Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 3 Thread (SGA). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Anti Season 3 Thread (SGA). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Here's a place for all of those that think Season 3 of Atlantis is a horrible idea, to express why they feel there is no hope for the show to go on.

(And I would like Skydiver for giving me the greenlight to start this thread)
    sigpic

<snip>
    No it isn't, I do have the OK (from the mods) to this thread.
    Last edited by Skydiver; 10 November 2005, 06:37 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Ignore the troll, Aby. I've already reported the post.

I have a few misgivings about S3, but not enough info to really solidify them into a complaint. Yet.

Comment

you're kidding! I can't believe I gave you green earlier, Abydos!

Comment

<snip>
          Heh you have a habit of going against the mods, but they are in charge, so be careful what you say...

Anyways, like Shadow I don't really know how to put my concerns into a coherent complaint yet. I just feel rather frustrated with the narrow focus of Atlantis. Not every episode of SG1's first few seasons were about the goa'uld, but has one epi of Atlantis gone by where we havent heard the word wraith? Ugh.

Comment

and i'm gonna move this and the pro thread into the s2 folder for the time being until darren makes a s3 folder

the only reason i'm doing this is to limit the spoilers in the general area

and, if you, any You out there, doesnt' like this thread...don't play here. There is a pro thread in existence.

Off topic posts will be deleted here and in the other three threads
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm beginning to worry that Atlantis will never be able to break away from SG-1 and that it'll never be as unique and daring and different as it could be. Lots of stuff seems to be derivative of SG-1 and if Sam ends up crossing over for more than a couple of eps... *grinds teeth*

Comment

And, in this and the other three threads started tonight, if you see an off topic post, DON"T QUOTE IT. please, you just give the mods extra work to do because then i not only have to delete that post, i have to edit yours

report it and move on
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm all for another season of SGA, but the thing that I have a little bit of hesitation about is the uncertain future of Sam Carter. I just have a feeling that if she ends up in the Pegasus Galaxy that it isn't going to be good for anyone involved. Don't know if that counts as Anti-Season Three, but that's my only major issue with next year at this point. Hopefully it won't be as big of a problem as I worry it will be.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Hey, I think SGA is on its way to hell in a handbasket, but let's see how low they can go. Season 2 was far worse than Season 1, so Season 3 can do the limbo in terms of insulting the intelligence of the viewer!

Comment

I want to support this Thread and the right to post it. However at the moment I dont have too many complaints.

I would like to see more Ford. But dont like the idea of messing with the cast any more until the current ones get on their feet. Also, I dont like the idea of anyone going "dark" (its just me but I watch for fun not to get upset or depressed). On the other hand they said that Mckay was "dark" in the first half of S2, and granted there were some eps he was annoying and sligthly OOC, but otherwise I still love his character.
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
                        I'm all for another season of SGA, but the thing that I have a little bit of hesitation about is the uncertain future of Sam Carter. I just have a feeling that if she ends up in the Pegasus Galaxy that it isn't going to be good for anyone involved. Don't know if that counts as Anti-Season Three, but that's my only major issue with next year at this point. Hopefully it won't be as big of a problem as I worry it will be.
                        Ditto
                        sigpic

Comment

No crossovers (not for that many episodes). Bad bad bad ideea. Atlantis shouldn't be about Carter. Crossovers are for the first season of spin-off then the show stands on itself. But in the third season is a bit tooooo late for that.
                          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by walterIsTheMan
                            <snip>
                            Heh you have a habit of going against the mods, but they are in charge, so be careful what you say...

Anyways, like Shadow I don't really know how to put my concerns into a coherent complaint yet. I just feel rather frustrated with the narrow focus of Atlantis. Not every episode of SG1's first few seasons were about the goa'uld, but has one epi of Atlantis gone by where we havent heard the word wraith? Ugh.
                            They are more of an immediate threat than the goa'uld were though...

Comment

I don't like in season 2 how they have transport to and from Earth. I would really hate for that to continue and grow in season 3 as indications seem to be implying with Carter making frequent cross-overs. What was so great about season 1 was the isolation, and if you can come and go as you please between Atlantis and Earth it's not as interesting. I'm all for the Daedalus blowing up or a crystal blowing up in the DHD and making it so we can't contact Earth again.
                              It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Working...
                              X