oomph' I think. (and yes that is the technical term lol)

* I would like them to explore the planet they are on, as so far we have only seen that little patch of water Atlantis is stationed at.

* Some more emotional or heartwrenching episodes (tho dont want it overdone, one or two would surfice) as most seem to just be fighting something or other.

* Want to see more of Atlantis and what it can do!!

aaobuttons
November 12th, 2005, 11:30 AM
* I would like them to explore the planet they are on, as so far we have only seen that little patch of water Atlantis is stationed at.

Well, the Athosians are living on the mainland so some of that has been explored. I'd like to see maybe an ocean episode and what's in it (although we might get a bit of that in GUP).

Gate Master
November 12th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Hi im new to the forum, this is only my second post although I have been lurking around for some time. Some of the ideas and explanations you lot come up with are great and would make for some good points in the show.

Id like to begin by saying glad to be here and am a big fan of both shows and think there the best things on tv. Love the characters, the methology the ingenious story lines pretty much everything about the shows although will miss those Jack moments.

On the current topic its difficult to say as im only just getting to see SGA-2 and SG1-9

For future episodes tho it would be nice to get some proper answers to some of those big questions, furlings, timeline inconsistencies and what happened when the ancients returned to earth before they ascended, learn alot more about the city wot other tech is there etc.

If there are any cross-overs in the works it would be nice to see Carter and Mackay interaction of a none dreaming sense with more of those verbal wars between them as well as perhaps developing more mutual respect for one another.(Mackay of course would have to settle for only being the second smartest person on atlantis at that time)

It would be nice to learn more about all four of the races in the alliance in general, and why the alliance fell apart.

In SGA it would be good to see Eath on more of an equal footing with the wraith as we appear to always be the underdogs, although I do understand the need to avoid Earth becoming too powerful in the interests of carrying on the story. Although a reversal where we have the power and loose it to our overconfidence might make for a good short story.

An end to cliffhangers at end of each series would be nice as im and expect alot of you are ingrossed enough with out the intolerable wait till next season to see the conclusion of an episode.

Over all tho the way things are going im sure wot ever they do will be good and cant wait to see any and all new episodes:)

SnoggingPicard
November 12th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Hmmm...wish list for Season Three? Well, here goes:

1) More episodes with "strong" Weir taking definitive a leadership position (like "Conversion") and going off-world once in a while (like "Condemned")

2) The Athosians -- what's going on over on the mainland? Updates on Jinto and Halling? Where does Teyla stand with them now?

3) Explore the Wraith a bit more -- do they have a culture? Procreation? Hierarchy? Family structures?

4) More development for Teyla and Beckett!

5) A couple of crossovers with Sg-1, but no permanent cast reshuffling.

6) More Caldwell, but not too much of the Daedalus saving the day type stuff.

7) Just some fun team-bonding stuff, like football watching way back in "Hide and Seek".

8) A real visit to Earth, maybe with Shep or Weir showing Teyla around.

9) A good mix of darker emotional episodes and some comic stuff...maybe stepping away from the Wraith story-arc once in a while.

10) Just more awesome stuff like they've been turning out this year!

FoolishPleasure
November 12th, 2005, 02:35 PM
1. More with Weir. She is second in the credits for gosh sakes. Use her to her potential.

2. Keep Major Lorne around. *pretty please*!!!

3. Add recurring Wraith villian. SGA needs an "Apophos-type" that we love to hate.

4. Learn more of Ronon's backstory and culture. (and Teyla's for that matter)

5. Can we FINALLY explore Atlantis itself???

Moonflower
November 12th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Well, the Athosians are living on the mainland so some of that has been explored. I'd like to see maybe an ocean episode and what's in it (although we might get a bit of that in GUP).

Waaaaaaaaagh.. you mean I missed that episode?!?!?! Oooooh the humanity!

AGateFan
November 12th, 2005, 02:59 PM
I would like to see:
More exploring of Atlantis.
A stronger Weir would be nice, like in Season 1, without all the "mother hen" stuff.
Back stories please!
Pets on Atlantis (Sedge and Jane)
Reacurring allies like the Tok'ra were on SG1, all we seem to have are enemies.
Update on the Athosians, we never see Jinto or Halling anymore, for that matter how about a Teyla episode that deals with her people.

I like all of this except the Jinto\Halling thing... Unless theres a sad story about how poor Jinto and\or Halling were eaten by a wraith;) Of course, some might not consider that too sad.:eek:

aaobuttons
November 12th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I like all of this except the Jinto\Halling thing... Unless theres a sad story about how poor Jinto and\or Halling were eaten by a wraith;) Of course, some might not consider that too sad.:eek:

Ahh, come on! :p I liked Jinto and the kids. I thought they brought out a different side of Shep and were even good foils for Weir. I'm glad they're on the mainland now so we don't have to deal with the Athosians every episode, but it just seems like they've disappeared, and it would just be nice to have a "checking in" episode.

Waaaaaaaaagh.. you mean I missed that episode?!?!?! Oooooh the humanity!

There were a couple episodes in season 1 where they were on the mainland or openly discussed it The Storm and The Eye come to mind most readily with Carson/Teyla/Ford over there. No mention or land based scenes have happened yet for season 2 though.

If Shep does take Teyla back to Earth for a look around then he definetly has to take her for a ride on a ferris wheel and to a football game! And maybe Rodney can take her to a Hockey game!

Whistler84
November 12th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Hmmm...wish list for Season Three? Well, here goes:

1) More episodes with "strong" Weir taking definitive a leadership position (like "Conversion") and going off-world once in a while (like "Condemned")

2) The Athosians -- what's going on over on the mainland? Updates on Jinto and Halling? Where does Teyla stand with them now?

3) Explore the Wraith a bit more -- do they have a culture? Procreation? Hierarchy? Family structures?

4) More development for Teyla and Beckett!

5) A couple of crossovers with Sg-1, but no permanent cast reshuffling.

6) More Caldwell, but not too much of the Daedalus saving the day type stuff.

