S10: nostalgia, new viewers & the progression of SG1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGateFan
    EDIT: Oh, and no babies or childern of any type (except maybe one isolated ep if the story is good like it was for Casandra)
    I agree with you. Don't forget the episode with that boy (2x20 Show and Tell), that was a good episode too in my oppinion.

Good think they have a conclusion to 9x20 (it ends with a "TO BE CONTINUED" line).
    School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
      I say, bring it on! (With Carter in at least three-quarters of the episodes.)
      i totally agree hatcheter but maybe im biased cos im a sam fan. i say s10 bring it on!!!. i think a lot of people jump the gun and say what the point of a s10 it will be crap but has anyone seen the end of s9 it could be brill. lets just see what happens . people KEEP THE FAITH!!

Comment

i cant wait for S10, i hope they do all the things they shoulda done ages ago....public revelation !!!!!!! bring on S10
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          This is a place where we can use our imaginations. Works for me.
          Yea for imagination!

Do you guys think that the Ori will be beat by the end of Season 9? Some of my floormates and I were talking, and we got on this discussion...

If you do think that they'll be beaten, who will come up in Season 10?

Thank you for 10 years of Sam Carter, Amanda Tapping!
          My LJ "I Live in a Sci-Fi World"
          My Stargate (Mostly Sam Carter) Icons
          My Stargate Videos
          It's meant to be!

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
            i cant wait for S10, i hope they do all the things they shoulda done ages ago....public revelation !!!!!!! bring on S10
            No, I don't agree with you because IMO that would be a showkiller, a jump in the shark. The thing that I liked in this show is that all this might happen now. So if they would go public then it would not be now but fiction (although Stargate is fiction) or maybe an alternate reality. I'm not such a fan of alternate reality (permanent ones). And as stated in a previous episode the only reality that counts is ours (3x06 Point of View).
            Besides if they go public then everything they do (the SG-1 and the SGC) will be under a very damaging microscope. So every little mistake would bring them (SG-1) to the point of being pulled out of the program because of all the negative press articles. So if they would still be arround the show would lose any sense of reality.
            Ignorance is bliss . Would you really like to know that if you don't worship some wacky beings we will be wacked. It would be like a death row.
            School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC
              Yea for imagination!

Do you guys think that the Ori will be beat by the end of Season 9? Some of my floormates and I were talking, and we got on this discussion...

Tell your floormates: Don't hold your breath!
              The Ori will not be defeated until the end of season 9 (cliffhangers are for a very good reason). Not even at the end of season 10. Maybe 11 or 12.
              And then and then and then and then....
              The Furlings (who had turned bad) will come and claim our souls to use them as fuel.
              School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColonelSamC

I doubt it. The Ori have turned out to be great villains and I think it would be a mistake (and also a little unbelievable) to get rid of them so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                  I doubt it. The Ori have turned out to be great villains and I think it would be a mistake (and also a little unbelievable) to get rid of them so quickly.
                  Exactly. The Ori are becoming great villans, and I think things are just getting started in our struggle against them. Besides, I think we still have a lot to learn about just how evil they really are. Hopefully we'll still be trying to fend them off in season 14.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the_fifth_man
                    Besides, I think we still have a lot to learn about just how evil they really are. Hopefully we'll still be trying to fend them off in season 14.
                    I love your optimism, the_fifth_man.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                      Exactly. The Ori are becoming great villans, and I think things are just getting started in our struggle against them. Besides, I think we still have a lot to learn about just how evil they really are. Hopefully we'll still be trying to fend them off in season 14.
                      It seems that the SGC might be approaching a way to deal with the Priors. I suspect that they'll beat back the priors at the end of the season, but it will be a moot point, as the full assault is coming to convert by the sword. I'm hoping S10 will be galactic war, of a scope not seen in the show before.

a time to mourn

Comment

Bring it on

Comment

Originally posted by Naeara
                          I love your optimism, the_fifth_man.
                          Thank you much.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I wish the Ori had come earlier! I would have loved to see Reckoning with Goa'uld, Replicators, and the Ori. But since that didn't happen, the Ori are great enemies, and really enjoy how season 9 is playing them out. Although they seem outwardly obvious in their ideology, I feel they are very different and have many dark disturbing secrets. I look forward to Season 10 and still the second half of season 9 to find out more. SG-1 is my scifi fix, and I look forward to watching it for many more years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnquixote
                              I wish the Ori had come earlier! I would have loved to see Reckoning with Goa'uld, Replicators, and the Ori. But since that didn't happen, the Ori are great enemies, and really enjoy how season 9 is playing them out. Although they seem outwardly obvious in their ideology, I feel they are very different and have many dark disturbing secrets. I look forward to Season 10 and still the second half of season 9 to find out more. SG-1 is my scifi fix, and I look forward to watching it for many more years to come.
                              Personnaly, I like the way the SGC basically invited the Ori to our galaxy. I do hope they might explore that a bit, in the same way that Atlantis adresses their own complicity in the Wraith's awakening.

a time to mourn

Comment

Well, I'm lovin' season nine... can't wait for season ten!

Rather than dwelling on the past (as many fans would like), SG-1 needs to continue focusing on new plots. We need new allies, new enemies and new story lines! I can't wait to see Mitchell and Vala (along with Landry and Lam) grow into their characters, and continue to play a vital role in the Stargate Universe.

Also, I'd love to see Teal'c continue to fight for the fledgling Jaffa nation and to see the day when all Jaffa are brothers. Daniel Jackson should continue on with his quest to discredit the Ori and reach enlightenment (on his own). Samantha Carter should continue to grow as a leader and a scientist... even if that means making a few road trips to Atlantis. After all, she is far to valuable to be a member of SG-1 forever.

I think that SG-1 can once again reach the greatness of the glory days (seasons 3-6)... not by rehashing old stories, but by creating new ones.
                                Last edited by Kelso; 14 November 2005, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X