X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Cybermen revealed.

Check out the New Cybermen!

Very retro, very much a followup on the 60's designs. I like.
    "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
    "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
    BAD WOLF!!!

Originally posted by IMForeman
    Check out the New Cybermen!

Very retro, very much a followup on the 60's designs. I like.
    Oh, I absolutely LOVE the design!! I'm glad they kept the flavor of the old look intact.

Comment

Oh, duh, I should read before posting (delete message in other topic).

I like the design, too. Not overly thrilled about it (it still doesn't look terrifying), but yeah, it looks enough like the old ones, with a bit of 'modern' to it. Job well done. I hope they'll be really scary.

Comment

Woah that's fantastic!!!! Phew- they could have looked soooo bad...

Comment

Nice, looking forward to seeing them in action
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Cyberman meets Ultron

love that design.

looks like they can even bend over now!

not sure i like the 'C' logo on the chest though.
            Thanks!
            Jordan

my page
            My LJ
            From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I think they are brillient and are much more cyber. Very cool.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Nice! The BBC effects department has certainly improved over the years.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Does anyone know want justification is used to bring back the Cyberman. From what i remember they were more or less wiped out or will it be like the Darleks(who are much cooler as so much more comppetent) and just over looked for the sack of having classic villans back.
                  "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOW - What a RIDE!"

Comment

Can anyone recommend an episode of the original Doctor Who with the cybermen. I havnt seen them in action yet so i would like to watch a old episode because i cant wait untill season 2 of the new series..
                    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by Night Marshal
                      Does anyone know want justification is used to bring back the Cyberman. From what i remember they were more or less wiped out or will it be like the Darleks(who are much cooler as so much more comppetent) and just over looked for the sack of having classic villans back.
                      First, it's Daleks, not Darleks. Second, one group of them was destroyed in Silver Nemesis, but Cybermen are hardly a unified group. There are bunches of these guys in nomadic tribes all over the place. There is a rumor that these Cybermen are remnants from the fleet in Silver Nemesis, the Cybermen being recreated by the Cybus corporation (hence the "C" on this fellow's chest). It's also rumored that it's a parallel Earth, and not the one that Rose and Mickey come from. We'll find out one way or the other next year.
                      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

I heard that it was an alterna earth as well. As for why they are here, who knows, but I bet it will be written well enough to satisfy even the most critical viewer
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

very cool.
                          i think there coming to earth for the same reason the borg come to earth, to assimilate the human race into there own species

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                            There is a rumor that these Cybermen are remnants from the fleet in Silver Nemesis, the Cybermen being recreated by the Cybus corporation (hence the "C" on this fellow's chest).
                            You'd think you'd want to rebrand, wouldn't you? Come up with a name without all that baggage. 'Metaltron' or something.

Like the Daleks, there's no real reason not to bring the Daleks back. In fact, the only 'difficulty' with the Daleks was that they inserted a reason for there to be no more Daleks.

Anyway, like the Daleks, the Cybermen have at least rudimentary time travel capability, so they can show up anywhere and anywhen the writers want them.

Personally, I quite like these ones.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by cvif
                              very cool.
                              i think there coming to earth for the same reason the borg come to earth, to assimilate the human race into there own species
                              Welcome to the forum, and I agree, they will just want to make us into one of them, and destroy as much as they can of course, ahh for the life of a robotic villain...

Comment

Working...
                              X