7) Just some fun team-bonding stuff, like football watching way back in "Hide and Seek".

9) A good mix of darker emotional episodes and some comic stuff...maybe stepping away from the Wraith story-arc once in a while.

10) Just more awesome stuff like they've been turning out this year!
Ditto!!!

MiniHerc
November 13th, 2005, 01:17 AM
I'm a bit more for the tech side myself so here it goes:

-Find more Zpm's - and learning to make them would/repair depleted ones would be exciting

-Get cut off from earth, but still power the city with the zpm(s)... as in the 8th chevron chrystal is damaged :O (but that scenario only lasts half a season or so)... and the daedalus is damaged/stranded in Atlantis

-Learn more about and build some exciting ancient/alterrain technology (battleships, pj's, stargates, hand weapons, drones) and start studying the construction of the outposts/towers/city(ies)

-Sga/sg1 crossovers

-Get Atlantis mobile

-Discover a wraith weakness

-Get a lot of wraith/ancient plot wholes solved... mainly get the timeline of events/ancient aging solved

-Get Sheppard romance with a non sga team member going ie scientist

-Get back in touch with the ascended ancient chick from sanctuary and get her to teach the expedition stuff, even better have plague timeline ascended ancients getting involved

-Have Weir fall for Sheppard but him not notice it for a while

-The Asgard as a race get more involved with Atlantis, a possible season ender then following season opener!

Yes my interests ruin the drama of the show but i like the tech more than anything else and i'd rather them be building stuff & learning the history of atlantis and the ancient race rather than develop characters

immhotep
November 13th, 2005, 02:07 AM
I'm a bit more for the tech side myself so here it goes:

-Find more Zpm's - and learning to make them would/repair depleted ones would be exciting

-Get cut off from earth, but still power the city with the zpm(s)... as in the 8th chevron chrystal is damaged :O (but that scenario only lasts half a season or so)... and the daedalus is damaged/stranded in Atlantis

-Learn more about and build some exciting ancient/alterrain technology (battleships, pj's, stargates, hand weapons, drones) and start studying the construction of the outposts/towers/city(ies)

-Sga/sg1 crossovers

-Get Atlantis mobile

-Discover a wraith weakness

-Get a lot of wraith/ancient plot wholes solved... mainly get the timeline of events/ancient aging solved

-Get back in touch with the ascended ancient chick from sanctuary and get her to teach the expedition stuff, even better have plague timeline ascended ancients getting involved

-The Asgard as a race get more involved with Atlantis, a possible season ender then following season opener!

Yes my interests ruin the drama of the show but i like the tech more than anything else and i'd rather them be building stuff & learning the history of atlantis and the ancient race rather than develop characters
ditto, plus i would love to a TT episode or VR episode where the team is actually sent in to a hologram of atalnatis in the past...i think that would be great to see.

FoolishPleasure
November 13th, 2005, 07:28 AM

Agree all the way.

-Sga/sg1 crossovers
I'd limit crossovers. I want Atlantis to stand on its own, without SG1 interference.

I'd like to see some unusual twists between the Ancients and Wraith. Sometimes I get the impression the Ancients were not so. . .nice.

My husband has said that for a long time. Why would everyone on this team fall in love with other team members? (Shep/Weir, Ronon/Teyla, etc.). Have Shep in love with a recurring scientist, same with Rodney, and give Weir a beau on the Daedalus. It would be more believable.

Horrible episode all the way around. Let's forget about her. Way too inconsistent personalities and storyline.

Many see this going on already. ;)

I love Hermoid and wouldn't mind him staying in Atlantis.

The Patriotic Symbiote
November 13th, 2005, 10:06 AM
-more Beckett
-more crazy situations (no doubt)
-more Mckay being Mckay :D
-more wraith stories
-more character development
-more relationship development (please!)
-no defeating the wraith just yet
-some unusual allies
-MORE ENEMIES! (seriously, i want to know who created that virus in 'Hot Zone')
-more Weir kicking ass (yeah!)
-and at least one episode where the ending completely blows my mind!

Merlin7
November 13th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I want to see them explore ATLANTIS! They haven't really done anything with that since the show started. And do something with Shep and his gene. The whole point of him coming to atlantis.
Connect Shep with Atlantis. With the Ancients. More on teh Ancients in a POSITIVE light.

More interaction with different pairings. Shep and Zelenka exploring Atlantis.

Caldwell and Shep bumping heads.

Ronon and Weir and shep interactions.

Rodney and Teyla alone. And seriously. More Shep adn Rodney adventures. I want them on a road trip type thing.

ShadowMaat
November 14th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Snatching this from the Pro thread since I'm likely to delve into non-positive thoughts.

SGA, to me, has been a stand alone. I only watched SG-1 on occassion prior to the launch of SGA. Now I watch both shows, but do not see SGA as leaning on SG-1 for support or see a need to develop a backbone as I see one already in place.
Let's see...

They have the Daedalus, which means that Earth is never more than two weeks away and leaves plenty of room for "meddling" from SG-1, up to and including guest appearances from SG-1 characters. *cough*Sam*cough*

While it was probably inevitable that Atlantis re-establish contact with Earth, it's just a little too easy and convenient for my tastes. Likewise, it's inevitable that there be some crossover... but "inevitable" only proves the level of predictibility and crossovers are, IMO, something that should be used only rarely and for the most extreme and dire of reasons. A ratings stunt doesn't qualify, nor does foisting off a character (or characters) from SG-1 just because no one knows what to do with her/them on that show.

They have a lot of plotlines that are VERY similar to plotlines used on SG-1 and the "there are no original stories left in Hollywood" excuse only goes so far. :rolleyes:

And if they had any spine at all, then the Wraith wouldn't be so easily defeatable. Sure, get an armada and you have the makings of a great tense arc. But on an individual level? Just shoot 'em enough and they go down. Not exactly a terrifying and invincible enemy.

Also, whatever happened to us never (or rarely) seeing them? It's what you DON'T see that's scarier, but TPTB don't seem to care about that.

