No announcement yet.

S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheesh is right. It's so disheartening to think that there might be bad blood between producers, creators, the network and actors. But that IS looking like the case, when people do interviews consistently and there's NO mentioning of RDA (save from one of the actors who's worked with him for nearly a decade ).

It just smells fishy. Too fishy. And I'm sorry if that makes certain fans come off as crazy vigilantes. We're all (mostly) competent human beings here, and I think every person - specifically scifi fans - has his or her own spidey sense when it comes to certain things. And there's been too much tingling for us to be off base here.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
      I'm curious...how can we have an anti-season 10 thread...for complaints and misgivings...when its not even here yet? We've only finished the front half of season 9! Anything about season 10 is just rumor, assumption, conjecture at this point.
      Allow me to turn it around: How can we have a pro season 10 thread when it isn't even here yet? We're only halfway through season 9 and have only heard the vaguest of rumors about s10. The rest is just conjecture, assumption, and wishful thinking. Just because it's positive doesn't make it any more outlandishly speculative than the negative stuff.

Fans have been theorizing and extrapolating things out of thin air since the show began. Pro, anti, in between... part of being a fan is about drawing your own conclusions. That's what's being done here, it's what's being done on the pro thread, and it's what happens in virtually every show-related thread on the board.

Comment

I personally wouldn't be surprised if we get a new recurring villain in season 10 named Shadowmaat - they like to take names from other characters anyway and seeing as how TPTB seem to dislike our criticisms, it makes sense to me they'd name a villain after this groups' de facto leader.

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
          I personally wouldn't be surprised if we get a new recurring villain in season 10 named Shadowmaat - they like to take names from other characters anyway and seeing as how TPTB seem to dislike our criticisms, it makes sense to me they'd name a villain after this groups' de facto leader.
          I would sincerely hope that ol' Shadow'd get some $$$ from that little endeavor.

Comment

I personally wouldn't be surprised if we get a new recurring villain in season 10 named Shadowmaat.
            Well, there was the life-sucking shadow in Atlantis's Hide & Seek.

Comment

LOLOL

hey, they can homage B5 and we can have the evil shadows

the ancients already look like vorlons anyway
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glennh73
                What about the Aschen, Dannys grandpap with those giants, an so many other ideas from past seasons. Why and dam it why must they ruin our last season with this crap?
                I TOTALLY agree with you!

I see more on the Aschen, The "Giant Aliens", Jack's young clone, Dr. Fraiser's "Adopted Daughter". (why she wasn't in the episode when Fraiser was killed??), More on the Asgaurd's cloning probems, The Furlings. etc... Man, I could go on forever. Oh yeah I almost forgot! Jacks unborn child! Remember when he was stranded on that one planet for a few months? At the end, when Jack started to leave with everyone back through the gate, she rubbed her stomach like she was pregnant. Remember she had asked jack to help her concieve a child, then they cut to a steamy sex seen... I wanna see something on that!!

Comment

Originally posted by SGFanTN
                  I TOTALLY agree with you!

I see more on the Aschen, The "Giant Aliens", Jack's young clone, Dr. Fraiser's "Adopted Daughter". (why she wasn't in the episode when Fraiser was killed??), More on the Asgaurd's cloning probems, The Furlings. etc... Man, I could go on forever. Oh yeah I almost forgot! Jacks unborn child! Remember when he was stranded on that one planet for a few months? At the end, when Jack started to leave with everyone back through the gate, she rubbed her stomach like she was pregnant. Remember she had asked jack to help her concieve a child, then they cut to a steamy sex seen... I wanna see something on that!!
                  didnt the writing team change quite a bit after S3? i dont think the new dudes like the old stories much which is why theyre taking the show somewhere completely different
                  - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Hel-LOOOO!! McFLY!!! Haven't you you guys been reading all the interviews? Season 9 is AWESOME!! It's the BEST EVER!!! And it's the INCREDIBLE NEW CAST EDITIONS that have made it so completely AWESOME! You can't go making the INCREDIBLE NEW CAST EDITIONS look bad by pitting them in dusty, moldy old situations that SG-1 dealt with in those old, boring, unimportant seasons when the team had only one leader. Y'know, that cranky old hack they finally managed to ditch in this AWESOME, BEST EVER season??

Of course, the producers have been ignoring interesting plotlines long before season 9, but now that we're in a WHOLE NEW ERA of Stargate, you can bet your sweet bippy that you'll never hear another peep out of storylines existing prior to season 8.

Comment

Jack, the Ashen, the Tollen, Mayborne, The rest of the Gould, Thor and the Asgard are all locked in a cell beneath the SGC. Daniel and Teal'c have walked by and heard them shouting but have chosen to ignore it because they feel it is for the "best." Sam has begun to question why everything has changed and has dared to ask the question "Where is Jack." I hear they are shipping her off to another galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by STARGATE7777
                        Jack, the Ashen, the Tollen, Mayborne, The rest of the Gould, Thor and the Asgard are all locked in a cell beneath the SGC. Daniel and Teal'c have walked by and heard them shouting but have chosen to ignore it because they feel it is for the "best." Sam has begun to question why everything has changed and has dared to ask the question "Where is Jack." I hear they are shipping her off to another galaxy.
                        LOL. That's an interesting point of view.
                        School is overrated.

