• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 8 / 7 Q about a Line in "New Order"

What did Jack mean when he said:

"All I remember is something about Twins?"

SPOILER:

He probably remembers himself as a hologram looking at his unconscious real body.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Maybe the Coor's Light Twins or w\e? I was wondering about this myself.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Or something thats naughty... But ya, we can't go into that
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'm guessing it was him looking at his own body, unless anyone can think of anything else relevant before he stuck his head in the Ancient thing.....
          "You have no idea the tortures he is capable of."
          "You ended a sentence with a preposition..........b*stard!"

Comment

Someone inspired an idea on that in the "funniest line" thread, which I shall now quote (out of laziness on my part )

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
            Originally posted by greytop
            They were trying to get away from Anbuis' goons. (Lost City Pts 1 & 2)
            Actually you're not too far off from one possibility. It could be that he doesn't remember anything from just after he was put in stasis. The twins comment may refer to the fact that Anubis kept sending down pairs of supersoldiers (poor TPTB only having two actors to do the supersoldier thing) trying to stop them from activating the weapon.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

The line was completely ad-libbed by RDA, which means it likely has nothing to do with the series.

My bet is on the Olsen Twins turning 18 on June 13th.
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                The line was completely ad-libbed by RDA, which means it likely has nothing to do with the series.

My bet is on the Olsen Twins turning 18 on June 13th.
                Indeed. It could be something real life, or he could have just gone with the first thing he thought of that recently happened to his character and made for a funny line. Only RDA knows for sure. Does he do cons? Someone could always ask. It's probably the only way we'll find out.
                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I've given my opinion on this in another thread, but what they hey... <g>

I just assumed he was referring to the 'classic' male sexual fantasy of making love to twins. IOW, he'd been having a really good dream until they woke him up.

Albion
                  Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                    I just assumed he was referring to the 'classic' male sexual fantasy of making love to twins. IOW, he'd been having a really good dream until they woke him up.
                    Goodness! And I thought I had a gutter head?

I didn't give the line a second thought and interpreted it to mean something about hologram/comatose O'Neill. However, given that it's an adlib, who knows what he was thinking? That's all part of the fun, right?
                    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                    once done, cannot be undone...
                    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I was wondering what it ment to, all I could think of was that it was the two different Dr. Weir, but he didn't meet the new one yet.
                      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

The dream of twins!!! that is a Jack thing. My first though was Daniel's (IE) Micheal Shanks wife in real life, is exspeting there first child, when? I don't know, but maybe Jack(IE RDA)was thinking out loud, and yes it was an adlib. We my never know.

Comment

Maybe it was the S.S.
                          Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
                          O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

I'm sure it was a sexdream

Comment

I read in an interview with someone that RDA ad-libed this line and "Who's your daddy" and they just left them in. I think he was just being silly??? I think I was reading an interview with one of the directors or someone in Sci-fi Weekly ( I have defective short term memory) and my long term memory is nothing to write home about, but this is an explanation I can live with. And I don't have to worry about what it means this way.

Comment

Working...
                              X