I'd rather see Atlantis strike out on its own. WITHOUT help from SG-1 and WITHOUT borrowing SG-1's stories. Sure, Martin Gero can put a good spin on things, but I'd still prefer to see stuff I haven't seen before, rather than being able to identify where scenes came from and predicting what will happen because of how it worked on SG-1.

And get an enemy that is actually dangerous and unstoppable. Space vampires SO don't do it for me. ;)

I want to see more repercussions. I want to see the characters suffer from their mistakes and to witness the fallout from their decisions, whether they're good or bad.

The Athosians, as ridiculously plot device-y as they were, shouldn't be ignored and yet they virtually ceased to exist after getting booted from the city, except for a couple of gratuitous scenes. Shouldn't their story be important, too? They're an uprooted people, forced to make do on an alien world under trying circumstances. Kinda like... oh, I dunno... the Atlantis expedition itself? But whereas the Atlantis crew chose to come, the Athosians are refugees. Their homeworld fell to the Wraith. Atlantis is all they have left.

How about following up on ANY storylines (that aren't the Genii)? That's another way that Atlantis could prove itself to be unique from SG-1: FOLLOW UP ON THE STORIES!! I'd hate to get to season 8 of Atlantis and have three pages worth of unresolved plots. Sure, things get mentioned in passing, but that isn't enough for me.

I love the show, I do, but there are a lot of little niggly things which, after seven years in SG-1 fandom, tend to irritate a lot more quickly because I know what to expect (and what not to expect).

I like to be kept guessing. I'd like there to be more unpredictibility and more of that "darker edge" showing through. I want it to hook me completely instead of hooking me mostly because I like a couple of characters. Better, stronger stories and more background on the characters. Flesh 'em out more, for cryin' out loud. And NOT just Rodney! :P

CalmStorm
November 14th, 2005, 06:10 PM
LOL.....ask and you shall receive right :)

That's a nice little bit to digest. ;)

It's late, been a long day, and I'm a bit worn out, so I'll have to come back with what will hopefully be a coherent response tomorrow. As always, thanks for your honesty ShadowMaat.

CalmStorm
November 16th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Snatching this from the Pro thread since I'm likely to delve into non-positive thoughts.

Let's see...

They have the Daedalus, which means that Earth is never more than two weeks away and leaves plenty of room for "meddling" from SG-1, up to and including guest appearances from SG-1 characters. *cough*Sam*cough*

While it was probably inevitable that Atlantis re-establish contact with Earth, it's just a little too easy and convenient for my tastes. Likewise, it's inevitable that there be some crossover... but "inevitable" only proves the level of predictibility and crossovers are, IMO, something that should be used only rarely and for the most extreme and dire of reasons. A ratings stunt doesn't qualify, nor does foisting off a character (or characters) from SG-1 just because no one knows what to do with her/them on that show.

They have a lot of plotlines that are VERY similar to plotlines used on SG-1 and the "there are no original stories left in Hollywood" excuse only goes so far. :rolleyes:

And if they had any spine at all, then the Wraith wouldn't be so easily defeatable. Sure, get an armada and you have the makings of a great tense arc. But on an individual level? Just shoot 'em enough and they go down. Not exactly a terrifying and invincible enemy.

Also, whatever happened to us never (or rarely) seeing them? It's what you DON'T see that's scarier, but TPTB don't seem to care about that.

I'd rather see Atlantis strike out on its own. WITHOUT help from SG-1 and WITHOUT borrowing SG-1's stories. Sure, Martin Gero can put a good spin on things, but I'd still prefer to see stuff I haven't seen before, rather than being able to identify where scenes came from and predicting what will happen because of how it worked on SG-1.

And get an enemy that is actually dangerous and unstoppable. Space vampires SO don't do it for me. ;)

I want to see more repercussions. I want to see the characters suffer from their mistakes and to witness the fallout from their decisions, whether they're good or bad.

The Athosians, as ridiculously plot device-y as they were, shouldn't be ignored and yet they virtually ceased to exist after getting booted from the city, except for a couple of gratuitous scenes. Shouldn't their story be important, too? They're an uprooted people, forced to make do on an alien world under trying circumstances. Kinda like... oh, I dunno... the Atlantis expedition itself? But whereas the Atlantis crew chose to come, the Athosians are refugees. Their homeworld fell to the Wraith. Atlantis is all they have left.

How about following up on ANY storylines (that aren't the Genii)? That's another way that Atlantis could prove itself to be unique from SG-1: FOLLOW UP ON THE STORIES!! I'd hate to get to season 8 of Atlantis and have three pages worth of unresolved plots. Sure, things get mentioned in passing, but that isn't enough for me.

I love the show, I do, but there are a lot of little niggly things which, after seven years in SG-1 fandom, tend to irritate a lot more quickly because I know what to expect (and what not to expect).

I like to be kept guessing. I'd like there to be more unpredictibility and more of that "darker edge" showing through. I want it to hook me completely instead of hooking me mostly because I like a couple of characters. Better, stronger stories and more background on the characters. Flesh 'em out more, for cryin' out loud. And NOT just Rodney! :P

Yes, the Daedalus makes Earth closer, however I do not have any problems with that. It had always been stated that TPTB did not want this to be like ST Voyager with the never ending goal of making it back home. They were on their own for an entire season, which was enough time to establish the bonds as a team that they have. To me, it did not seem an easy task the entire year they were looking for zpms or trying to find a way back to Earth. To me, convenient would have been them locating a zpm on the first one or two planets they visited.

Crossovers do seem inevitable, but as long as they are done sparingly and with a good story I do not mind. As for the Sam factor, only time will tell how that will work out, and what the story is behind that.

Simliar plot lines would also seem to be somewhat inevitable as they are really the same show with same goals, only different settings. The goal for each stargate team/operation is to explore and find new technologies....and ways to protect Earth. They will always find ways to insert little twists to make it slightly different than what has gone before. However, what makes the same stories entirely different are the characters and settings. We've seen how SG-1 reacted to the virus/computer take over, but now we are seeing how SGA handles it. They were similar stories, but different settings and different characters with different twists. However, I do not come away with the feeling that every SGA, or even a majority of the SGA episodes, are duplicates of SG-1 episodes.

