PDA

View Full Version : New Cybermen revealed.

IMForeman
November 10th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Check out the New Cybermen! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/images/cyberman2006.jpg)

Very retro, very much a followup on the 60's designs. I like.

Seshat
November 10th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Check out the New Cybermen! (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/images/cyberman2006.jpg)

Very retro, very much a followup on the 60's designs. I like. Oh, I absolutely LOVE the design!! :cool: I'm glad they kept the flavor of the old look intact. :)

Dallista
November 10th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Oh, duh, I should read before posting (delete message in other topic).

I like the design, too. Not overly thrilled about it (it still doesn't look terrifying), but yeah, it looks enough like the old ones, with a bit of 'modern' to it. Job well done. I hope they'll be really scary.

BritAngie
November 10th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Woah that's fantastic!!!! Phew- they could have looked soooo bad...

The Signal
November 10th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Nice, looking forward to seeing them in action

yaaayoubetcha
November 10th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Cyberman meets Ultron

love that design.

looks like they can even bend over now!

not sure i like the 'C' logo on the chest though.

Metarock Sam
November 10th, 2005, 01:50 PM
I think they are brillient and are much more cyber. Very cool.

Missster.Freeman
November 10th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Nice! The BBC effects department has certainly improved over the years. :)

Night Marshal
November 11th, 2005, 02:10 AM
Does anyone know want justification is used to bring back the Cyberman. From what i remember they were more or less wiped out or will it be like the Darleks(who are much cooler as so much more comppetent) and just over looked for the sack of having classic villans back.

Billz
November 11th, 2005, 04:14 AM
Can anyone recommend an episode of the original Doctor Who with the cybermen. I havnt seen them in action yet so i would like to watch a old episode because i cant wait untill season 2 of the new series..

IMForeman
November 11th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Does anyone know want justification is used to bring back the Cyberman. From what i remember they were more or less wiped out or will it be like the Darleks(who are much cooler as so much more comppetent) and just over looked for the sack of having classic villans back.

First, it's Daleks, not Darleks. Second, one group of them was destroyed in Silver Nemesis, but Cybermen are hardly a unified group. There are bunches of these guys in nomadic tribes all over the place. There is a rumor that these Cybermen are remnants from the fleet in Silver Nemesis, the Cybermen being recreated by the Cybus corporation (hence the "C" on this fellow's chest). It's also rumored that it's a parallel Earth, and not the one that Rose and Mickey come from. We'll find out one way or the other next year.

The Signal
November 11th, 2005, 08:12 AM
I heard that it was an alterna earth as well. As for why they are here, who knows, but I bet it will be written well enough to satisfy even the most critical viewer

cvife
November 11th, 2005, 10:06 AM
very cool.
i think there coming to earth for the same reason the borg come to earth, to assimilate the human race into there own species

Mr Prophet
November 11th, 2005, 10:09 AM
There is a rumor that these Cybermen are remnants from the fleet in Silver Nemesis, the Cybermen being recreated by the Cybus corporation (hence the "C" on this fellow's chest).

You'd think you'd want to rebrand, wouldn't you? Come up with a name without all that baggage. 'Metaltron' or something.

Like the Daleks, there's no real reason not to bring the Daleks back. In fact, the only 'difficulty' with the Daleks was that they inserted a reason for there to be no more Daleks.

Anyway, like the Daleks, the Cybermen have at least rudimentary time travel capability, so they can show up anywhere and anywhen the writers want them.

Personally, I quite like these ones (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/realtime/cybermen/cgi_animation/realmedia/bb_greg.ram).

The Signal
November 11th, 2005, 10:10 AM
very cool.
i think there coming to earth for the same reason the borg come to earth, to assimilate the human race into there own species

Welcome to the forum, and I agree, they will just want to make us into one of them, and destroy as much as they can of course, ahh for the life of a robotic villain...

Mr Prophet
November 11th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Welcome to the forum, and I agree, they will just want to make us into one of them, and destroy as much as they can of course, ahh for the life of a robotic villain...

Well, that is the cyber-raison d'etre. Speaking of which, I do hope that they resist the temptation to stick 'cyber' on the front of everything that has to do with the cyber-race.

kirmit
November 11th, 2005, 11:26 AM
I like the design however looks a lot like Ironman imo.

BritAngie
November 11th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Cyberman meets Ultron
not sure i like the 'C' logo on the chest though.

Hm I never noticed the "C"- assumed it was some sort of access port- sort of like a petrol cap! :D

The Signal
November 11th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Hm I never noticed the "C"- assumed it was some sort of access port- sort of like a petrol cap!

A word of warning from the RAC

Remember, your Cybermen will only take Diesel. Every day 300 people use unleaded in their cybermen and it can cost up to £3000 to repair.

Stan
November 11th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Like seeing the human chin - will have to wiggle their heads more to indicate which one is speaking.

Stan

Mr Prophet
November 11th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Of course, the real test of any heavy-duty suit is in the motion; if it moves badly, it can look as shiny as it likes and it'll still suck. The original Predator moved well, that's why it was so cool. The ones in AvP didn't, that was just one of the reasons why it blew.

Stricken
November 12th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Cool, it was about time :D

creed462
November 12th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Cool, it was about time :D
Yeah they are cool, but I kinda like the ones from the comic better.

Willow'sCat
November 12th, 2005, 05:49 PM

Very retro, very much a followup on the 60's designs. I like.Oh I don't know what I think of this. :S The head is very much like the 1960's style but what is with the body? :cool: I didn't really want them in the spandex jumpsuits but this is going to take a bit of getting used to. Wonder if they will still have the "talking into a bottle" kind of voices.:D

No not sure about the new look will have to see them in action.