Comment

It being a rather dull Sunday, and the continual moans that we're commenting on speculation winding through the thread, I thought I might go all out on S10.
                          So, some spurious S10 speculation follows since, y'know, I've got nothing better to do. There might be spoilers, although one would hope not as I'm making it up as I go along.

Starting at the beginning. If Vala isn't back in the Milky Way by the end of S9 then she magically reappears in the first episode or two by means of some technology never mentioned before, ever, but has the added benefit of allowing Sam Carter to visit Atlantis in a single bound.
                          Vala is still pregnant, because it's funny and cool and original, but will be on the verge of dropping the sprog. Drop sprog(s) at the SGC. Vala acts like uncaring mother until forced to confront her past and be at one with herself (with thanks to Daniel). Just as she gets down to playing happy families we find sprog(s) are saviour of the universe/seed of all future evil/a powerful being required to sway the war by either side.
                          Baby gets dumped in the SG plot hole warehouse (contents currently being databased), or kidnapped, probably both.
                          Daniel angsts about ascendeds being no help. Goes to a planet, moralises, talks natives into a coma, sees opportunity to beat Ori, does something which if any other character did would be utterly unforgivable (say destroying an inhabited planet... or two), ascends in order to fight from above. Unhelpfully fails to find and protect kidlet(s). May get frustrated at this point and turn "bad" - for all the right reasons, obviously.
                          Vala, having links to the SGC, Lucian alliance, and former/current goa'ulds, becomes the unifying force in a new coalition to fight the Ori and, with SG-1 (who?), keeps coming oh-so-close to saving her child(ren).
                          "Bad" Daniel does a bit of an Ori in order to protect people, but pushes it right to the edge and nearly destroys everything. Luckily saved by the love of a good woman (Vala - underlying heart of gold didn't you know?). Descends.
                          Baby not found, plot to be dragged for another season.
                          In the meantime Mitchell and Teal'c run around on the sub Z-plot, and Sam's in Atlantis so don't expect anything clever.

I'll be in my office at The Bridge if anyone wants me...

Things to make you go hmm:
                          Bored on a Sunday as previously mentioned, so with talk in this thread of ratings and cost, and the magic of google I've come up with this...

MacGyver production cost over $1 million per episode (likely not above $1.5 million, since a journalist would write "over $1.5million", they like nice round numbers), audience peak around 17 million viewers.
                          Parker Lewis Can't Lose - $1 million per ep, audience peak around 10 million viewers.
                          Stargate SG-1 - $1.7million, 2.6 million viewers
                          Farscape - $1.5 million, 1 million viewers. (the series not the mini which averaged 1.9 million viewers)

Not sure what I'm saying. Probably something about fish and ponds.

More hmm:
                          http://scifi.about.com/library/weekl...102.htm#update
                          ¤ Demographics: Farcape's Season 4 showed growth in the key demographics of Males 21-34 and 35-44, with exceptional growth in the older male demographic, ages 55-64, more than doubling its share of that age group in Season 3. Among females, there was even more significant growth, particularly in the key Female 21-34 demographic, which nearly doubled. Farscape's share rating in the Males 21-34 group exceeds Stargate SG-1's, and nearly matches Stargate SG-1's rating in the Females 21-34 group. While Farscape does lose a significant portion of Stargate SG-1's lead in for its 10PM airing, the demographic skew of the two programs explain most of that loss: the majority of Stargate SG-1's viewers are Males and Females in the 45-54 age group. Farscape's audience is younger.

Wisdom of chasing the demographic more likely to be watching sports on a Friday, discuss...

Comment

Everyone used to blame RDA for the fact there was no Team episodes anymore.What is the excuse now?I'am sure TPTB will have no problem coming up with an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                              Everyone used to blame RDA for the fact there was no Team episodes anymore.What is the excuse now?I'am sure TPTB will have no problem coming up with an excuse.
                              i think team episodes were getting fewer even when Rick was around. its just if they start dismantling the team any more then team eps would be gone completely
                              - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by smurf
                                <snip>
                                Wisdom of chasing the demographic more likely to be watching sports on a Friday, discuss...
                                SG-1 had demographic A and lasted for 8 years and continues on as strong as ever.
                                Other scifi shows had demographic B and exist for average of 1-4 years.

Therefore it obviously makes since for SG-1 to change in S9-10 to try to get demographic B. They are obviously the demographic you want for a long running successfull show. They have sooo much staying power. I have no clue how they could have missed this. They should have changed the format years ago.. But then we wouldnt be hear having this wonderfully fun conversation.
                                Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                                X