I guess the main difference in opinion is that I do not feel that SGA is leaning on SG-1. I think of it as a stand alone show. Whether they are combining resources is really not an issue for me. I could watch SGA without the need to watch SG-1, which to me is why I consider it solid on its own.

There are still many stories that can be told and you have made some very good suggestions on how they can follow up on some loose ends. However, we just made it through season 1 where it was basically an intro to the characters and situation. Season 2 has been a continuation of that with the addition of the Daedalus and contact with Earth. Hopefully, we will see more the second half of season 2 and of course much more in season 3. No need to rush all of the possible stories that can be told.....I hope at least.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with SGA. Loved the first season, am loving the second season, and can't wait for what will hopefully be many more seasons. There is always room for improvement, as you have pointed out, but to me SGA is one of the better shows out there right now. I make the effort to see each new episode, and I cannot say that for any other program right now.

Blue Banrigh
November 16th, 2005, 03:32 PM
My list is pretty much a repeat of most of the things mentioned here:
- I'm hoping that because of the Orii the Daedalus will get called away to defend the MW and Atlantis will have to stand on it's own again. The Daedalus has already served it's purpose, it brought Lorne to Atlantis. :p
- More Atlantis exploration.
- Weir offworld more, or at the very least, get her away from her office a little more. She should go rescue her dog from Simon and bring her back to Atlantis. :D
- Missions involving different characters. Mix the teams up a bit, it'd be fun to see Shep working with Zelenka with Mckay as a go between. Or Ronon babysitting scientists all by his onesies would be interesting.
- To see more of Lorne, Bates, Stackhouse, Miko, Heitmeyer and Zelenka.

CalmStorm
November 16th, 2005, 03:42 PM
The Daedalus has already served it's purpose, it brought Lorne to Atlantis. :p

LOL....so true :D

ShadowMaat
November 16th, 2005, 04:08 PM
It had always been stated that TPTB did not want this to be like ST Voyager with the never ending goal of making it back home. They were on their own for an entire season, which was enough time to establish the bonds as a team that they have.
True. And I'm not necessarily saying that I want them to never get home, but... I dunno, the Daedalus makes it too easy. Yes, getting a ZPM would have been easier, but having a ship that can easily ferry people back and forth within two weeks isn't exactly difficult. ;)

You said that Year 1 was spent establishing the team bonds. Well, now that we have those bonds and have grown to love them... they'll be threatened whenever TPTB/Scifi feels the need to pull a ratings stunt. :rolleyes:

I expanded a bit on the anti thread regarding my fears about SG-1 interfering with Atlantis. I suppose, to a larger extent, it's really TPTB whose interference I fear, but one way that'll manifest is by providing threats to the team makeup. We've already seen evidence of this in Intruder, where the command staff returned to Earth and Stargate Command promptly tried to oust Sheppard as the military commander. Weir managed to dodge that bullet, but I doubt it will be the last time something like that happens. Next time, in fact, it could be Weir herself whose position is threatened (again, there were hints of that in Siege, where Wraithbait Jackhole basically said he was taking complete control and tried to cut Weir out of the loop. I doubt it will be the first time that "threats" like that crop up. Personally, though, I'd rather see life-or-death situations responsible for possible changes in the power base, NOT stick-up-the-arse politics or ratings stunts.

Crossovers do seem inevitable, but as long as they are done sparingly and with a good story I do not mind.
*sigh* Yes, that would be nice, wouldn't it? I wish I could share your enthusiasm. Unfortunately, the vibe I get isn't that reassuring and IMO they've already had a little too much leakage. Sam's appearances would tip that balance even further and the fact that it's being done, apparently, because TPTB can't think of anything better to do with Sam is more than a little insulting to me. That's a far cry from a "good story" if you ask me. ;)

Simliar plot lines would also seem to be somewhat inevitable as they are really the same show with same goals, only different settings.
That doesn't work for me as an excuse. But I'm willing to agree to disagree on the point. :)

There are still many stories that can be told... *snip* Hopefully, we will see more the second half of season 2 and of course much more in season 3. No need to rush all of the possible stories that can be told.....I hope at least.
Oh, there are TONS of stories left to be told! I sincerely hope that we'll be seeing plenty more in the seasons to come. And given that there ARE tons of stories, hopefully they'll find a few that haven't already been explored on SG-1. :P (OK, couldn't quite let it go without a fight)

I don't want to rush anything, but... I am finding myself a little less enthusiastic in my support than I was last year. Maybe it's just the Sophomore Slump, and things will pick up again next season. I'll keep my fingers crossed on that score. I just think that with all the stories left to be told, there should be a few better things to be told than some of what we've been given.

I'm looking forward to the "darkside" stuff I've been hearing about in spoilers and I think that it should be explored to its fullest in S3. Atlantis is supposed to be darker and more dangerous than SG-1 and I'd like to see more actual evidence of that than in quotes from TPTB and the actors. ;)

As it stands, BSG is still the show I MOST look forward to every week. Atlantis lags quite a ways behind it in my personal standing. I would love for Atlantis to step up to the plate and issue a full-on challenge with intricate storylines delving into dark territories and characters who are fully dimensional instead of safe and predictible.

I know that Atlantis is a different animal from BSG, but that doesn't mean that it can't share some of BSG's values in regards to things like plot and character.

