S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
    Erm, have you read what the main storyline for the season is? Seriously, i say buy a bag o' popcorn, watch some classic SG1 (in my case that can include S9) and if ya still feel that urge to watch the Adria story, watch Xena.

S10 is (in my head) now dubbed Xenagate - SG1 (stole the pun from someone, cant remember her name, i wanna say "Amanda Eros" but not 100% sure on that )
    XENAGATE SG-1
    Starring:

Claudia Black as Gabrielle Mal Duran
    Michael Shanks as Joxer Jackson the Mighty
    Lol, yes I did say that, and I would green rep you if it would let me too! lol

I stopped watching Xena before the whole Adria story line came into play and all. But I was wondering was she evil? And then turned good or something like that?

I have a feeling that this enemy that they keep aluding to is her. She'll be the Orii Queen or something like that. Who will have all the energy of those who are brainlessly following the Orii channeled into her, and will be able to use it to destroy the Ancients.

Oh and I think Cam would make a better Joxer, he's more into throwing himself into a situation half but backwards then Daniel is now a days.

Comment

this brings up unpleasant memories of the borg queen

so vala is gabrielle (even though she really dresses more like xena)
      sam, well sam would be xena, but she reminds me more of gabrielle
      cam is joxer
      daniel is samoneous
      teal'c....mmhm, who was the strong silent type on xena or hercules???
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Simhavaktra

Do they create all this just to make the show easier to mock? It's almost too easy now.
        This is classic - I do find myself laughing and mocking the show through almost an entire episode sometimes, unless of course I am fast forwarding through it since I no longer watch it at 8 p.m. I have better things to do these days but I still tape it which is the habit I have to break. Some of the eps this season that are 42 minutes w/o commericals I have been able to "watch" in 10-15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
          Knowing that season 9 is going to end with a cliffhanger, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want a season 10...
          who here seriously believes that mitchell will
          Spoiler:
          really die in the s9 cliffhanger
          (we may wish it but it won't happen). IMO, this so-called cliff hanger is just another bad play by TPTB - too much already with poor mary-sue Mitchell in peril - let's get past that sorry, old story - it's tired and now borders on laughable. I won't even go into the idiocy that is the sprog story - it is becoming a joke and the show is becoming more "mockable" every week and I fear it may just be "fun"to watch in S10 to see how many cliches we can mock and make fun of.

I would pay money to see Lucy Lawless play adult Adria - skiffy already has her on BSG so it's just a short hop to SG1 as the evil sprog all grown up - they can also reuse some of Xena's wardrobe - they would save on the clothes budget that way and there would be plenty of skin for the pubescent boys they are tyring to capture (as well as some of the ones already at Bridge) . . . .
          Last edited by binkpmmc; 22 February 2006, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            this brings up unpleasant memories of the borg queen

so vala is gabrielle (even though she really dresses more like xena)
            sam, well sam would be xena, but she reminds me more of gabrielle
            cam is joxer
            daniel is samoneous
            teal'c....mmhm, who was the strong silent type on xena or hercules???
            BAHAHAHAHA

That's too rich.

I can't see Daniel as Salmoneus though. More like Pa'U Zhotoh Zhaan of Farscape but not quite as spiritual. And not blue. Or bald. Or a plant.

Okay so wait...is it Star Trek Voyager (Borg Queen) or Xena (with the Hope storyline) or is it V (Starchild)???

Oh I get so depressed about most of the eps these days...my friend ForeverSG1 suggested I do as she does and see them as like crackfics. It helps her adjust.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
              This is classic - I do find myself laughing and mocking the show through almost an entire episode sometimes, unless of course I am fast forwarding through it since I no longer watch it at 8 p.m. I have better things to do these days but I still tape it which is the habit I have to break. Some of the eps this season that are 42 minutes w/o commericals I have been able to "watch" in 10-15 minutes.
              yeah, it has hit the mocking level.

my 'normal' friday night?

i make myself a nice big margarita to loosen me up for farcegate, then sober up during atlantis and unwind...cause bsg's plot is so intense you have to be paying attention to it

sigpic

Comment

heck no they won't kill mitch.

he's da golden boy and as such is immune to anything but becoming a plot device

Peril!Mitch! must be written down as a prerequisit. maybe they got tired of daniel being the damsel in distress and want to make that mitch's job too

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  BAHAHAHAHA

That's too rich.

I can't see Daniel as Salmoneus though. More like Pa'U Zhotoh Zhaan of Farscape but not quite as spiritual. And not blue. Or bald. Or a plant.

Okay so wait...is it Star Trek Voyager (Borg Queen) or Xena (with the Hope storyline) or is it V (Starchild)???

