S10: Critique & Contemplation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seshat
    Tsk, tsk, tsk. You are all obviously lightweights when it comes to Stargate drinking games. I have done some serious reasearch into this very subject, and must now remind you guys yet again that the very best drinking game is to have a shot each and every time the klaxon goes off. Of course, this game is best played after popping "Avatar" into the DVD player.
    Haha

Everytime Sam says 'sir' or Teal'c raises his eyebrows are good ones too

Comment

Every time it's mentioned that Sam's "at Atlantis doing such-and-such" will be a keeper for SG-1.

Every time it's mentioned that Sam's "back at the SGC doing such-and-such" will be a keeper for Atlantis.

Every time Daniel, Vala or Cam says a line that sounds waaay too Jack-ish...

Oy. It's a good thing I don't drink.

Comment

Me, I like drinking beer after beer with my buddies. And you know what? I still can't get drunk to pass out under the table. Because it's beer.
        School is overrated.

Comment

The ultimate drinking game is tied between two contenders...

First take a drink everytime you hear the word "bats" during the movie Bats. You better have atleast 50 beers in your house before attempting this. (EX: "Do you see any bats? No, now that you mention bats, I haven't seen bats for some time. Hmm...bats you say, that reminds me of a bat story I heard as a kid saying that bats will take over the world and establish a bat colony for bats and only bats.")

Second, play Bushido Blade versus mode and drink every time you lose, those of you who know this game will see the genius in turning this into a drinking game without me explaining it.

Comment

A small piece of advise: eat lard before you go to a drinking contest so your body can't absorb the alcool. And thus you win the contest.
            Now the question that arises from this is: what to do when it is not a contest? And you watch a bad SG-1 episode (say 9x04 The Ties That Bind). Would you really like to be sober? Or you would like a brain anesthesia so you won't feel any pain while watching that episode? And if it is a contest, the only contest I see is: Who passes out first? You because you didn't eat lard before drinking? Or the TV because you set it to automatically turn off shortly after the episode is over?
            That is a real dilema.
            Last edited by The Engineer; 18 November 2005, 01:12 AM.
            School is overrated.

Comment

Ties taht Bind is definitely a drinkie eps.

you know, if t were another show that would have been different. but it was such a blatant farscape ripoff i k ep waiting for the puppets to show up
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Message to TPTB:
                Don't you even think of doing another episode like that in season 10 !
                Have mercy of me! I'll enter in an alcoholic coma.

note: I know you don't care, but that "stunt" of yours really really annoyed me.
                School is overrated.

Comment

I'm curious...how can we have an anti-season 10 thread...for complaints and misgivings...when its not even here yet? We've only finished the front half of season 9! Anything about season 10 is just rumor, assumption, conjecture at this point.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                    A small piece of advise: eat lard before you go to a drinking contest so your body can't absorb the alcool. And thus you win the contest.
                    I'm pretty sure that doesn't work. Lard would coat the stomach just fine (eeewww), but alcohol is absorbed in the gut and I think the lard would have broken down by then. I may be wrong, but don't bank on that technique. You could use it as a practical joke though. Meanie.

Other drinking ideas for s10:
                    -Drink every time we see or someone talks about
                    Spoiler:
                    Vala spawn.

-Drink every time there's talk about religion (Ori or Cam's granny).

-Drink every time Daniel appears frustrated with Vala.

-Drink every time Vala says something sexual (instant drunk right there! )

-Drink every time Lam rolls her eyes at her da.

-Drink every time Cam tries a cute quip.

-Drink the whole bottle if someone explains what happened to Jack.

-Go to the liquor store and buy everything you see if there's a Sam/Jack wedding. Ditto if Jonas makes a guest appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                      I'm curious...how can we have an anti-season 10 thread...for complaints and misgivings...when its not even here yet? We've only finished the front half of season 9! Anything about season 10 is just rumor, assumption, conjecture at this point.
                      yah, all we've heard so far are rumours but it doesnt mean we cant comment on them
                      besides, i guess if we start complaining about S10 now, when it actually airs and we find out that it really is as bad as we thought, then we won't be as disheartened
                      - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                        -Drink the whole bottle if someone explains what happened to Jack.

-Go to the liquor store and buy everything you see if there's a Sam/Jack wedding.
                        Oh I like these.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          I'm pretty sure that doesn't work. Lard would coat the stomach just fine (eeewww), but alcohol is absorbed in the gut and I think the lard would have broken down by then. I may be wrong, but don't bank on that technique. You could use it as a practical joke though. Meanie.
                          Oh, but it works like a charm, for centuries.
                          If you find lard distatefull , you could always drink a coup oil (sunflower etc. any kind of cooking oil), fresh cooking oil before drinking alcohol. It is a tested method. Or could eat pig fat (I don't know the term for "slanina").
                          It is also known that if you drink on an empty stomach you get drunk faster than when your stomach is filled (even with food). I know that from experience.
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Engineer
                            Oh, but it works like a charm, for centuries.
                            If you find lard distatefull , you could always drink a coup oil (sunflower etc. any kind of cooking oil), fresh cooking oil before drinking alcohol. It is a tested method. Or could eat pig fat (I don't know the term for "slanina").
                            It is also known that if you drink on an empty stomach you get drunk faster than when your stomach is filled (even with food). I know that from experience.
                            Oh heck...just eat Mexican food before you go party. Then on your way home...have someone take your drunken rear to Taco Bell...and order a few tacos. Everything will be fine in the morning!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter
                              Oh heck...just eat Mexican food before you go party. Then on your way home...have someone take your drunken rear to Taco Bell...and order a few tacos. Everything will be fine in the morning!
                              I'm not sure about the Mexican food. Lots of peper, chilli. I don't know if everything will be OK in the morning. You know that chilli will take its toll (you know want I mean ).
                              note: I don't know the composition of a taco so I assumed they use lots of peper, chilli. Here we don't have tacos.
                              School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel
                                I have to chuckle, though, regarding CJ's comment about them being seen previously as RDA and the 3 smucks (or some such thing); that in S9 it was much more of an ensemble with ALL characters being showcased equally. Right! Teal'c is as underused as he ever was and now it's more like Vala and the 4 smucks.
                                So true. Teal'c is more wallpaper this year than he has been since season 1. I was really ticked at his comments (which smacked of things that MS implied during the year he was off the show), because RDA--who was the 500-pound gorilla--could have dominated the entire show if he had wanted to. Instead, he was more than happy to give lines to everyone else. All of them had strong storylines for them alone, and they all had multiple eps each year centered around their characters (including Teal'c. Something we haven't really seen for him this year). After reading them, I expected to see amazing things for Teal'c this year, while the actual season so far has me scratching my head as to what he thought was so marvelous for his character.

All of this is coming off--especially from Cooper--as sour grapes. They appear to be really ticked that RDA would not sign on again for another year, conveniently forgetting all the extra years he gave them that he did not want to, simply so the show would continue and everyone would still have jobs. Now, it's as if they want to convince--us? Themselves?--that RDA had nothing to do with the success of the show (he may even had held it back!) and that it was all them.

Sheesh.

J.
                                "He's an amazing man. After everything he's done, he's still modest. Quite self-effacing actually. He even likes people to think he's not as smart as he is. Bottom line, he's an incredibly strong leader who's given more to this program than any man has given to anything I can imagine."

Comment

Working...
                                X