CalmStorm
November 16th, 2005, 04:54 PM
You said that Year 1 was spent establishing the team bonds. Well, now that we have those bonds and have grown to love them... they'll be threatened whenever TPTB/Scifi feels the need to pull a ratings stunt. :rolleyes:

I expanded a bit on the anti thread regarding my fears about SG-1 interfering with Atlantis. I suppose, to a larger extent, it's really TPTB whose interference I fear, but one way that'll manifest is by providing threats to the team makeup. We've already seen evidence of this in Intruder, where the command staff returned to Earth and Stargate Command promptly tried to oust Sheppard as the military commander. Weir managed to dodge that bullet, but I doubt it will be the last time something like that happens. Next time, in fact, it could be Weir herself whose position is threatened (again, there were hints of that in Siege, where Wraithbait Jackhole basically said he was taking complete control and tried to cut Weir out of the loop. I doubt it will be the first time that "threats" like that crop up. Personally, though, I'd rather see life-or-death situations responsible for possible changes in the power base, NOT stick-up-the-arse politics or ratings stunts.

I will say that I whole-heartedly agree on this point. I absolutely hate episodes of that nature where we are being toyed with as to the future of the characters or their positions....especially when they are cliffhangers that will not be resolved for months. As well as for the reasons you mentioned. **steps down off soap-box**

That doesn't work for me as an excuse. But I'm willing to agree to disagree on the point. :)

oakie doakie

I'm looking forward to the "darkside" stuff I've been hearing about in spoilers and I think that it should be explored to its fullest in S3. Atlantis is supposed to be darker and more dangerous than SG-1 and I'd like to see more actual evidence of that than in quotes from TPTB and the actors. ;)

Interesting to see what their definition of "darker" is. They seem to be throwing that word around quite often now.....and I'm not quite certain I'm using the same dictionary as them :S

ShadowMaat
November 16th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Interesting to see what their definition of "darker" is. They seem to be throwing that word around quite often now.....and I'm not quite certain I'm using the same dictionary as them :S
Shhhh.... I'm trying to be positive! :P

Lexa Jayde
November 17th, 2005, 03:16 AM
MORE TORRI!!!!!!!!!... that is my demand for season three :D

kirmit
November 17th, 2005, 03:20 AM
I'd just like to see an sga episode based around one of the pegasus gates, the thing i dont like about atlantis is that the gates are really forgotten and aren't appreciated for how great they are.

SnoggingPicard
November 17th, 2005, 03:23 AM
MORE TORRI!!!!!!!!!... that is my demand for season three :D

Ooh, ditto this for me! :D

ShadowMaat
November 17th, 2005, 03:35 AM
I'd qualify that by asking for more of Weir with a backbone, as opposed to Weir the wishy-washy victim of TPTB's shippy machinations. :P

Naughtrish
November 17th, 2005, 03:53 AM
- Weir offworld more, or at the very least, get her away from her office a little more. She should go rescue her dog from Simon and bring her back to Atlantis. :D

And McKay can bring his cat... then we can have the pet episode :D
Hmmm... I can imagine the cat having the ancient gene (ok ok I'll take my pills now :p )

Lexa Jayde
November 17th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Hmmm... I can imagine the cat having the ancient gene (ok ok I'll take my pills now :p )
where are my pills???????

ToasterOnFire
November 17th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Indeed. I'll reserve final judgement until I've seen the later half "darker" eps, but it's probably safe to say SGA Dark is a far cry froml BSG Dark. I think it hurts SGA's case by having major episodes where a character screws up big time in one, another undergoes a drastic transformation in another, and another had abrupt, unpleasant changes happen back home in yet another, yet there's no mention of these events in later eps. Because of this, we don't get a chance to see that these events have a significant, continual effect on those characters and the overall feeling of the show is less dark.

ShadowMaat
November 17th, 2005, 04:43 AM
Ah yes. Follow-up. Consequences. Continuity. I wonder why TPTB hate those words so much.

Probably because it takes more effort to include those things than it does to ignore them and TPTB are all about convenience, aren't they? ;)

Lexa Jayde
November 17th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Ah yes. Follow-up. Consequences. Continuity. I wonder why TPTB hate those words so much.

Probably because it takes more effort to include those things than it does to ignore them and TPTB are all about convenience, aren't they? ;)
i know what you mean... somethimes you just wanna ..... grrr....

FoolishPleasure
November 17th, 2005, 07:05 AM
Season 3 - No pets. No kids. No assaulting women and trying to call it a "hot kiss of love".

I'll be happy with everything else, even Carter. :D

starfox
November 17th, 2005, 07:53 AM
*Character exploration/continuity & Plot continuity.
A big reason I (and I think many others as well) watch this show is because it has such great characters and character moments. Now, Atlantis has been better than SG-1 so far on following up some issues, let's see them take that a bit farther. C'mon, writers, I know you can write these characters as actualy human beings with emotions and emotional resolution.

*No more forced Shep/Teyla
Don't give us a ship that's not allowed to actually happen. With Ford all Wraith-itized, Teyla is effectually Sheppard's 2IC off-world. Moral/regulation issues, therefore assuming we don't want badly written sexual tension and angst ("We want to! Oh, but we can't!"), nothing's going to happen. It's Jack/Sam all over again. If the writers want to include a romantic relationship, give us one that can actually happen and be shown on-screen as opposed to seasons of vague sexual tension.

which leads me to

*More character development for Teyla
Tell us who she is; I want to know more about her.

*More Zelenka-McKay interaction
Because they are so much fun together, and the way they do the scientific exposition is just great!

Actually, let's just have more character development all around. I want to know more about these guys.

*More independence from Earth
Because, honestly, the SGC has enough issues of its own to deal with. No need to be checking up on Atlantis too much. Besides, we've got enough strong characters on SGA that we don't need crossovers for an interesting dynamic

*Nanovirus follow-up
This goes along with plot continuity.

And lastly,

*McKay-Teyla interaction
Because c'mon, they've been on the same team for a year. They have to have at least had a few conversations. I'd like to see more of a friendship dynamic between these two. It would be so much fun.

Dorka
November 17th, 2005, 09:26 AM

Oh yeah, and the dog would haunt the cat through atlantis and Liz and McKay doing nothing else than trying to seperate these two :D :D I can imagine :)

skritsys
November 17th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Teyla, more of Teyla. I hope to see more one offs with the characters where they explore more of their backgrounds. I just hope they do not overkill the show the way they are doing with SG-1.

prion
November 18th, 2005, 08:44 AM
My wish list....