Oh I get so depressed about most of the eps these days...my friend ForeverSG1 suggested I do as she does and see them as like crackfics. It helps her adjust.
                  maybe we need to dub it Mock!Gate! or Crack!Gate!

sigpic

Comment

maybe we need to dub it Mock!Gate! or Crack!Gate!
                    DING DING DING.

We have a winner.

Just...STOP BEING RIGHT. Please.

Or better yet...be right about things that don't make me want to scream.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                      who here seriously believes that mitchell will
                      Spoiler:
                      really die in the s9 cliffhanger
                      (we may wish it but it won't happen). IMO, this so-called cliff hanger is just another bad play by TPTB - too much already with poor mary-sue Mitchell in peril - let's get past that sorry, old story - it's tired and now borders on laughable. I won't even go into the idiocy that is the sprog story - it is becoming a joke and the show is becoming more "mockable" every week and I fear it may just be "fun"to watch in S10 to see how many cliches we can mock and make fun of.

I would pay money to see Lucy Lawless play adult Adria - skiffy already has her on BSG so it's just a short hop to SG1 as the evil sprog all grown up - they can also reuse some of Xena's wardrobe - they would save on the clothes budget that way and there would be plenty of skin for the pubescent boys they are tyring to capture (as well as some of the ones already at Bridge) . . . .
                      Mitchell in peril, how is that a cliffhanger? I dont know him nor care anything about is fate. If I thought he died it would have the same impact on me as, say, the death of Jaffa #1. On the other hand, if he was really, really dead... or maimed and only a recurring character,,, then I may watch season 10. But since one is unlikely so is the other.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

yeah. mitch in peril. gee, THAT never happens

you know, this could be good for daniel. he can stop being teh damsel in distress or used as the 'well meaning guy that gets them into trouble cause he acts rashly'

cam can have that title now

sigpic

Comment

Good for Daniel?
                          He's lost his USP. He's no longer the innocent "moral center", on the evidence of OTG he can't argue his way out of a wet paper bag, without the Damsel in Distress aspect he's turning into... Jack? Nah, how about Vala's bag carrier?

Edit: Whoops, S9 comment in wrong place.

Comment

LOL

i do see your point. it does take away an important aspect of daniel's character. Just like, i think, vala will take away what used to be an important aspect of sam's - being a former host

This is why i personally think that sony/scifi are working towards phasing out ms and at.

my 'doomsday' prediction for the finale of s10....Cameron, tired of the constraints placed on him by being military and inspired by some heart wrenching event realizes that he can do more good for the universe if he's 'out there' and not bound to earth.

so he takes off on his own, after resigning of course. vala goes with him, her knowledge of the ori and goauld are going to be vital. And teal'c goes along too cause he sees the future freedom of the jaffa being best served by him fighting the evil of the ori

If we're 'lucky' it wont' be because earth is creamed or falls under the spell of the ori, which will leave it open for at and ms to be 'special guest stars' whenever they need a ratings boost. If sony/scifi are really pissy, sam and daniel will be killed off to insure that attention is fully devoted to teh bigger an better show

And, i'm sure, along the way, cam and vala will pick up a few hangers on that will fill those supporting character roles.

sigpic

Comment

LOL

i do see your point. it does take away an important aspect of daniel's character. Just like, i think, vala will take away what used to be an important aspect of sam's - being a former host

This is why i personally think that sony/scifi are working towards phasing out ms and at.

my 'doomsday' prediction for the finale of s10....Cameron, tired of the constraints placed on him by being military and inspired by some heart wrenching event realizes that he can do more good for the universe if he's 'out there' and not bound to earth.

so he takes off on his own, after resigning of course. vala goes with him, her knowledge of the ori and goauld are going to be vital. And teal'c goes along too cause he sees the future freedom of the jaffa being best served by him fighting the evil of the ori

If we're 'lucky' it wont' be because earth is creamed or falls under the spell of the ori, which will leave it open for at and ms to be 'special guest stars' whenever they need a ratings boost. If sony/scifi are really pissy, sam and daniel will be killed off to insure that attention is fully devoted to teh bigger an better show

And, i'm sure, along the way, cam and vala will pick up a few hangers on that will fill those supporting character roles.
                              Thanks a lot -I can just see this happening!
                              Maybe they can get a living ship - it will cut down on repairs (no Sam)
                              and get an ethical potted plant (no Daniel).
                              I'm going to go quietly to my room to cry.
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                                and get an ethical potted plant (no Daniel).
                                Oh, come on! How could the Rangdo of Arg be a step down?
                                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                                X