PDA

View Full Version : An infirmary.....

Mio
July 13th, 2004, 10:18 AM
We don't really have one in Atlantis.

Sure they'll bring medical supplies...probably...well...it would have been dumb not to.

But wouldn't Atlantis's doctor's office be a room with a cube on a table? I wonder if we'll figure out how to use those cubes in a way that we don't end up becoming mindless zombies....

greytop
July 13th, 2004, 11:41 AM
The probably do have one but we have not seen it yet. It would probably show up in the premier of the show.

Janus
July 13th, 2004, 11:44 AM
They must have one, otherwise they wouldn't have brought Dr. Beckett along.

Nolamom
July 13th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Should be interesting to see how that plays out. I mean, they can't believe that no one would get hurt...

Selmak
July 13th, 2004, 01:20 PM
**Spoilers**
Since Dr. Beckett is said to have the gene to use Ancient tech... I hope they will find some cool ancient medical devices.

Mio
July 13th, 2004, 01:33 PM
**Spoilers**
Since Dr. Beckett is said to have the gene to use Ancient tech... I hope they will find some cool ancient medical devices.
More spoilers space.

Well, Why would the ancients need anything other than the cube and the stasis thing?

w1cket01
July 13th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Actually the ancients could just heal each other right?

uknesvuinng
July 13th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Actually the ancients could just heal each other right?
To some degree, then they were drained afterwards. The cube would have allowed them to be healed, possibly even if they were dead, and the healer wouldn't be adversely affected.

sgeureka
July 14th, 2004, 01:04 AM
I don't know whether the Atlantic people needed an infirmary some million years ago, but the Atlantis team will soon build one for themselves (the picture doesn't contain major spoilers, as far as I can see):

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/107_11.shtml

VirtualCLD
July 14th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Possible Spoilers

That doesn't look like an infirmary on (in?) Atlantis though That looks like an infirmary on the planet Hoff. I don't think that's an infirmary the Atlantis team built, I think that's built by the Hoffians. We'll just have to wait and see what the team does.

shockwave
July 14th, 2004, 06:14 AM
I completely agree, it's on Hoff

Chirp
July 15th, 2004, 08:43 PM
SPOILLER BIG SPOILLER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
?
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
what I saw in one of the previews on Atlantis that the col. of the team, that got sucked into the Stargate programm, by no other then Brig. Gen. Jack O'Niell himself, because of the gene he has, is just like Jacks. He gets attacked by some big bug on the neck and they try to shot it off, but it looks like it is more harm them good. We will have to waite and see if he has any powers of the angents or not. We see he can use the chair Jack was in, but what more can he do? Is there some desending Angents that can lay hands on them and heal them like Jack did to Bra"tec or is Dr Frasier going to be there? After all we really don't know where she went, but dead!!! right? Is she an angent like Daniel was? Tune in tomorrow night for the ansure, that is the show..... tune into the show Stargate Atlantis to find the ansure!!!! I am. :S

sgeureka
July 15th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Possible Spoilers

That doesn't look like an infirmary on (in?) Atlantis though That looks like an infirmary on the planet Hoff.
I don't read the spoilers (even if I did I couldn't remember 5min afterwards anyway). I just looked at the pictures and thought it was in Atlantis. :o I think you're right. :)

VirtualCLD
July 16th, 2004, 04:03 AM
True, I do read spoilers, but preferably not the ones that give away the endings. however, the double hung windows in the background kind of gave it away that it was most-likely not Atlantis. (Although, who knows, maybe the Ancients like those types of pane glass windows)

aAnubiSs
July 16th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Short memory is always helpful :)

greytop
July 26th, 2004, 01:21 PM
We don't really have one in Atlantis.

Sure they'll bring medical supplies...probably...well...it would have been dumb not to.

But wouldn't Atlantis's doctor's office be a room with a cube on a table? I wonder if we'll figure out how to use those cubes in a way that we don't end up becoming mindless zombies....
Atlantis does have an infirmary, now. It was shown in Hide and Seek. In fact, I like it better than the one in SG-1.

David85
July 26th, 2004, 01:52 PM
It should look betetr than Earth ones, but I'm bothered buy the mattres things on the beds, did they bring mattresses that just happened to fit in it? :)

Ugly Pig
July 26th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Who says they weren't already there? Surely, the Ancients would have needed them, too? :)

July 26th, 2004, 02:38 PM
The cube is an abomination. It wrecks havoc on human psyche. From what we have seen, the cube is an superior version of the sarcophagus. The Wraith drains your life, the cube drains your soul. There is a remote possibility the sarcophagus is one of the factor that made the Goa'uld the egocentric race they are today.

Before they can negate the mental effect of the cube, they will definitely have an infirmary.

Mio
July 26th, 2004, 07:30 PM
The cube is an abomination. It wrecks havoc on human psyche. From what we have seen, the cube is an superior version of the sarcophagus. The Wraith drains your life, the cube drains your soul. There is a remote possibility the sarcophagus is one of the factor that made the Goa'uld the egocentric race they are today.

Before they can negate the mental effect of the cube, they will definitely have an infirmary.

Only because we don't know how to use it (if it can be used) on a Human body.

greytop
July 26th, 2004, 07:42 PM
What is the cube? I have never heard of it before I have read this thread.

July 26th, 2004, 07:49 PM
The Cube:

uknesvuinng
July 26th, 2004, 09:06 PM
What is the cube? I have never heard of it before I have read this thread.
You sir, have probably just been spoiled.

Metonic
July 26th, 2004, 09:29 PM
they do have one its ina big room, but I wouldnt be suprised if that was really a war room and they blew up the pateints by accedent.

VirtualCLD
July 27th, 2004, 05:59 AM
they do have one its ina big room, but I wouldnt be suprised if that was really a war room and they blew up the pateints by accedent.
You mean like a magazine room (no not the kind you read, the kind that blows up)? That would be funny, Dr. Beckett true to use a thought activated healing device and all of the sudden... BOOM!