1) More on Sheppard, his background, specifically. Does he have family? Does that SciFi.com bio mean anything? More on what makes him tick!

2) More on Weir. As someone said, she's second-in-command and I'd like to see more on her as well. It's great to see her get off world once in a while.

3) Let's visit the mainland. Come on, guys, it's 15 million square miles (the size of NOrth America). SURELY the Ancients visited there and left something for our guys to have problems with.

4) Less contact with Earth. I love the independence they had in season one, and thus, the inherent danger of no backup. I don't want earth (SGC) folk appearing suddenly to save their butts (been done in 'Siege III').

5) More on Teyla! More with the Athosians, Hence, let's get over to the mainland.

6) Explore the city. NOw that they have a ZPM, let's see what other trinkets or dangers the Ancients left behind for our people to find.

7) Hope it goes without saying to have more original stories - something that hasn't already been done on Stargate SG-1 on a movie of the week.

Beckmen
November 18th, 2005, 02:09 PM
In no paticular order

1: Bring back Halling, he was great. Give him an arc and stuff...

2: Less psedo-shipping. Do it or not.

3: Ford!!! Poor Rainbow needs to pay the bills. And I like Ford!

4: Not too much Zelenka. Him and McKay shouldn't become inseperable. Their dynamic is good in small doses, but not every episode. Maybe 5 eps a season with him. Also, more of him on his own.

5: Build all the characters.

6: Hire me as a script consultant

ShadowMaat
November 18th, 2005, 02:34 PM
4: Not too much Zelenka. Him and McKay shouldn't become inseperable. Their dynamic is good in small doses, but not every episode. Maybe 5 eps a season with him. Also, more of him on his own.
Yes. Let's see more of Zelenka on his own. He and McKay play well off each other, but right now he's mostly just McKay's shadow. Let's see him stand alone and prove his mettle in a trial by fire. :D

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 18th, 2005, 03:35 PM

I agree with #3. However, I don't agree with #4. I like Zelenka, and I believe he and McKay have great Chemistry together.

Oranos
November 18th, 2005, 03:39 PM

Yes, 3 is good...
Lots of 3, in fact!!!!
:D

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
November 18th, 2005, 03:43 PM
This is my opinion (so don't give me red), They should get rid of JasonM (but keep his sweet ass gun) and make RSF a cast member again.

ShadowMaat
November 18th, 2005, 03:46 PM
This is my opinion (so don't give me red), They should get rid of JasonM (but keep his sweet ass gun) and make RSF a cast member again.
Not gonna happen as long as politics are valued over plotlines. :rolleyes:

Lexa Jayde
November 18th, 2005, 05:56 PM
i understand, but i love JasonM... but i think that rainbow is so adorable and should be semi regular.....

starfox
November 18th, 2005, 06:08 PM
2: Less psedo-shipping. Do it or not.

Amen. I highly doubt that anyone on the writing/production staff has the cajones to do it, though.

Easter Lily
November 19th, 2005, 11:46 AM
For a show that is about Atlantis... there hasn't been much Atlantis so far this season... Looking back at Season 1, I think that some of the best episodes have been about the city or have come from exploring the city itself. The potential there has largely been untapped in Season 2 so far.

I'm all for Atlantis to have a bit of fun and the occasional *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* but as Toaster and Shadow has said, I would like to see some continuity in plotlines. I suspect that if continuity becomes the norm... all other areas such as character development and interaction will more or less take care of itself. I don't necessarily think that Atlantis should go the way of BSG and suppress its sly sense of humour entirely but there could be a lot more exploration of characters' inner life without being overt about it. I don't like [insert character name here]-centric episodes... episodes devoted to just one character but is never revisited again. There must be some way for them to integrate characterization and overall without one limiting the other.

As much as I love Rodney McKay... I think he's had more than fair share of the spotlight (although it is just like the character to hog it :) )... Yes, I know the writers love writing Rodney :p but there are a dozen or more main/recurring characters that could do with more illuminating. No names mentioned, of course... ;)

dark_faith
December 28th, 2005, 10:51 PM
unfortunately, no matter what we want .... nobody cares, there is an interview in which Cooper can't make it clearer:

Q: Do the fans' opinions and ideas ever influence your plots, storylines, or character development? And, if so, in what way, instance, or episode(s)?

Cooper: Basically, I'm sorry to say, no. We make the show we want to watch.

One day he'll be the only one to watch "his" shows... but at least, he'll like them!

ToasterOnFire
December 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM
unfortunately, no matter what we want .... nobody cares, there is an interview in which Cooper can't make it clearer:

Q: Do the fans' opinions and ideas ever influence your plots, storylines, or character development? And, if so, in what way, instance, or episode(s)?

Cooper: Basically, I'm sorry to say, no. We make the show we want to watch.

One day he'll be the only one to watch "his" shows... but at least, he'll like them!
Honestly, I prefer that TPTB aren't overly swayed by fan influence. Can you imagine the hysteria that would break out if fans knew that their wants were likely going to end up on the show? :S

I think fans can have a minor influence on the show - for example if there's a great response to a secondary character I think TPTB may make more of an effort to bring them back in another episode - but overall I want TPTB to write stargate in their image without outside input. TV shows are much more solid that way.

ShadowMaat
December 29th, 2005, 04:38 PM
By the time the eps air, it's far too late for TPTB to do anything, anyway. If fans react in an extremely negative way to some element that's going to be built up over the rest of the season... oh well. *shrug* They can't exactly go back and change it, can they?

I, too, prefer a show where fans have a negligible or non-existent influence. That would be a Pandora's box of disasters, opening the floodgates to every lunatic in fandom. If you think entitlement is bad, now, it'd be WORSE if fans thought they controlled the show. Or, rather, it'd be worse if MORE fans felt they controlled the show. :rolleyes:

dark_faith
December 29th, 2005, 05:09 PM
I agree with you as far as we don't want the fans to write the show... god helps. But when we ask for more continuity or for some character developement, which is the least you can do in tv show, they should do something, try to improve the show because, they want it or not, the audience is the only reason why they are still here.

