This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thor and his ships SPOILERS

Looking at New Order I kinda noticed that Thor was the only asgard on his ship...just like many other episodes...don't know about you guys but I'd like to see some crew on board just to give it a bit of character-c'mon its massive.
    Spoilers:

That being said, there was an episode (forgot name) in which thor ordered his crew off his ship and stayed behind to stop the reps eating earth alive...which brings me to another question..with Baal getting all fired up this season why don't the asgard hang around earth for a while (in orbit)...i think they kinda owe us big time on this on...what do you guys think?
    Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
    O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

They definatly owe it to us but I don't think they would until they're sure the replicators are destroyed and the rebuilding of their civilization started.

Comment

The episode you refer to is Nemesis (322).

If your whole civilisation is threatend to be destroied, your would not hang around in earth's orbit to wait for Baal, if he appears...
      www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

some Spoiler Space First

I'm thinking it was a "dangerous" mission and the Asgards wanted to reduce the possibility of casualties if something went wrong. Therefore, Thor, being the brave Asgard Warrior/Supreme Commander (smirk) volunteered for the solo mission. Or... they could have felt that the Replicators were as good as dead and seriously underestimated them. the Asgards may have felt they needed everyone to help rebuild and protect the new homeworld and only one Asgard would be enough to monitor the situation with the Replicators.

Also, yes, I do agree the Asgard owe us, but I think they need to concentrate their efforts into rebuilding a homeworld AND protect, now more so then ever because the Replicators are loose and who knows how quickly they can hunt them down and prevent the Replicators from evolving far enough to adapt to the new weapon.

Comment

Spoliers:

I don't think the Replicators could evolve to defend against it easily, it prevents the blocks from staying together/communicating so they'd need to either completely change how they interface with each other or develop some kind of sheild. I think TPTB are going to wrap up the replicator threat this season so I'd doubt that the replicators will be able to launch a proper counter offensive.

Comment

I don't think the Replicators could evolve to defend against it easily, it prevents the blocks from staying together/communicating so they'd need to either completely change how they interface with each other or develop some kind of sheild.
            i was thinking, they still have the time dilation device. use it to evolve quickly and adapt to the new weapon. This is one reason why thte Asgard want to be rid of the replicators ASAP. However, I feel you're right, TPTB want to wrap up this Replicator story line once and for all. It just doesn't seem like they've finished just yet, hopefully later on in S8, maybe even second half.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
              i was thinking, they still have the time dilation device. use it to evolve quickly and adapt to the new weapon. This is one reason why thte Asgard want to be rid of the replicators ASAP. However, I feel you're right, TPTB want to wrap up this Replicator story line once and for all. It just doesn't seem like they've finished just yet, hopefully later on in S8, maybe even second half.
              Are we sure that Fifth still has the time dilation device? The original vessel (or the gross majority of it) was destroyed by the Asgard fleet orbiting Orilla.

I'd assume that the Asgard would be evacuating Orilla, now that the replicators are aware of its location. The "saving minds" situation is no longer a factor, since the replicators are no longer a threat.

The Asgard could move to a remote planet unknown to the replicators and use the already-established infrastructure on Orilla as a neutronium mining facility. Heck, ship the mineral via Stargate to the new homeworld, and they're set.
              "So are we taking your car or mine, or am I just gonna follow you?"
              Daniel Jackson - "Affinity"

Comment

You have a point about the time dilation device. However, i beleive Thor clearly stated, Orilla (or however you spell it) is the Asgard Civilization's last hope of survival. He also mentioned it took them a while to find that one planet. Me thinks they don't want to waste time trying to find another planet and live like nomads in the mean time. I'm pretty sure the asgards are going to be staying put on Orilla and rebuild their homeworld there. Neutronium must be very rare.

Comment

In Small Victories, when Sam and Thor were beam aboard the ship on the Asgard homeworld, at that time, I saw other Asgard walking around in the back ground.

Comment

Correct me if I'm off base here. With Thor's ship only being run by him, itwould lead me to believe that the Asgard's tech allows them to run their ships with almost no crew members. If so, I have to ask. Does Thor sleep? And if so, does he sleep in the same way humans do?

Hmmmmm.... Or have I forgot that somewhere there is an answer on an SG-1 esp?

Spoiler Space
                    ****** USE IT *******
                    SFA rank - Sgt-At-Arms

To find out more vist the FAQ

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogma of war!

Comment

I think the Asgard go into those little box thingies which gets them energised. Not 100% sure though
                      __

__

Comment

Working...
                      X