No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Cam WAS a puppet. He's certainly puppeting some of Jack's lines, anyway.

And c'mon, TPTB have been stringing us along for years.
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 26 November 2005, 10:59 AM.

Comment

There has to be a season 10. Well there is going to be a season 10. But a new enemy just arises and gets destoryed in 1 season. For the Gou'ald they were able to "defeat" them in like 8 seasons. So there has to be at least a way to fight them. I no in the season finale that they will find a weapon but that cant be it.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
        Puppets - not sure. Cam - probably within the first 5 eps - then let's sit back and watch the fireworks from the Danny ranters and the vala lovers who will soon all turn on vala - won't that be a sight. All turning on the character they begged to keep! Wishful thiking on my part, maybe, but with the way TOPB have been going I won't be surprised when it does happen (nor will I be surprised when we see the puppets - just not sure how long it will take them to write them in).
        yeah. that will be the ultimate irony.

for some of the vala fans, the main reason they like her, well two reasons, 1) she's not sam, 2) more vala = more daniel since they're paired. (and i do have to admit, he is funner to watch when he's snarking, as infantile as it can be)

but when farscape wins over sg1 and vala is paired with cameron....it'll be quite funny to watch the folks who have been most vocal in thier dislike of the sidelining or wallpapering of danny to have it happen again....at the hands of the charcter they campaigned so hard to have join the show.

the fireworks will probably be more fun to watch than the show
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          1) she's not sam
          booooo! sorry, big sam fan here
          - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

yeah. that will be the ultimate irony.

for some of the vala fans, the main reason they like her, well two reasons, 1) she's not sam, 2) more vala = more daniel since they're paired. (and i do have to admit, he is funner to watch when he's snarking, as infantile as it can be)

but when farscape wins over sg1 and vala is paired with cameron....it'll be quite funny to watch the folks who have been most vocal in thier dislike of the sidelining or wallpapering of danny to have it happen again....at the hands of the charcter they campaigned so hard to have join the show.

the fireworks will probably be more fun to watch than the show

What could be equally fun is if the writers truly do create an interesting dynamic between Sam and Vala. JM said the chances are very good. Sooo, just imagine the response if Sam and Vala take time away from Daniel. This is real potential fireworks.

I think TPTB would make a big mistake if they sideline Sam next season--they'll lose alot of Sam fans and Sam/Jack fans and IMO they can't afford to do that with the ratings. And they will lose some of the old SG-1 fans. They'd be smart if they balanced this whole deal out. Why piss off the Sam fans and AT's strong fanbase?

Vala will need to have interesting dymanics with Sam, Mitchell, and Teal'c. And this means not being paired with Daniel all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
              What could be equally fun is if the writers truly do create an interesting dynamic between Sam and Vala. JM said the chances are very good. Sooo, just imagine the response if Sam and Vala take time away from Daniel. This is real potential fireworks.
              that will be funny. be pretty hard to chamption vala instead of sam when they're paired.

Originally posted by chocdoc
              Vala will need to have interesting dymanics with Sam, Mitchell, and Teal'c. And this means not being paired with Daniel all the time.

she will. if she's going to be part of the show instead of taking it over, she will have to interact with ALL of them. Daniel, Sam, Cam AND Teal'c.

she'll also have to be toned down, something the actress and even other cast members agree on

that's a lot of changes for a fledgling character to go through, changes that will make or break her and, potentially, the show

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I thought Cam WAS a puppet. He's certainly puppeting some of Jack's lines, anyway.

Boooo...hiss....

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                  <snip>

Re: Lexa Doig
                  Her IMDB for stargate stops at episode 12. I'm guessing she is the collateral damage in Collateral Damage.
                  I hope SG1 hasn't sunk to rehashing Heroes already.
                  <snip>
                  To quote PDL from Wormhole Extreme they just want it "Bigger!"
                  That would be funny and the only angsty soap operaish storyline between Lam and Landry that I would even be remotely interested in. Its a shame. all they had to do was make Lam NOT related to anyone and I think Lexia could have been an acceptable replacement for Janet. Mind you, she never would have been Janet, but without the soap opra she may have been decent. The nepotism thing totally turned me off the character to begin with.

Also funny PDL said that in Wormhole extreme as a joke to make fun of that attitude. In a commentary he once noted that TPTB tried to change Stargate with Arnies and then realized that Stargate did not need to be changed. How soon we forget. Those who do not know thier history are doomed to repeat it. Stargate that is not Stargate will not survive. It will die a painful cheese filled death just like most other scifi shows.

It will be funny if it ends on a cliffhanger... will Daniel be proposing to Vala?Will Cam be angst ridden over the Daniel\Vala relationship? Will the sprog ever be found or lost forever in the "to be continued" hole? Will teal'c get any lines? Will Sam be exiled to some useless spaceship? Will anyone care?
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

or how lont it takes vala to sink her claws into cam???

Hmmm. Wondering if that's why Lexa Doig may be leaving the show?? REmove the impediment (since she and Cam already had a relationship)? (Not that having the CMO be the CO's daughter *ever* made any sense.)

J.
                    "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
                      It will be funny if it ends on a cliffhanger... will Daniel be proposing to Vala?Will Cam be angst ridden over the Daniel\Vala relationship? Will the sprog ever be found or lost forever in the "to be continued" hole? Will teal'c get any lines? Will Sam be exiled to some useless spaceship? Will anyone care?
                      Yes, that's perfect! A team love triangle. I knew something was missing from my S10 prediction.

Sprog lost. Please, please, please, please, please....

By the sounds of upcoming episodes, Sam's going to have a lot of spaceships to choose from.
                      Someone remind me what the SG in SG-1 stands for?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat

All good and true points well taken.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkQuee1
                          Hmmm. Wondering if that's why Lexa Doig may be leaving the show?? REmove the impediment (since she and Cam already had a relationship)? (Not that having the CMO be the CO's daughter *ever* made any sense.)

J.
                          presuming she's leaving. we don't know that. we never knew whether or not janet would be in an eps ahead of time.

sigpic

Comment

mmhm, spaaaccceeee shiiiiippppssss

hey, maybe instead of muppets they'll find a talking, intelligent spaceship to use on thier missions.

then cam and vala can go off in moya leaving those annoying other people behind

sigpic

Comment

IMO Lost City is one of the best SG-1 episodes ever.IMO it was the last great episode and I'am not sure we'll see another episode like it unless RDA comes back.Many people may not want to hear this but IMO AT MS and CJ have yet to show they can carry this Show without RDA.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                IMO Lost City is one of the best SG-1 episodes ever.IMO it was the last great episode and I'am not sure we'll see another episode like it unless RDA comes back.Many people may not want to hear this but IMO AT MS and CJ have yet to show they can carry this Show without RDA.

I agree with Lost City as one of the best last great episode. But the one item I have difficulty with is the fact that AT, MS, and CJ haven't had a chance to see if they can carry the show w/o RDA.

If you look at S9 TPTB had to find someone fast, in order to keep the "male lead" opinon, and they got BB. Now all those years of having these actors and characters, stick around honing their skills, should have counted for something.

But they never had there chance at it. And somehow I think we'll ever know.

ETA: These are my opinions. Others may vary.
                                Last edited by LaCroix; 26 November 2005, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X