ShadowMaat
December 29th, 2005, 05:24 PM
Ah, but the lower they set their goals, the more they'll draw in an audience that dosn't give a damn. They pander to the lowest common denominator and they get it. The show will have fans no matter how awful it gets. Quantity matters more than quality in oh so many ways. At least as far as TPTB are concerned.

Atlantis1
December 29th, 2005, 09:33 PM
:ford:

I really like Ronan. Sadly I don't know how they could bring back Ford as a regular but I do believe if they want to bring him back as a regular it could make an interesting arc.

No red from me. You DO have the right to your opinion. :ford:

Atlantis1
December 29th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Honestly, I prefer that TPTB aren't overly swayed by fan influence. Can you imagine the hysteria that would break out if fans knew that their wants were likely going to end up on the show? :S

I think fans can have a minor influence on the show - for example if there's a great response to a secondary character I think TPTB may make more of an effort to bring them back in another episode - but overall I want TPTB to write stargate in their image without outside input. TV shows are much more solid that way.

I agree with keeping down the fan influence. I do think TPTB should listen to the actors because I do think that sometimes they have a better prospective of their characters sometimes because they are the ones who do a great deal of the fleshing of the characters.

ToasterOnFire
December 30th, 2005, 08:33 AM
I agree with you as far as we don't want the fans to write the show... god helps. But when we ask for more continuity or for some character developement, which is the least you can do in tv show, they should do something, try to improve the show because, they want it or not, the audience is the only reason why they are still here.
That's true, but keep in mind that the internet fanbase is a very small percentage of the overall viewing numbers, and the fans that post comments to Joe represent an even smaller percentage. I'm sure TPTB remember that whenever considering requests from internet fans.

I agree with keeping down the fan influence. I do think TPTB should listen to the actors because I do think that sometimes they have a better prospective of their characters sometimes because they are the ones who do a great deal of the fleshing of the characters.
That's probably a good idea - I would imagine that actors have a hard time with their characters if they aren't written mostly to their liking. Disgruntled actors have a way of making their attitude known through their acting...

prion
December 30th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Ah, my hopes for season 3...

1) More character development/backstory for Sheppard. Hey, he's the lead, and we know practically zip on the guy. Not asking for a soap opera backstory but maybe a hint about his past military history, or geez, does even have any family left alive? Even tossing in a throwaway line helps develop the character.

2) Keep Lorne and Zelenka alive. Idon't trust the writers. After all, they killed off Daniel and Janet in SG1. Good recurring characters are hard to find.

3) Let's get out and explore Atlantis! The city is huge; McKay said it was like Manhattan. They could new technology, new evil viruses, something!

4) I'd like to see Teyla and Weir actually work together. Teyla was after all, the leader of her people, and just becuase they're on the mainland and she's there, and let's bring in some Athosians. They're locals. The expedition team are new to that Galaxy. They could be guides on some off-world missions or something.

5) Less SGC interaction. I want SGA to be a stand-alone show, not to be bolstered by SG1 or to innundated with guest spots from SG1 characters.

6) No Gou'ald. No Orri. Let's just work on the wraith, or evil worse villains.

7) Like to see Ford come back for a guest shot or two, but as an even more darkside Ford who could cause serious problems for Shep's team.

8) More team episodes; not so much splitting up the characters. Let them rely on each other more in harrowing situations. Geez, guys (that means the writers), two men can have a deep friendship without, gasp, sex being involved. And yes, I'm thinking Shep and McKay because they're the key characters, basically, of the show, although I wish they'd give more Weir more to do than cross arms and look stern/worried.

9) Let Teyla save the team at least! Yes, she's more than competent, she's a lifelong resident of the Pegasus Galaxy, etc. (However, I don't want to see this done as some Amazon woman plot.)

10) Need a 10th point yeah. More Sheppard character development :)

As for TPTB listening to fans.... well, in SG1 fandom, the fans (of many persuasions - ship, one character, etc.) all have done their write-in campaigns. What truly amazes me is how some fans actually believe they're entitled to see their fan genre up on screen (I'm on far too many lists and see some really whacko behavior from time to time. William Shatner, where are you with your words of wisdom??) Whatever happened to watching the show, liking or not liking it, and if you wanted more, you wrote fanfic? 'Ship', 'slash,' etc. are all fan fiction terms and genres. Sure, you get a little romance here and there, but it's not the show. If you want 'ship' 24/7, please go watch a daytime soap, or Desperate Housewives, or something.

The writers are going to gear toward a certain demographic, it's always going to be that way as they need to make money to keep the show on the air. If enough people write in and go "hideous character, how could you?!" then they'd probably reconsider having that character back (thinking about Tokra Barbie on SG1).

But it can be disheartening to read later on how an actor or someone had a really good meaty idea, and it was trounced, but hey, we blew up three spaceships in this episode!

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
December 30th, 2005, 02:40 PM
2) Keep Lorne and Zelenka alive. Idon't trust the writers. After all, they killed off Daniel and Janet in SG1. Good recurring characters are hard to find.
Totally agree with ya there, I like Lorne and Zelenka, they are some of the best recurring characters Stargate has ever had.

9) Let Teyla save the team at least! Yes, she's more than competent, she's a lifelong resident of the Pegasus Galaxy, etc. (However, I don't want to see this done as some Amazon woman plot.)
Wait hasn't this happened already on SGA, like in The Seige Part 3

7) Like to see Ford come back for a guest shot or two, but as an even more darkside Ford who could cause serious problems for Shep's team.
Agreed, I like Ford, he a cool, I like his sense of humor.

6) No Gou'ald. No Ori. Let's just work on the wraith, or evil worse villains.
I disagree (on the No Goa'uld part of the post), Critical Mass was an interesting episode who tipped the wraith off, who planted the bomb, adding aspects of SG-1 makes the show more interesting.

Prior_of_the_Ori
December 30th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Fans should never really have an impact on how the stories are done, you get reviews, possible areas to explore but not an impact as such. Because the truth is everyone has completely different opinions which can drag it anywhere.

I mean if you were making a show like atlantis and half the people said get rid of the villains and the other half said dont do it what would you do?

LadyBozi
December 30th, 2005, 03:46 PM
:beckett: We NEED MORE CARSON
:mckayanime18:I want to see Others interacting with Mckay(RONON AND TEYLA would be good)
:wraithanime11:We need to know more about the wraith(MAYBE HAVE A SUPER WRAITH...that we can see in more then just one EPISODE!)
:teyla30: We need more character development
:weiranime22: TEYLA AND WEIR NEED TO START HAVING CONVERSATIONS(because seriously people... They are girls..girls need to have GIRLY CONVERSATIONS once in a while....):teylaanime08:
:weir44: AND I wANT TO SEE Weir kicking ass
:zelenka26: DONT KILL THE REACCURING CHARACTERS (Lorne, Zelenka, etc)
:teyla25: let's bring some Athosians into the episodes.
:ronananime01: PLEASE!! BACK STORYS FOR THE CHARACTERS SHOULD BE A MUST!!
WOULD BE NICE TO SEE MORE TOUCHING MOMENTS...

Steven_the_Atlantean
January 12th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Well I would like to see more of Janis I mean he did invent the time machine and also saved Atlantis with the installation of the failsafe, so he can come back help the base with the unknown technology. Then he goes off world to the brotherhood finally get back the Zedpm or any other world.

* I want to see more of the self shield.
* I want to see the wraith making a base on the mainland.
* I want to see a lost Goa'uld in the Pegasus galaxy that has been there for hundreds or thousands of years.
* I want to see another ancient ship that isn’t screwed up and one that can be used or studied by the Atlantis base and that has a super hard drive that can make it to earth in 5 days and maybe that needs to be powered up by a Zedpm.
* I want to see an ancient titanic ship or something more advanced with weapons like the ancient satellite fire power and it can be a submarine with an activation of a shield, and that can fly through space and galaxies.
* I want to see the wraith provide 3 fully charged Zedpm's to the Atlantis base but unknown from the wraith. But theirs a twist the Zedpm’s contains a wraith worm and transmit a distress beaker alerting the wraith that Atlantis exists while Rodney and Zelenka tries to clean it the city is under control by the wraith and the wraith fly’s the city towards a world populated by wraiths and surrounded by hive ships. And then sends a transmission to the Daedalus and that transmission has a worm that fly’s the Daedalus to the wraith. and ect

NotAscended
January 12th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Some great ideas in this thread.

I'd also like to see more discoveries from the ancient database. Even if it's just recipes for tasty Pegasus Galaxy delicacies. :)

Skythe
January 14th, 2006, 09:07 AM
This is more of a to-do list that i'd like
- Get rid of the wraith (or make them weak and minor) and replace them with the nanovirus race. If this is the race that caused the ancients to move from Earth, i am very interested in them. What do they look like? What do they do? Why do they want to kill the ancients? Will they go after the tauri now, perhaps having believed to have killed the ancients? It would be cool to see a tactical race, rather than the usual raa im big and tough and im going to kill you (ie goa'uld, wraith).
- Shep is meant to be characteristically 'rebellious'. Bring in something that he realllllly really wants and have Weir deny him, then make him go all renegade. I always loved the renegade SG1 episodes. And despite the grave risk, he should get it in the end :D
- Pick up 'nother ZPM
- Have permanent connection to earth for a while for a few interesting episodes then get rid of it.
- Daniel --> Atlantis --> Startling discovery --> some sort of new plot device.
- Make a new, technologically proficient ally (ie. like the Tok'ra (not michael)). I still want to see a society that operates much like earth that isn't being secretly controlled by a wraith.
- I want to see AtlantisToilets :D

Steven_the_Atlantean
January 15th, 2006, 12:41 AM
I added more ideas to my thread if anyone is interested in my ideas. Page 4

schweinsty
January 15th, 2006, 02:30 PM
What I would like to see happen in season three is:
More Beckett - Who is he?
Lorne and Radek.
As someone mentioned earlier, some continuity in storylines; wouldn't it have been interesting to see how McKaky and Beckett fared with their 'friends' after Duet?
More about Shephard, as has been mentioned several times. He's the leader, but we know so little about him and his background.
I see from the Malozzi spoilers we'll probably be getting some Ronon info, as well as Mckay's relation - how OCD will McKay's sister be?
I would like to see Weir do something besides sit at a table and reluctantly, after much consideration, agree with Shephard or McKay.
I would be interested in seeing one or two eps set on Atlantis.
I also see from Malozzi's blog that we'll be seeing Daniel there - I just hope that's handled well, as it could be potentially very interesting.
Mostly, I'd like to see Beckett go out with the team. What can I say, I have a soft spot for Scots - their accents are just something special. Not to mention their history and mythology is fascinating.

Naeara
January 15th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I also see from Malozzi's blog that we'll be seeing Daniel there - I just hope that's handled well, as it could be potentially very interesting.

Really? I'll have to go read that entry. Is that all he says or is there more to it?

schweinsty
January 16th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Actually, I think I got that from
http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=437
Sounds really neat, eh? Am looking forward to the next season already.

Naeara
January 16th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Ah ok! Thanks for the link. There was lots of interesting tidbits there. :)

Willow'sCat
February 23rd, 2006, 02:11 AM
I want to see AtlantisToilets What? Are you a plumber? :S Along those lines I was thinking of recreation *alright not exactly along those lines* :p but they have this vast ocean and they never swim. They could at the very least have a pool or sit outside on the balconies chewing the fat, it is their home, we need an 'at home in Atlantis' episode. ;)

Steven_the_Atlantean
February 23rd, 2006, 03:17 AM
How about Ronan found out he is part wraith like Teyla! OMG you can actually imagine the depression he will go through or the wildness.